PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Black!

rocker4500
14th May 2008, 02:24 PM
Its never clean! and when it is always end up seeing some sort of rub or streek marks haha! What do you guys use to clean, polish etc you black mini?

KenL
14th May 2008, 09:45 PM
Well, I like black and on my metallic black Golf I did not think it looked dirtier than any other car.

Do you have any products on it at present?

Bazthemod
14th May 2008, 10:26 PM
If black is looked after its a great colour!

I use Pete's 53 wax by chemical guys

Makes the water bead off the car and makes it harder for the dirt to stick

You might also get good results with Super Resin Polish by Auto Glym - it masks the light swirl marks you can see in the sun just top it off with the above wax.

For a proper job you would need it machine polished but for general cleaning super resin polish and petes should do you fine.

Oh and use 2 buckets and a washmit :D

rocker4500
14th May 2008, 10:29 PM
I look into that stuff cheers!

I shouldnt say i hate black, it looks great...when clean, i just find it hard to keep clean haha!
I have used a meguiars clay bar on in, thats all

KenL
14th May 2008, 10:39 PM
I look into that stuff cheers!

I shouldnt say i hate black, it looks great...when clean, i just find it hard to keep clean haha!
I have used a meguiars clay bar on in, thats all

A clay bar will remove bonded bits and pieces like tree sap, tar etc. and is the first step to a good finish.

You should try removing any existing wax (washing with fairy liquid should do the trick) and then apply a decent wax or a sealant followed by a wax.

I used Klasse All-in-one followed by P21S wax on my Golf.

Currently using just Collinite 476 wax http://www.colliniteautomotive.com/products.htm#super476s on my MINI. Good results and great durability.

KenL
14th May 2008, 10:40 PM
Forgot to say, I am not a big fan of Autoglym SRP. Decent results but too much of a risk to all the plastic through staining.

vintageb3
15th May 2008, 08:12 AM
Black is not a colour...it is a canvas to build perfection upon...

Me?....I'm still building....:rolleyes:

mark

gauldrymini
15th May 2008, 12:35 PM
I used Turtle Wax Ice recently on the Cooper and GTI Ed 30 (met. Black) both look nice and shiny...must say i am not a wax buff (pardon the pun!:p) though but do like a shiny car...:smilewinkgrin: