PDA

View Full Version : New camera

N12 JLK
7th May 2008, 08:15 PM
We lost out camera a couple of weeks ago and need to buy another.

Can anyone recommend one?

Looking to spend £100-150 and an easy to use good quality digital camera.

Any help appreciated.

Scottie
7th May 2008, 08:21 PM
I can sell you my camera that I found it's a cannon G6 something or other.

N12 JLK
7th May 2008, 08:25 PM
Let me know the info and how much you want Fi. You might have a wee sale for Friday night!

Scottie
7th May 2008, 10:14 PM
well I have the camera, camera bag, mains charger and a memory card and the cable to download to computer.

The manual is lost but can be download free from the internet I downloaded one just recently when I found the camera again.

Jason I kid you not this camera has been used twice and that was back in 2005 not been used since until two weeks ago and it works perfect.

I can bring it along Friday night for you to view.

Honestly not sure but was hoping for a wee bit more than £150 not much but a bit more. I paid just over the £400 for camera so with bag memory card etc etc would be a good camera at a good price.

Let me know if you want me to bring it along.

Craig
7th May 2008, 10:36 PM
Jason/Lesley,

bought a load of These (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134557) for work and they work great. and a bargain price.

good point and shoot for very little money and easy to use.

:thumbs up:

N12 JLK
9th May 2008, 03:46 PM
Very reasonable Craig, however, someone in work told me to stay away from Kodak.

Fiona, thanks for the offer, but was looking around the shops yesterday and I think I am going to get a wee tiny one with the big LCD on the back. They look good. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

Ta, lesley

Scottie
9th May 2008, 03:56 PM
Fiona, thanks for the offer, but was looking around the shops yesterday and I think I am going to get a wee tiny one with the big LCD on the back. They look good. Any more suggestions would be welcome.

Ta, lesley

no probs:thumbs up: my screen swivels:cool:

AeroJonny
9th May 2008, 04:01 PM
i've got a sony cybershot t70 (i think) It's touchscreen on the back, which is pretty nifty, all in all a good camera :)

Craig
9th May 2008, 04:59 PM
Very reasonable Craig, however, someone in work told me to stay away from Kodak.

Ta, lesley

:confused: :confused: :confused:

can I ask why ? I have about 30 cameras scattered about at work and not had a single issue with them.... was it a fault with them ?

N12 JLK
9th May 2008, 06:01 PM
so someone from work says and thats that, wimmin;)

N12 JLK
9th May 2008, 10:46 PM
They said the picture quality was poor, Kodak and Fuji. It wouldnt pick up individual newtons or atoms on the person.

N12 JLK
11th May 2008, 04:11 PM
Craig, just checked that out and it does look like a very good camera at a very reasonable price.

Was going to buy a Kodak today but all sold out.

think I will probably take a trip to Jessops for some advice.

SimonS
11th May 2008, 05:50 PM
Well that's a new one! I've never before seen the words 'Jessops' and 'advice' in the same sentence without the words 'poor' or 'bad'. ;) :confused: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
11th May 2008, 05:55 PM
Well that's a new one! I've never before seen the words 'Jessops' and 'advice' in the same sentence without the words 'poor' or 'bad'. ;) :confused: ;)

Usually preceded with f*****g or b******s too.

A.:D

zimbo
11th May 2008, 09:43 PM
They said the picture quality was poor, Kodak and Fuji. It wouldnt pick up individual newtons or atoms on the person.

Well I have two Fuji cameras and they are pretty damn good as far as i am concerned :D

Scottie
11th May 2008, 10:11 PM
Craig, just checked that out and it does look like a very good camera at a very reasonable price.

Was going to buy a Kodak today but all sold out.

think I will probably take a trip to Jessops for some advice.

Jason/Lesley,

Go to Jessops in Stirling and ask to speak Ian Spowart he is a friend of Allans and he is very good. He's worked with cameras all his life and a very good photographer.:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

euan
14th May 2008, 05:37 PM
We had a Fuji for a while until we broke it, but it took great pics.

Have a look at the Panasonic TZ3, the new model is just out so this has dropped in price - small and has a huge (optical) zoom on it too! Can pick them up for under 150 now which is a bargain.

We bought a Panasonic (FZ18) and it takes great shots, and my old man was so impressed with it he bought the TZ5, which is the TZ3 replacement. He went away from Canon Ixus as the Panasonics have much better zooms on them, and they are cheaper.

MrMischief
14th May 2008, 08:21 PM
I can't comment on Kodak, but I've got two Fuji's. My own is a S602Z Pro that I bought years ago when they first came out for £799 :eyes up: It's aged a little now compared to newer DSLR's (which it's not - quite) but still takes decent pics. The other is a Fuji F47FD that I bought the missus, think it was £300-odd but probably pick them up for less now. Check it out as it's a great compact camera.

Steve

PS Jessops :frown:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
14th May 2008, 11:01 PM
We lost out camera a couple of weeks ago and need to buy another.

Can anyone recommend one?

Looking to spend £100-150 and an easy to use good quality digital camera.

Any help appreciated.

Have a look here, you can see the quality of the shots taken with every camera...

http://www.pbase.com/cameras

I would stick with a well known make, Fuji - some great bargains on them at the moment... Nikon, Canon etc... And remember the Megapixel count isn't the most important thing... :-)

Photography is my hobby, you can see my stuff here.. www.pbase.com/saltire

Jim...

euan
15th May 2008, 06:37 AM
Oh, and you'll find tons of reviews at www.dpreview.com (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/www.dpreview.com)

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2008, 08:16 AM
Photography is my hobby, you can see my stuff here.. www.pbase.com/saltire

Jim...

Some cracking photo's there Jim.:thumbs up:

A.:D

N12 JLK
15th May 2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will let you know how we get on.

Lesley