PDA

View Full Version : 10p worth of speakers

illegalhunter
21st May 2008, 08:21 PM
Now i did bitch about the hifi upgrade in my mini . These were the rear speakers from my Type R , the fronts were the same rubbish. I installed infinity front & back today
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/illeagalhunter/DSCF0665.jpghttp://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k13/illeagalhunter/DSCF0666.jpg

FergusM
21st May 2008, 08:24 PM
They actually look better than the ones I got taken out the mini...think mine were paper cones !...shockingly bad.

SimonS
21st May 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm glad to see that they are on the way to their perfect resting place.

Go on.. open the lid!

Craig
21st May 2008, 09:26 PM
yeah most std systems in cars are mince.... :smilewinkgrin:

just as cheap as they can make them... :rolleyes::ragin:

The Bull
22nd May 2008, 08:34 AM
They are pretty bad eh? I put Infinitys in the front of mine and the upgraded Honda ones in the back. Still not brilliant though. I kind of expected more from the Infinitys to be honest. They do look good though with the tweeter components in the original Honda housing.

An amped setup is the way to go if you want decent sound from that head unit I think.

GAJ
22nd May 2008, 09:23 AM
...think mine were paper cones.

What's the problem with paper cones?

Burple
22nd May 2008, 10:02 AM
Are they only held in place with ONE screw?? :eek::shut up::eyes up:

Wow.. :D

You'll need some decent amplification to get the best out of the Infinitys :cool:

FergusM
22nd May 2008, 01:58 PM
What's the problem with paper cones?

Just sounds crap !....not down to them being paper, just so light / cheap and horrible sounding.

GAJ
22nd May 2008, 02:38 PM
Just sounds crap !....not down to them being paper, just so light / cheap and horrible sounding.

Was wondering! A lot of top end speakers (home, I'm no expert in ICE) have paper cones.

FergusM
22nd May 2008, 04:11 PM
Was wondering! A lot of top end speakers (home, I'm no expert in ICE) have paper cones.

Shows you how little i know...:o I can however definitely say the ones fitted were crap... :p