PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to ICE in R56

symo29
14th May 2008, 09:31 PM
I stupidly never went for the upgrade in stereo for my Dooper.

Anyone know who to go to for a reasonably priced stereo upgrade, or am i better just installing a sub in the boot? The stereo sound is rubbish.....

Id appreciate any help

Thanks

KenL
14th May 2008, 09:43 PM
I stupidly never went for the upgrade in stereo for my Dooper.

Anyone know who to go to for a reasonably priced stereo upgrade, or am i better just installing a sub in the boot? The stereo sound is rubbish.....

Id appreciate any help

Thanks

Mikeythemini is supposed to be THE man for stereo upgrades for the MINI.

I cannot see how putting a sub in the boot will help. If anything it might make a poor system sound worse :eek:

james@
14th May 2008, 10:32 PM
^^ what Ken said theres not a person on this planet better with minis and sound systems than mikey and lucky he sponsors the site too, my cooper R50 should be going to see mikey before the summer shows for some shiny loud stuff

euan
15th May 2008, 06:36 AM
Mikey does an upgrade to the stereo for the R56 as well, 2 packages and you can chose to install yourself or not:
http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=products&cat=25

Of course, he will also do something just for you, but the complete package he does looks enough for most! I think someone on here has this fitted (N12 maybe?)

ianking
15th May 2008, 08:47 AM
I have the full R56 upgrade, as does Fergus and it is so much better than anything factory.

FergusM
15th May 2008, 10:30 AM
It is brilliant, if you want to hear the difference just let me know and we can arrange to meet. The quality of the installation was brilliant also...less rattles in my dash after it was fitted !

gauldrymini
15th May 2008, 12:31 PM
Simon

Went for the upgrade when speccing car and worth it...but would still like an improvement so maybe a trip to Mike for me??

Andrew