PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Covers & Suspension

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 07:38 AM
Hi folks,

I am looking around for mirror covers for the R56, where is the best place?

I know of the flag and chrome ones available from BMW, and they are also on Fleabay.

I see one of the traders here does the covers for the R53, but not the R56.

In addition, we will be looking to lower the car (35mm ish), as it sits too high.

Not after coilovers, as she doesn't want to be restricted by speed bumps like me ;)

I have had Eibach springs on my golf, so know they offer a great upgrade over standard, but please tell me what you have had spring wise on new and old minis.

Cheers,
Mark.

james@
23rd May 2008, 10:30 AM
Eibach suit the mini quite well softer springs compliment the hard dampers, Eiabchs and some decent tires will do the world of good (goodyear eagle f1 GDS'3s, pilot sports etc) i think the bmw approved AC Schnitzer http://www.ac-schnitzer.co.uk/ springs are made buy Eibach (and you keep your warrnaty)

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for your reply James :thumbs up:

Eibach seem to offer suspension upgrades as factory options at a couple of my local dealerships.

I'll enquire at BMW about the AC springs when we take delivery.

Cheers.

james@
23rd May 2008, 02:13 PM
Im not sure how many dealers in the UK do the AC S stuff for the mini (asfasik) my local down here in Edinburgh Peter Vardy do, but like the AC S bmw stuff im 99% sure it can be 1 fitted buy the dealer 2 is coverd and wont void the warranty. Most of the parts are from 3rd party's (Remus exhaust, Eibach do the suspension, and someone like pipercross or ITG will do the air filters)

Its also from memory parts wise a good deal cheaper than the JCW stuff and different too (as in that case Delphi make the suspension, the works brakes are the off some random bmw but powder coated red and the works air filters are pre 2004 pipercross and post august 04 are BMC. :thumbs up: its not bad kit bmc are dam good filters, Delphi make the stock suspension and the JCW is very good.

mikeythemini
23rd May 2008, 04:42 PM
BMW have parted company with AC S & are releasng their own styling stuff for the 1 & 3 series

james@
23rd May 2008, 05:19 PM
ture as BMW are no longer the UK importer (as its now Rossiters), but the stuff is still for sale through the dealers well my dealer at least anyway.