PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin V3.7 Upgrade

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 01:51 AM
As far as I can see, the vBulletin V3.7 upgrade appears to be complete. It looks like there may be a few CSS issues which require a bit of tweaking, with some text colours clashing slightly with background colours. I'll have a wee look into that over the next couple of days.

New features....

3.7 has brought a quite a few new features to the board including;

New Networking Options :-

Image Albums to feature your MINI's.:yes nod: Looks like you can have more than one album. Members can also leave comments about your album, which appear under your album. Max image size for this is 600 X 600 and 95k. However, if your image is larger than 600 pixels, the board software will re-size it for you. There is a warning that you may be able to re-size it better yourself, but for those who are not familiar with image resizing, this is a great tool.:thumbs up:

Contacts and Friends. Add friends to a list for easy contacting.

Social Groups. You are now free to create your own social groups for users to join. When creating a group you can set it to be "public" where anyone can join, "Invitation only" where only those who are invited to join can join in, and "moderated". I suspect the moderated option means that moderators must approve your membership of the group.

The new user profile page looks very nifty, showing the users albums and a "message box" for visitors to leave you a wee message.;)

I've also added in the new site logo, which you'll all be seeing a lot more of in the weeks to come with apparel coming soon.:cool:

That's it for now. I'm sure we'll find other new features in time. In Alan's (Bonnie Scotland's) absence I should say a big thank you to the site hosts; www.thinkbiggar.com for a seamless vBulletin upgrade.:thumbs up:

But for now, have fun with the new toys, and if you have any questions fire them off to me or Craig (While Bonnie Scotland is on his holybags).:frown:

AndyP:D
Admin

Gismo
14th May 2008, 09:51 AM
Sitting on the ferry and it's looking good :thumbs up:

Scottie
14th May 2008, 03:05 PM
how do you see another persons album:confused:

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 04:31 PM
how do you see another persons album:confused:

Click their username to view their profile. If they have an album, it will show on the right of the screen.

Try clicking our username to view our profile, and you should see our two albums.

A.;)

Scottie
14th May 2008, 04:37 PM
Already checked that out.

I was looking for a gallery link at top of page that shows everyone that has set up a album.:o Take it this is not an option?

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 07:03 PM
Already checked that out.

I was looking for a gallery link at top of page that shows everyone that has set up a album.:o Take it this is not an option?

Good question.:thumbs up:

Will look into that.

A.:D

Scottie
14th May 2008, 07:35 PM
also I noticed (well happened to me anyway) when uploading my profile picture it came up at the end with a message saying upload had failed however the picture had loaded up ok.

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 08:26 PM
also I noticed (well happened to me anyway) when uploading my profile picture it came up at the end with a message saying upload had failed however the picture had loaded up ok.

Possibly just an error which occurred the once for you Fi.:confused:

Message to all:

If anyone else has trouble uploading a profile pic, let me know.

A.;)

Scottie
15th May 2008, 09:57 PM
any chance of getting the Profile Page Customization switched to on.??

The Dogfather
15th May 2008, 10:06 PM
Possibly just an error which occurred the once for you Fi.:confused:

Message to all:

If anyone else has trouble uploading a profile pic, let me know.

A.;)

I did the first time but been fine since, could be the PCs at work. I think the circuitry is made of chocolate, they're fine at first but after they've been on awhile they become useless.

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2008, 10:36 PM
any chance of getting the Profile Page Customization switched to on.??

OK. Profile Page customization is switched on. I would suggest this is approached with care by everyone as you can make your profile page almost unreadable if you change too many colours or use background images etc. However, careful use can enhance your profile page and give it much more "sparkle" than the standard vBulletin settings.

Bear in mind that this is a fairly major setting and Bonnie Scotland may not want it switched on when he gets back. But for now.... it's switched on.

If you do completely mess up your profile page you can "reset" it back to standard by clicking the "clear all" button at the bottom of the Profile Customization" page.

A.;)

Gismo
29th May 2008, 11:05 AM
OK. Profile Page customization is switched on. I would suggest this is approached with care by everyone as you can make your profile page almost unreadable if you change too many colours or use background images etc. However, careful use can enhance your profile page and give it much more "sparkle" than the standard vBulletin settings.
Some of you may have noticed that i've been tweaking the forum colours in the panels, backgrounds and text areas.
I've gotten the site to an almost acceptable (to me) colour scheme with one exception.
The user profile page is controlled by each user, the default is ok to a certain extent, i can read it but would prefer a wee tweak if it were mine to make it stand out a bit more, so, if you folks find that you have difficulty in reading your own profile page then maybe you should look into changing it slightly so that others can read it.
There are some shining examples already, including Burple (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=100) and The Dogfather (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=483) not that i'm suggesting you should make yours like his :eek:

I'd also appreciate some feedback on the new lay out, especially if there are areas that don't "see" very well, i've tried to look at every forum page and scenario, but, may have missed one :)

Mini Ecosse
29th May 2008, 11:44 AM
When are you going to arrange lessons for this?
Will they be group or are you going round individuals?
Looking forward to your visit in Oban:D:D:hand:

Stephen

The Dogfather
29th May 2008, 11:57 AM
First time I've ever been considered to be a shining example of something good. I thought I try out a colour scheme which will soon be used on my new forum.

Burple
29th May 2008, 01:27 PM
There are some shining examples already, including Burple (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=100)

:o:thumbs up:;bigwave::D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gismo
29th May 2008, 01:36 PM
:o:thumbs up:;bigwave::D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::Whistle: