PDA

View Full Version : Who will change run flats to non run flats?

jack d
8th May 2008, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I'm wanting to change my runflats to normal tyres on my r53 MCS. I have asked a couple of tyre places and they have declined to do it. Anybody know who will carry out the work?

Cheers

ianking
8th May 2008, 11:11 AM
I used a place in Galashiels called Ostles tyres. They are very good and careful with your alloys.

AeroJonny
8th May 2008, 11:23 AM
it'd be easier if you told us where you are mate ;)

jack d
8th May 2008, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah sorry, im in Aberdeen!

ianking
8th May 2008, 01:16 PM
Galashiels isnt much use to you then.

The Dogfather
8th May 2008, 02:06 PM
Galashiels isnt much use to you then.

Unless he fancies a day out. Turriff Tyres might swap them, they used to.

Aberdeen Al
8th May 2008, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah sorry, im in Aberdeen!

Try Kenway Tyres on Virginia Street - they changed mine no problem :D

choc
9th May 2008, 08:21 AM
my mate owns mciness tyres in dyce if any good 2 u

james@
10th May 2008, 09:16 PM
dont take any crap from fitters about this, for one the cooper s was set up on non run flats at the ring on 16' and 17's, it was only after they found there was no space for a spare due to the twin back box they opted for runflats.

Also dont believe any nonsense about run flat only rims - they used to exist at first (never on the MINI i should add) but the minis rims are normal in that respect, its annoying that fitters wont as its work they are losing :eyes up: go in armed with the facts and cash :thumbs up:

Jack678
12th May 2008, 04:09 PM
Turriff tyres will definetly do it for you, am havin Toyo Proxes fitted this saturday! getin rid of the runflats! best for price aswel! :D

Big Gordy
12th May 2008, 04:13 PM
The only issue they may have is that there tyre removal machine is not man enough to take the stiffer side walled run flats off...:eek: and if thats the case steer clear as they are therefor not investing in the latest technology in tyre removing machines:ragin:

Livi
12th May 2008, 05:51 PM
dont take any crap from fitters about this, for one the cooper s was set up on non run flats at the ring on 16' and 17's, it was only after they found there was no space for a spare due to the twin back box they opted for runflats.

Also dont believe any nonsense about run flat only rims - they used to exist at first (never on the MINI i should add) but the minis rims are normal in that respect, its annoying that fitters wont as its work they are losing :eyes up: go in armed with the facts and cash :thumbs up:

Have to agree with James, If its something you want that they are able to do, they should do it for you but no excuses! get them telt! :smilewinkgrin:

james@
12th May 2008, 06:13 PM
The only issue they may have is that there tyre removal machine is not man enough to take the stiffer side walled run flats off...:eek: and if thats the case steer clear as they are therefor not investing in the latest technology in tyre removing machines:ragin:

most places these days have the tech as fitting machines dont cost the earth (3.5K ish is what i was quoted when i looked into it for my start up costs) ive also seen my old runlflats taken off on some very old looking bits of kit but buy a very skilled fitter

jack d
13th May 2008, 08:35 AM
Well I have just spoken to Kenway tyres and they definately won't do it!

looks like a phone call to Turiff Tyres then.....

Many thanks for all your help.

Livi
13th May 2008, 05:06 PM
Jack, i have spoken to the Tayside Tyre's (Kenway group) who deal with aberdeen alot and im going to call him back in the morning to remember him to call up and he is going to have a word with them to get it done for you if you still wish? :thumbs up:

jack d
14th May 2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your help but I got in touch with Turiff tyres who were really helpfull and they have ordered tyres for me and are going to fit them:thumbs up:

I am gladly giveing them my business as they were so helpfull.

Cheers

The Dogfather
14th May 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your help but I got in touch with Turiff tyres who were really helpfull and they have ordered tyres for me and are going to fit them:thumbs up:

I am gladly giveing them my business as they were so helpfull.

Cheers

Turriff Tyres are spot on, nice journey out from Aberdeen as well.

Jack678
14th May 2008, 10:14 PM
hi,Turriff tyres are superb! what day you going out? will have to keep an eye out for you. my minis going in on Saturday morning?

jack d
26th May 2008, 08:30 AM
Hi all,

Got the runflats changed to normal tyres and what a difference! It's like a different car. The ride is so much better and there is way more grip!

I'm really chuffed I did this, also go great service and price from Turiif Tyres.

I would reccomend getting this done to everybody!