PDA

View Full Version : Wee Boys.......

Linda M
16th March 2004, 11:15 PM
I'm going to see BUSTED tonight and you can all slag me as much as you like cos it's gonna be brilliant :clown::D:clown:

Gismo
16th March 2004, 11:25 PM
By openly admitting that you are going, you have managed to slag yourself :eek: remember, they don't like women's undies thrown at them, more a bag of sweeties and the latest Beano

Big Col
16th March 2004, 11:33 PM
At least they wont be around for long as their voices are bound to break soon.

Mini Martyn
16th March 2004, 11:59 PM
I didnt no that Linda wore any undies!!?? <time to duck>

Monsta Mo Mini
17th March 2004, 12:08 AM
I sincerely hope Willie isn't going to blow his credibility by going aswell....

GAJ
17th March 2004, 12:14 AM
They get a surprisingly good review in today's Guardian.

Wild horses wouldn't drag me though! I'd rather stuff tinfoil into my fillings!

mr.b
17th March 2004, 01:40 AM
oh my god, in the name of the wee man, the bishop wouldn't ask you that......what are you thinking? the only feasable reason to go see *BOOSTED* was if you were the mother to one of them and you had to take thier jammies along and read them a bed time story! Enjoy if you can.

Now then, I'm going to see Maroon 5 tomorrow night - that's a bit more like it.

Linda M
17th March 2004, 02:42 AM
I'm going away in an hour and I can see how jealous you all are :p:clown::D

Gismo
17th March 2004, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

I sincerely hope Willie isn't going to blow his credibility by going aswell....Tee hee, i have it on good authority that Willie will be there, screaming as loud as he can, along with the other parentally guarded kiddie's from primary 5 :I

Julz
17th March 2004, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

I'd rather stuff tinfoil into my fillings!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mgemie
17th March 2004, 09:38 AM
Just imagine... Linda shows up in her lovely MINI and parks alongside hundreds of cars belonging to embarrassed parents who've had to take their kids to the BUSTED concert :D:D:D

don't even think of trying to find a beer tent! :D;) Cans of Coca-cola & sweeties will be it!!;):)

lol

Linda M
17th March 2004, 05:00 PM
Well, WHAT can I say :D Yes it was full of kids (far better than adults) and we were four rows from the front of the stage :cool: They played 'totally' live (a feat within itself these days) and it was 110% total fun, energy and entertainment, not one bad song !!!!! I'm still on a high and I'd be right back tonight if I could get a ticket :D:D:D

Willie M
17th March 2004, 05:23 PM
I'll have you know that if Linda hadn't been there last night, I'm sure I could've scored with some of the young girls :approve: (well, there mothers possibly :I)

All in all I'd have to give the lads credit, they certianly did play live and they turned in a good performance. As Linda said, in this age of completely talentless mime artists, it was good to see an albeit 'manufactured' band actually 'perform'. Fair play to the wee boys (and there mums :))

The only irksome things for me was the constant screaming :eek:, and no, it wasn't just Linda ;)

Anyway, back to reality tonight as I'm off to see Stiff Little Fingers at The Barras :cool: for about the 25th time :approve: All together now.... 'Gotta.. Gotta.. Gettaway..'

Burple
17th March 2004, 08:41 PM
quote:
The only irksome things for me was the constant screaming :eek:, and no, it wasn't just Linda ;)

Now I'm sure you've been warned about that before Mr M...
They really shouldn't let you so near the front....
Bet you were screaming louder then the wee girlies too!;);)
:evil::evil::blackeye::p;):D:cool:

Big Gordy
17th March 2004, 09:46 PM
Never mind Willie you've got 'RUSH' in September to look forward too:p:D:approve:

Willie M
18th March 2004, 04:41 PM
Only ever saw Rush once before, late eighties I think it was, round about the time 'Countdown' was a single. I wouldn't say I was a massive fan but I always admired Alex Liefson's (sp?) guitar work. One of my mates has always been a huge Rush fan though so I'm familiar with a lot of their stuff.

Looking forward to the gig anyway, will touch base with you nearer the time and maybe meet up for a pint if you like.

Big Col
18th March 2004, 04:51 PM
ooh be careful Willie M! If you go drinking with Big G you may miss the concert alltogether. Years of the Alloa beer festival have honed the big mans drinking ability to epic proportions. <prods Big G's wibbly tummy> Imagine how much beer that thing can hold! ;):D

Big Gordy
18th March 2004, 05:18 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm beer................:p Next Alloa beer festival 21st May Ooooooooh yeah baby. Anyway back to topic :I I've followed Rush since I was at school. Saw them live the first time they graced our shores, 1977 I think. went to see them at the Apollo every year until 81 (thats when I got married so you can guess what happened after that ;)) Got the Live in Rio dvd off Santa and decided I needed to see them again, so my brother and I booked tickets when we heard that their 30th aniversary tour was coming to Glasgow this year. I still find it hard to believe that 3 guys can produce the sound they do, its amazing. In some songs Geddy is playing bass, singing and stamping on some foot organ thingy (fnaw,fnaw) all at the same time........outstanding :Dyeh Willie a few pints before the gig would be good:p:D:approve:

mr.b
18th March 2004, 06:53 PM
Willie.

How were the fingers?

Willie M
19th March 2004, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by mr.b

Willie.
How were the fingers?
Excellent, really were on top form. 27 years on and still going strong :approve: