PDA

View Full Version : 640bhp Electric MINI

The Dogfather
25th May 2008, 09:02 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before but some bofin's have taken a MINI and fitted 4x160bhp motors. I doubt it'll handle like a MINI though. :argh: :thumbs up:

MINI Milk Float (http://www.pmlflightlink.com/archive/news_mini.html)

john
25th May 2008, 10:57 AM
Big wheel offset and no brakes:frown:

james@
25th May 2008, 07:50 PM
saw it a couple of years back at the motor show, but nuts to saving the earth its not worth it if theres no induction roar or pops and bangs on the over run............

MrMischief
25th May 2008, 09:17 PM
Definitely need pops and bangs, no character without that :eyes up:

Shame it's not road legal with that wheel offset, needs some Grp 5 arches. Also, they think it has >640bhp yet only does 0-100kph in 4.5s. Must weigh all of 3 tonnes. :frown:

james@
26th May 2008, 11:24 AM
Definitely need pops and bangs, no character without that :eyes up:

Shame it's not road legal with that wheel offset, needs some Grp 5 arches. Also, they think it has >640bhp yet only does 0-100kph in 4.5s. Must weigh all of 3 tonnes. :frown:

leccy motors are not light, the unsprung weight is massive, fine on a smooth test track but imagine it on our fine roads :eek:

MrMischief
26th May 2008, 08:08 PM
leccy motors are not light, the unsprung weight is massive, fine on a smooth test track but imagine it on our fine roads :eek:

I know, hence the 3 tonne comment ;)

Maybe it'd smooth out some of our luvvvly tarmac for us

james@
26th May 2008, 10:38 PM
I know, hence the 3 tonne comment ;)

Maybe it'd smooth out some of our luvvvly tarmac for us

we can only hope lol i got shaken to bits on the way home, still nice new coilovers ive got coming will help that i do love adjustable dampers :yes nod: