PDA

View Full Version : Manufactures becoming part of the forums community

Scottie
13th May 2008, 10:36 AM
I'm a keen caravanner as some of you know. So obviously I'm a member of a caravan forum.

I have to say how refreshing it is to see manufactures on these sites making a valid contribution.

I'm talking the Swift Group and Bailey major players in the caravan world.

You post up a fault with your van and they on the ball replying telling you what to do and making ever effort to get the problem sorted out whether it's under warranty or not.

They listen to their customers to what they want to see in new vans and then they bring the new designs in to play for new vans.

So I got to wondering why don't Mini and other manufactures do the same surely it would be to their benefit.

Ok I know they are many more cars sold than caravans. However if caravan manufactures can see the benefits of engaging the forum community is it not about time the car manufactures done the same.?

Gismo
13th May 2008, 10:44 AM
Isn't it the fact though that because there are a lot less vans it's easier to listen to the owners and implement change etc.
I doubt any car manufacturer would willingly acknowledge that there was a fault with their product or that the owners could advise improvements

The Dogfather
13th May 2008, 10:59 AM
I can just see it,

Dear Mr. Swift Manufacturer

I have a problem with my current van and I was wondering if you could help. I recently visited the Lake District and whilst we were there we held up a 3 mile queue of traffic. I drive unbelievably slow through bends and in the middle of the road on straights. However, there's a stretch of dual carriageway between Ambleside and Keswick and despite my best efforts some cars in the queue have been able to overtake. Is there anything more I can do to prevent people from overtaking me?

Regards

Payne Inarsse

:moonie: :shut up: :argh: :popcorn: :ragin:

Scottie
13th May 2008, 11:03 AM
Perhaps. The forum I'm a member of has 6,000 members while not the size of
mini2.com it is still a large forum where alot of the keen caravanners gather.

Mini could have done the same with Mini2 and with the resources available to Mini.!!

My point is though if major players in caravan manufacturing industry can see the benefits and potential of engaging with their customers through a caravan forum then why can't others.

It will have the exact same impact on their business and let me tell you the last thing a caravan manufacturer want's to own up to is having damp in their 2007 van which is far worse than a diesel sounding engine. However when it happens they are right on the case.

Anyhow I just say well done to these companies for taking the plunge.

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2008, 11:20 AM
Fi, both you and Bonnie Scotland are spot on.

Caravan manufacturers very survival relies upon high quality workmanship, customer feedback and communication. This is pretty clear whenever you are dealing with them.

Car manufacturers simply don't give a rats arse if the engines are falling apart in their new vehicle. Alan said that manufacturers would be unwilling to acknowledge that owners could advise improvements to their product, and he's spot on with that. But are we not the absolute best ones in the whole "vehicle" of vehicle ownership to give that advice.:argh:

A.

Burple
13th May 2008, 11:24 AM
I can just see it,
I have a problem with my current van and I was wondering if you could help. I recently visited the Lake District and whilst we were there we held up a 3 mile queue of traffic. I drive unbelievably slow through bends and in the middle of the road on straights. However, there's a stretch of dual carriageway between Ambleside and Keswick and despite my best efforts some cars in the queue have been able to overtake. Is there anything more I can do to prevent people from overtaking me?
Regards
Payne Inarsse

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs up:

Scottie
13th May 2008, 11:26 AM
I can just see it,

Regards

Payne Inarsse

:moonie: :shut up: :argh: :popcorn: :ragin:

I can't defend that one:yawn: :yawn:

Fi, both you and Bonnie Scotland are spot on.

Caravan manufacturers very survival relies upon high quality workmanship, customer feedback and communication. This is pretty clear whenever you are dealing with them.

Car manufacturers simply don't give a rats arse if the engines are falling apart in their new vehicle. Alan said that manufacturers would be unwilling to acknowledge that owners could advise improvements to their product, and he's spot on with that. But are we not the absolute best ones in the whole "vehicle" of vehicle ownership to give that advice.:argh:

A.

Perhaps as the times change car manufacturers attitudes will change :eyes up:

A lot of the S owners are having huge problems getting Mini to recognise problems with their cars

any such problems with caravans re damp etc would be the nail in the coffin for that model of van simple as that. So these companies have obviously made a business decision to get involved with the owners. It is about time Mini did the same.

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2008, 11:39 AM
I can't defend that one:yawn: :yawn:

Perhaps as the times change car manufacturers attitudes will change :eyes up:

A lot of the S owners are having huge problems getting Mini to recognise problems with their cars

any such problems with caravans re damp etc would be the nail in the coffin for that model of van simple as that. So these companies have obviously made a business decision to get involved with the owners. It is about time Mini did the same.

Yeah. What she said. /\/\/\/\/\:thumbs up:

A.

Big Gordy
13th May 2008, 12:08 PM
Car manufacturers are never going to listen:shut up: We all quite happily pay wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy over the odds for our chosen type of vehicle here in the UK :argh: Only way they would take notice is if we ALL completely stopped buying new cars:ragin: (I'm not having a go at you specifically Fi:smilewinkgrin: ) and ran the one we have for 10 years therefor creating a void for new cars. They then might realise they've cut off the hand that feeds them bu charging over the top prices for so long:frown:

zimbo
13th May 2008, 06:24 PM
You would see money grow on trees before this happens.... :hand:

Scottie
28th May 2008, 12:30 PM
well we better start looking for those trees.

BMW NA (North America) customer relations ~ have just today joined the international forum community of BMW's. Now that's says a lot for BMW IMHO one of the prestige brands and in America are willing to take part in a forum. It's about time these guys stood up and said hey look we are here and listening and we are not afraid.