PDA

View Full Version : Air travel

monkimagic
25th May 2008, 08:54 PM
Been looking about at getting a flight for our summer hols and they seem to have rocketed up in price, looks like this is gonna be a pricey summer! Dies anyone know why? Or is it the fuel costs etc....?

Sweeney
25th May 2008, 09:51 PM
Depends on dates, school holidays etc

Prices always fluctuate through the year at certain times and if certain events are on to cause increased demand

Fuel costs will have an effect in them somewhere though

N12 JLK
25th May 2008, 10:54 PM
Avoid the school holidays at all costs. The prices rocket!! That would be why we are buying a tent from Halfrauds and going camping for our summer hols:mad:

euan
26th May 2008, 10:36 AM
There are a few great websites for checking flight prices:

www.kayak.co.uk - love this site - so easy to use!
www.expedia.co.uk (they sometimes have special flight deals, I can get cheaper with BA to Aberdeen from London with this than I can with BA sometimes)
www.skyscanner.net - focusses on the budget airlines

illegalhunter
26th May 2008, 10:57 AM
Wait till the Yanks & Israiles hit Iran then watch the prices sky rocket. Opec will stop production , till its over. Just wait & see

Mini Ecosse
26th May 2008, 06:05 PM
Wait till the Yanks & Israiles hit Iran then watch the prices sky rocket. Opec will stop production , till its over. Just wait & see

What a cheery chappie you are, full of doom & gloom :D :D
Stephen

The Dogfather
26th May 2008, 06:10 PM
The only reason the Yanks haven't 'done' Iran yet is the price of oil. I doubt they ever will.

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2008, 07:19 PM
.......... Just wait & see

OK.:thumbs up:

Sheilz
26th May 2008, 11:29 PM
Yanks cant afford another war, they're struggling with the Iraq debacle. Avoiding school hols is a must. We've got our flights to Dubai booked for October, one day before the hols start and got two returns for £700 :thumbs up: Not bad coz last year we were £650 for one. Yabadabadoo! Bring it on for two weeks of glorious sunshine in the Palm. My eldest and her other half have moved from the Meadows to the Palm just this week. Cant wait:cool:;bigwave:

Burple
27th May 2008, 09:47 AM
The only reason the Yanks haven't 'done' Iran yet is the price of oil. I doubt they ever will.

don't be so sure.. The Bush corpuration needs to keep his chums in profit!

..and to keep up his guise of the 'war on terror' as an excuse for the new Crusades.. :eyes up: