PDA

View Full Version : Had a thought! Is it possible?

rocker4500
13th May 2008, 10:36 PM
OK, i had a thought! :eek:

Would it be possible to fit to a MINI Cooper, with the aero kit, a Cooper S exhaust - the twin center one - and then fit the Cooper S aero kit rear bumper to accomidate the center exhaust?

Is that possible? :confused:

EDIT: I should probably mention this would be an 05 plate model

Gary

Craig
13th May 2008, 10:59 PM
Yes you can fit a cooper s exhaust

Yes you can fit a cooper s Aero kit rear bumper.

Just go ahead and do it.. :thumbs up:

rocker4500
13th May 2008, 11:23 PM
Woo sounds like a plan to me! :thumbs up:

I'll get on the case! Cheers for that!

I take it that the Cooper S exhaust is just the same fitting as the cooper one, exept from the twin center pipe!

Where abouts would i get the cooper s exhaust from?

Gary

The Dogfather
14th May 2008, 01:30 AM

I take it that the Cooper S exhaust is just the same fitting as the cooper one, exept from the twin center pipe!

Gary

You need to have the exhaust modified as the brackets are different. Stick an advert in the wanted section on here as often people have one left over when they have a works kit fitted.

BTW, my old Cooper had an S exhaust.

Neil and Lorna
14th May 2008, 10:40 AM

Gary

Me

I have one in my shed.
Yours for much cheapness.
If your interested send me a PM.
Found the original for sale thread. http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13134

Neil.:thumbs up:

Burple
14th May 2008, 11:17 AM
You'd also be better to get a reputable Exhaust place to mod it into a 'One Ball' system (fnar!) where they take off one of the boxes, and relocate the pipes. Saves youa lot of weight, and gives you a abetter noise ;)
You had that done didn't you Paul?
If you do a search on Mini2, I'm sure there'll be more info :thumbs up:

Ooh, One more thing. You WON'T be able to fit a standard S exhaust if you have the space saver spare wheel! It's mounted where the Nearside silencer box would go..

Big Gordy
14th May 2008, 11:31 AM
Could you spec a space saver in the cooper:confused:

The Dogfather
14th May 2008, 12:01 PM
You'd also be better to get a reputable Exhaust place to mod it into a 'One Ball' system (fnar!) where they take off one of the boxes, and relocate the pipes. Saves youa lot of weight, and gives you a abetter noise ;)

Ooh, One more thing. You WON'T be able to fit a standard S exhaust if you have the space saver spare wheel! It's mounted where the Nearside silencer box would go..

Yes, my MINI had the one ball mod and it did sound a wee bit louder.

rocker4500
14th May 2008, 12:04 PM

Hmmm sounds interesting! Where abouts could i get this done? Im from perth! And any idea on the price?

Also where would i get the brackets modified?

Cheers
Gary

The Dogfather
14th May 2008, 12:11 PM
Hmmm sounds interesting! Where abouts could i get this done? Im from perth! And any idea on the price?

Also where would i get the brackets modified?

Cheers
Gary

Turriff Tyres did mine, they're a powerflow garage it only cost me £60.

rocker4500
14th May 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeha thats not bad, where abouts are they?

Burple
14th May 2008, 12:51 PM
Could you spec a space saver in the cooper:confused:

Yes? duh... :p I had one in my PW Cooper, also have one in the One.. :p:p:p:D:moonie:

Big Gordy
14th May 2008, 12:55 PM
I also have one in my ONE...:moonie::moonie::moonie::p:smilewinkgrin:

rocker4500
14th May 2008, 11:56 PM
Done a search, found it was in aberdeen ha! So where abouts can i get the brackets modified? Or would an garage do this when fitting the exhaust?

vintageb3
15th May 2008, 08:09 AM
I have a S exhaust..I'm in Fife...if that helps....

mark

The Dogfather
15th May 2008, 08:53 AM
Done a search, found it was in aberdeen ha! So where abouts can i get the brackets modified? Or would an garage do this when fitting the exhaust?

Any garage that'll fit a custom exhaust will do the brackets as well.

rocker4500
15th May 2008, 11:01 AM
Phoned up a few garages around Perth, none seem to be up for fitting custome exhausts! Any idea who would do it around the Perth Dundee area?

Burple
15th May 2008, 11:41 AM
Phoned up a few garages around Perth, none seem to be up for fitting custome exhausts! Any idea who would do it around the Perth Dundee area?

Have you tried Powerflow Exhausts? (http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/dealerlist.cfm?dlr_location=7)

Not one too near Perth tho... :confused:

gauldrymini
15th May 2008, 12:24 PM
As Burple says there is RJM Performance-Powerflow (Glenrothes i think) and StarPerformance (Dysart i think).

RJM were quoting £300-400 for a custom exhaust for my R56 Cooper and StarPerformance £500 for a Milltek, both fitted prices...

Andrew

rocker4500
15th May 2008, 01:14 PM
I just phoned RJM in Glenrothes, asked how much it would be to modify the brackets and fit a the cooper s exhaust, however they said they didnt know!!! Would have to take the car and exhaust in to get a quote.

EDIT:
Phoned up a few places, it seems they are not sure what is involved and need to see it to give me a quote!

james@
15th May 2008, 03:39 PM
For cost and hassle you better of getting a Milletck or quickesliver cooper S system. (please dont start me on powerflow or oneballing as they usually end in f**Ked lamba and o2 sensors)

Ive seen two so far one we tried on bens cooper s to see what difference it made and another i saw blow was on a mates cooper s. We are now running a Millteck on bens for evaluation (Millteck and quicksilver are one of the few for the mini that calculate the proper back pressure needed so you dont lose power or at the worst damage the engine):thumbs up: