PDA

View Full Version : Newbie :)

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 06:57 AM
Hi folks,

Mark from Banchory, just outside of Aberdeen here.

Was shown the site by member s7jgw - James (Cooper S) and by Lomax (Yellow Cooper S Works) who is no longer a Mini owner.

Anyways, just ordered the other half a brand new Mini One at John Clark in Aberdeen the other day.

It is her first own car, so what better way to start.

It was a toss up between a bog basic Cooper, or a spec'd up One.
Since she doesn't need the wee bit more grunt, it made sense to go for the One option :thumbs up:

Here is the spec:

Pepper White
Pepper pack (you know what that is...)
5 Star Blaster 16" Alloys
Clear indicator pack
Black bonnet Stripes

So quite a good spec, and hopefully this will greatly improve the resale, for when we trade it in for another.

Got the dealer to give us the TLC (5 years servicing) for free, don't ask, you don't get ;)

Other plans for the car are to have the wheels painted gloss black, a light smoke in the back windows and lowered suspension (Eibach Springs, probably).

You'll see the gar in the gallery once we take delivery in 5-7 weeks, and also in the detailing section :cool:

Many thanks,
Mark.

Gismo
23rd May 2008, 08:35 AM
:welcome: to the site Mark, the pepper white is a fantastic colour :thumbs up:

ianking
23rd May 2008, 08:36 AM
Welcome.

Im sure I have seen your log in name on detailing world. I linger about there too.

Im sure you will know not to get JC to valet the car before you get it as they will stick it through their roller wash. :mad:

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :D I fancy pepper white for next time.

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 08:57 AM
Cheers :thumbs up:

Welcome.

Im sure I have seen your log in name on detailing world. I linger about there too.

Im sure you will know not to get JC to valet the car before you get it as they will stick it through their roller wash. :mad:

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :D I fancy pepper white for next time.

Yes, I am a Detailing World Pro Supporter/Sponsor :thumbs up:

JC threw my Golf through the roller wash, when I clearly indicated I did not want that, funnily enough...they compensated me with a free service and brake fluid change!

Yea, I am looking forward to the delivery, cheeky wee cars :)

gauldrymini
23rd May 2008, 08:59 AM
Hello Mark

Nice combo of cars, we have a MKV GTI ED30 (nice car not too convinced about interior build though) which replaced our MKV GTI and a R56 Cooper...
Thought about lowering the Coop but a bit wary as to what effect it will have on the warranty / TLC... was quoted £270 for a fitted Pi spring kit though...:smilewinkgrin:

Andrew

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2008, 09:32 AM
Hi Mark, and :welcome: to NMS.

I'm guessing you'll be wanting to join the shiny club when you get yer MINI then.:cool:

A.:D

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 09:39 AM
Hi Andy, and thanks :)

The dealers will only be removing the transport packaging if I get my way, then i'll polish it with Menz PO85 FF on th Makita, followed by a few other products ;)

Cheers,
Mark.

Hello Mark

Nice combo of cars, we have a MKV GTI ED30 (nice car not too convinced about interior build though) which replaced our MKV GTI and a R56 Cooper...
Thought about lowering the Coop but a bit wary as to what effect it will have on the warranty / TLC... was quoted £270 for a fitted Pi spring kit though...:smilewinkgrin:

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have no issues with my car, love it to pieces. Fancy swapping interiors ;)

Should not be a problem with lowering, as I have coilovers on my car, and the service manager did not have an issue with it.

Eibach or H&R Springs should be ok on the Mini shocks, as I am lead to believe the One and the Cooper have the same suspension...

gauldrymini
23rd May 2008, 12:13 PM
Mark

Both our GTIs have been a bit "so so" regarding interior build plastics, but Sharon puts up with it as its a powerful beast very smooth and easy to drive the extra 27bhp makes a difference...;)

Andrew

ianking
23rd May 2008, 12:28 PM
Dont even get them to remove the transoprt wax. Just get some co-polymer remover and put it through your foam lance or jet wash feed and do it your self. That way you know its done right and there is no way they can damage anything.

Minis tend to come with lots of transport wax on the alloys as well from what I have found.

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks Ian.

John Clark garages in Aberdeen seem to find it difficult to do as a customer says when it has comes to new car deliveries, whether it be BMW's our families have had, or a friends RS4...

I will be taking the car straight to my friends unit, and it will be up on the ramp, so wheels will be off and so on for the detail :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
23rd May 2008, 01:13 PM
Welcome to NMS

RyanK
23rd May 2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome to NMS mark and congratulations with the purchase. I want a Pepper white Mini next too, definately one of the best colours to go for :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I recognise your name and car from EastsideVW in which I am a 'lurker' on. Haven't actually got round to signing up. Your car looks mint and your mate Lomax's Candy white GTI is something else :yes nod:

Look forward to seeing the pics

Cheers

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 02:45 PM
Cheers Ryan :)

Yea, I'll slyly mod her car...why not ey!

Bit of whoreage haha:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/u01msm3/My%20GTI/DSC_0029.jpg

Scottie
23rd May 2008, 03:13 PM
Cheers :thumbs up:

Yes, I am a Detailing World Pro Supporter/Sponsor :thumbs up:

JC threw my Golf through the roller wash, when I clearly indicated I did not want that, funnily enough...they compensated me with a free service and brake fluid change!

Yea, I am looking forward to the delivery, cheeky wee cars :)

Welcome,

Look forward to you sharing some detailing tips.:thumbs up: I like reading the detailing sites and then telling Allan how to polish the car:laugh: also like buying the different waxes.:thumbs up: We are trying a new one tonight.:cool:

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 03:22 PM
Excellent, nice to hear from you!

Detailing is rather obsessive, but I justify it, as the resale value of the car seems to be better...;)

Wish I was out doing my car, but I am stuck in Denmark.

What is the new wax you are trying out?

I noticed your post with RG55, I have only used mine once so far, but Mark @ Raceglaze is using a picture of mine on his new Pre-Wax Cleanser that is going to be released :)

Post your pics up when you are done, stunning car you have I must say.

Forbes
23rd May 2008, 04:17 PM
Welcome. Again recognise the name from ACS. Mini sounds like it will look good.

Bumble
23rd May 2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome to NMS land .... BIG WAVE!

sedgie
23rd May 2008, 06:39 PM
Hiya n Welcome:D

V12MSM
23rd May 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the warm, welcome folks. Nice friendly place here :)

Sweeney
23rd May 2008, 09:17 PM
Welcome, fine choice in vehicle(s) ;)
Was sure i'd seen you about on "other" forums? :thumbs up:

Craig
23rd May 2008, 09:49 PM
:welcome:

mind and get some pics up when you get the new motor... oh and some wax on it. :thumbs up:

Colin
24th May 2008, 12:00 AM
:welcome: to NMS.

Duncan Stewart
27th May 2008, 03:08 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

Crombers
27th May 2008, 06:47 PM
:welcome: to NMSland :cool: