View Full Version : Police speed trap

monkimagic
6th May 2008, 11:52 PM
Surely this is not aloud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OYseCC4dwY

dont they need to be visible?

Big Col
7th May 2008, 07:07 AM
I always thought that the PR spin on speed cameras is that they're "Safety cameras", the point of which was to deterr motorists from speeding and not to hide and then catch them for it? Hence they had to be clearly visible.

AndyP & Lenore
7th May 2008, 07:32 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't actually see a camera in that horse box.:confused: I suspect this is just scaremongering.

I seem to remember the law changed a couple of years ago which forced all police forces in the UK to put reflective graphics all over the van the camera is in to make it clear this was a speed camera van. And if they didn't do that the convictions for speeding detected from that van were unsafe.

A.

The Dogfather
7th May 2008, 07:54 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I can't actually see a camera in that horse box.:confused: I suspect this is just scaremongering.

A.

I agree with Andy scaremongering, might have even been a PR stunt by the police. I would have thought that motorbikes would have been OK as they don't have a front plate anyway. Come to think of it there's a few round here who don't have a rear plate, apart from ones with writing so small its the same sized font used in legal documents T&Cs.

illegalhunter
7th May 2008, 09:39 AM
Its all about money not safety

N12 JLK
7th May 2008, 10:19 AM
sods:ragin: :ragin:

Burple
7th May 2008, 03:01 PM
Ah well.. at least they're got the right vehicle now for the Horse's @rses that normally sit in the cars eh? :thumbs up::D:moonie:

stoney
7th May 2008, 05:25 PM

I seem to remember the law changed a couple of years ago which forced all police forces in the UK to put reflective graphics all over the van the camera is in to make it clear this was a speed camera van. And if they didn't do that the convictions for speeding detected from that van were unsafe.

A.

if thats the case there is one at abington on th m74 sometimes wich is just a red van but puts 2 camrers on the bridge

i also think if they have one of thes http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/speedcam.jpg on the road then it is legal i think :confused:

zimbo
7th May 2008, 06:50 PM
ARSEHOLES... Safety cameras my eye!!! just after more money from us poor public.:ragin: