PDA

View Full Version : AMOC Summer Show 08 - Sunday 3rd August

Bumble
24th May 2008, 11:00 PM
Is anyone up for a trip to the frozen north, otherwise known as Alford for the AMOC Summer Show 08 - Track and Fun Day?

Date is the 3rd August -

L

1. Bumble - Camping!
2. Burple
3. Andrew & Sharon
4. RPN
5. Rosco

Burple
25th May 2008, 06:52 PM
Count me in again! :cool::D
Usually a great day out! :thumbs up:

Craig
25th May 2008, 07:02 PM
Sorry, I doubt I will make this as that would make it 4 runs in 4 weeks, plus I still have to re-recce the route for the Argyll Run, just to make sure everything is OK with the roads (ie they aren't closing one as happened on the Chippy Run) ;)

Enjoy yourselves tho. :thumbs up:

Forbes
25th May 2008, 07:43 PM
I will try and come along to this if i can

Ben

ajamesj
25th May 2008, 08:18 PM
Yeh put us down for this one

Andy & Lianne

Bumble
26th May 2008, 05:48 PM
No probs Craig ... all others I've started a list on the 1st post.

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2008, 05:55 PM
In such a crowded summer, I doubt we'll be able to take more time off work. Sorry Lynn.

But, I've made it a sticky for you.

A.

Bumble
26th May 2008, 06:05 PM
That's okay, you guys are right, there are so many runs ... FAB, but a lot to commit to, especially if taking time off work! Thanks for making it a sticky!

Thought it would be good to have something for the north-east. I'm going to tie it in with a trip home but there has also been chat about camping nearby the night before. Once I know for sure I'll post up in case anyone else is up for singing round the camp fire with a few beers, followed by a Mini packed Sunday!

ajamesj
27th May 2008, 09:04 PM
Sounds good the camping I hav always thought about planning a NMS camp weekend but thought it would be alot of work lol.

Burple
27th May 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm going to tie it in with a trip home but there has also been chat about camping nearby the night before. Once I know for sure I'll post up in case anyone else is up for singing round the camp fire with a few beers, followed by a Mini packed Sunday!

Like I said on Sunday.. that could be a very good plan!
not been on a mini camping trip for a long time!!:cool::thumbs up:

Keep us posted! :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
17th June 2008, 08:55 PM
Bumble

Can you give any more details about the day...

Cheers
Andrew

Bumble
18th June 2008, 06:26 PM
Sure - planning to give my sister a call tonight to try and get more details

Lynn

Bumble
20th June 2008, 06:05 PM
Called - she is going to post up the details here when she gets a mo; but we have decided we are definately camping the night before.

minijac
22nd June 2008, 12:42 PM
Yes its the greatest event in the NE Mini calendar, the Annual Amoc show. taking place on Sunday 3rd August at the Grampian transport museum in Alford, about 20 miles west of Aberdeen.
Entry to the show will be £5 per mini which gets you a goodie bag, and free entry for the public.
The fun will start at 10am with the track opening shortly afterwards. We will also have a cavalcade round the track at the end and draw the raffle prizes.
Track access is at extra cost, £5 per 4 laps of the track and the event is open to both Classics and new MINI's too!
Camping is available just round the corner at Haughton park, if you would like to stay there then phone them to reserve your pitch on 01975 562107
hope to see you all there
Directions,

Alford is situated on the A944, which is well signposted from Aberdeen.

Once in Alford just look for signs for the Transport museum.

The postcode for those with Satnav is AB33 8AE

Forbes
28th June 2008, 04:10 PM
Bit gutted but i got my works golf day out that day. Would of come along, though the prospect of beating my managers is to good a opportunity to miss!

Bumble
6th July 2008, 02:12 PM
No bother - updated; looks like there are just a few of us ... did I mention that I'll have a boot of beer for the campsite?

gauldrymini
7th July 2008, 09:13 PM
Lynn

Can you add Sharon and myself (tbc) don't think we will be camping though...

Andrew

ajamesj
7th July 2008, 09:30 PM
Beeer Yummmyy Lol

rpn
7th July 2008, 10:02 PM
I'll be there. If a nice sunny day I'll be on my bike.

minijac
8th July 2008, 09:41 PM
well i did order sun for the show just hope that it gets here on time :cool:

Forbes
8th July 2008, 10:26 PM
... did I mention that I'll have a boot of beer for the campsite?
:eek: You should have mentioned that before! ... I will stay a good boy though and go golfing. Get lots of pics for me

Bumble
10th July 2008, 08:20 PM
updated - burple u still up for camping? going to organise pitches and will try and reserve us all together

Bumble
14th July 2008, 11:09 PM
Burple you have a PM!

Burple
15th July 2008, 10:01 AM
Burple you have a PM!

Ta! :D

Right, I've just checked me calendar.. I'm afraid i can't do camping for the show :frown::confused: Got a big night out on the Saturday for a friend's birthday.. gutted!

But I'll be up at the show alright! :thumbs up::D

mini16-123
15th July 2008, 06:10 PM
alrite yeh i am able to come cant do the camping but will come up on sunday
cheers roscoe

Forbes
15th July 2008, 06:14 PM
^^^^ Showing a bit of commitment coming from Stirling for a day

Bumble
15th July 2008, 06:56 PM
Ta! :D

Right, I've just checked me calendar.. I'm afraid i can't do camping for the show :frown::confused: Got a big night out on the Saturday for a friend's birthday.. gutted!

But I'll be up at the show alright! :thumbs up::D

Not to worry ... will see you there!

Bumble
30th July 2008, 09:04 PM
Okay folks ... just a reminder that this is happening this weekend coming. I'm travelling up on Friday (going to visit rents) so I will see some of you up there, I'll be the one that looks a big groggy after spending the night in a sleeping bag!

ajamesj
30th July 2008, 09:08 PM
Dont think we will make it sorry wish we could

Bumble
31st July 2008, 11:07 PM
no bother .. updated

gauldrymini
4th August 2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry, Sharon and I could not make it yesterday...will have it in diary for next year though:smilewinkgrin:

hope the weather was OK up there?

Andrew

bpirie1000
5th August 2008, 06:06 PM
Big thanks to Lown lud for turning up....

rest were there in spirit .............

Bumble
6th August 2008, 01:20 PM
yep - was fab day if a little wet in places - Brian did u notice that there was a sudden crowd round the track when u moved your white beastie?

bpirie1000
7th August 2008, 09:51 AM
pitty I only got her on track couple times. ...

On the saturday it was going great guns. But clutch will be going asap....Like the bank balance......

anyone get any pics of my Burnout????

Bumble
7th August 2008, 01:03 PM
Haven't downloaded my pics yet - will check it out and post up.