PDA

View Full Version : Calling all you detailers out there

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 03:18 PM
Now you don't need to be top notch detailer you just need to have a passion for polishing and waxing etc etc like what Allan has and me (well me buying the stuff);).

So come Craig I know you like to detail and Marky boy oh and AndyP I'm sure Crombers enjoys it too. I've read many posts on how to's etc etc.

So I'm challenging your passion I have a wee something that will be needing detailed the third week of June.

Are you all free ?

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 03:21 PM
I forgot there is Jason and Ian king (but he would want to charge):p:p

ianking
23rd May 2008, 03:44 PM
Im sure I could do you a wee deal for a full deatail for some swappsies or such like.
You should have said when I was getting the Zymol from you. I would have sorted you out with a detail.

Craig
23rd May 2008, 04:23 PM
Nae worries Fi, remember my run is the 3rd week in June (22nd from memory)

just bring it round to Chateau Davies, and we will get it sorted... :thumbs up:

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 05:42 PM
Nae worries Fi, remember my run is the 3rd week in June (22nd from memory)

just bring it round to Chateau Davies, and we will get it sorted... :thumbs up:

not so sure it will fit in your drive. But your on now mind you can't go back on your word .:hand::thumbs up:

I'm sure between you and Allan you'll squeeze most of it on your drive.:yes nod::yes nod:

Bumble
23rd May 2008, 05:46 PM
what is it? ... a tank? ... bendy bus?

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 05:46 PM
Im sure I could do you a wee deal for a full deatail for some swappsies or such like.
You should have said when I was getting the Zymol from you. I would have sorted you out with a detail.

thanks Ian but this one won't need a custom detail don't think the paint is thick enough or would stand up to a PC. Infact not 100% sure what kinda paint are on these.

Mini Ecosse
23rd May 2008, 06:25 PM
This is all vey well, but what the h**l is it?

Stephen

Mini Ecosse
23rd May 2008, 06:26 PM
It's too early for a Q5!

Stephen

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 06:39 PM
It's too early for a Q5!

Stephen

I can't say it will ruin the surprise for Craig although I've no doubt he may guess anyway.:smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
23rd May 2008, 06:55 PM
ohhh a want to know what it is :argh: is it a ************* or have i spoilt it now:moonie::smilewinkgrin:

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 07:10 PM
ohhh a want to know what it is :argh: is it a *******: or have i spoilt it now:moonie::smilewinkgrin:

Oh see now can you just go and delete your post young man.:argh::argh::p before he reads it.:hand:

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2008, 07:31 PM
Edited Williams post Fi, to maintain the element of surprise.:rolleyes:

And for the record, Lenore's mum used a rotary buffer on one last week and it brought it up lovely. It wasn't a rotary polisher, just a cheap buffer thing with a slow rotation, but I reckon a PC should be fine on the surface you're talking about.

And if I'm free I'd love to help out, but it will depend on when it is as we are on holiday for the first couple of weeks of June then loads of runs and work the rest of the month.;)

A.:D

illegalhunter
23rd May 2008, 08:06 PM
Another new car Fi , i wonder what brand it will be this time lol

N12 JLK
23rd May 2008, 08:52 PM
Caravan??

MINI William
23rd May 2008, 09:29 PM
Oh see now can you just go and delete your post young man.:argh::argh::p before he reads it.:hand:

sorry :blush::o:eyes up::eyes up:

Craig
23rd May 2008, 09:51 PM
never read it in time... :ragin:

but my bed is on a new double axle caravan... :thumbs up:

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 09:54 PM
never read it in time... :ragin:

but my bed is on a new double axle caravan... :thumbs up:

dam :ragin::ragin:

However it's not a TA it's SA. But still a big bugger.:D you said you would help and I'm holding you to it.:hand: we could get a cherry picker and put Mark in to do the roof:thumbs up:

Craig
23rd May 2008, 09:57 PM
dam :ragin::ragin:

However it's not a TA it's SA. But still a big bugger.:D you said you would help and I'm holding you to it.:hand: we could get a cherry picker and put Mark in to do the roof:thumbs up:

yeah I can help, but you don't know my rates yet ...!! :p;)

what make then ?

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 10:08 PM
yeah I can help, but you don't know my rates yet ...!! :p;)

what make then ?

It's a Bailey Senator Arizona.:thumbs up: only had the Ranger for 12 months my brother needed something to stay in during his new build and I wanted something with a bit more kit. He gave me top book price which meant I only lost £500 wish cars held their value like that

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2008, 11:52 PM
It's a Bailey Senator Arizona.:thumbs up: only had the Ranger for 12 months my brother needed something to stay in during his new build and I wanted something with a bit more kit. He gave me top book price which meant I only lost £500 wish cars held their value like that

Sounds nice Fi. Bailey are really switched on these days with the way they release caravans. So "seasonal" launches. Just constant product all year round.:thumbs up:

And you're right. It's a shame cars don't hold their value as well as caravans.

Mind you, we're out the caravan game now for a loooooooong time.

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 11:58 PM
I couldn't leave caravanning love it to much. Thought you could borrow your old van from your parents.?

If someone said to me Caravan or Mini it would be caravan everytime:shut up::shut up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2008, 12:03 AM
I couldn't leave caravanning love it to much. Thought you could borrow your old van from your parents.?

If someone said to me Caravan or Mini it would be caravan everytime:shut up::shut up:

We can. Forgot about that.:blush: But no plans to go caravanning this year.

monkimagic
24th May 2008, 12:05 AM
Comes in ........sees Caravan talk....thinks <Ah fir fecks sake> buggers back out again shouting "I HATE BLOODY CARAVANS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2008, 12:07 AM
Fi did you just hear the door go?

Ach, it was probably one of those caravan haters. He'll be away playing with his "train set" somewhere.

Scottie
24th May 2008, 12:16 AM
as Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: would say I hate Manuer:laugh:

Scottie
24th May 2008, 12:17 AM

Ach, it was probably one of those caravan haters. He'll be away playing with his "train set" somewhere.

Andy it's a swing door it hit him on the way back.:laugh::yawn::yawn:

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2008, 12:20 AM
as Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: would say I hate Manuer:laugh:

He'll come back in in a minute saying... "Who you callin' chicken?"

V12MSM
24th May 2008, 05:49 AM
Does the Dooper pull this Caravan along?

Surely it doesn't need detailed, just use a big brush...:popcorn:

Craig
24th May 2008, 10:26 AM
sounds nice Fi... trying to convince my maw and paw to change their van, but with the new car on it's way, their trying to hold onto their money... ;)

monkimagic
24th May 2008, 11:31 PM

;bigwave: LOL

Scottie
21st June 2008, 10:08 PM
Hey Craig my new caravan has arrived.:thumbs up::thumbs up: Might get it this Thursday. however I've ordered tyron bands to be fitted and asked for another plug socket to be put in for sky box and also a sky point on the outside of the van so it might be later for collection

So when are you available and we need to come up with an idea on we can safely polish the roof.

AndyP & Lenore
21st June 2008, 11:38 PM
Fi, I'm pretty sure the Senators have a fully bonded roof. So you should (in theory) be able to walk on the roof. I'M NOT RECCOMENDING YOU DO THAT, I'm just saying I'm sure that's possible. In fact, I seem to remember a photo of a Bailey press release showing their senior directors all standing on the roof of one of their vans. :eek::thud:

Speak to your dealer and ask what all this fully bonded stuff is all about. It would make detailing the roof a lot easier for you.

Not sure I'd put Craig up there mind you.:eek::blush::moonie::moonie:

Craig
21st June 2008, 11:59 PM
GIRUY Poolel :moonie:

Fi, quite happy to help you sort out the van, I have new polish arriving this week also. :thumbs up:

Scottie
22nd June 2008, 12:11 AM
Fi, I'm pretty sure the Senators have a fully bonded roof. So you should (in theory) be able to walk on the roof. I'M NOT RECCOMENDING YOU DO THAT, I'm just saying I'm sure that's possible. In fact, I seem to remember a photo of a Bailey press release showing their senior directors all standing on the roof of one of their vans. :eek::thud:

Speak to your dealer and ask what all this fully bonded stuff is all about. It would make detailing the roof a lot easier for you.

Not sure I'd put Craig up there mind you.:eek::blush::moonie::moonie:

don't think I'll bother.

The only caravan I know that you can actually walk on the roof are the giest and the Kabe.