PDA

View Full Version : coolant problem?

mgemie
13th March 2004, 09:25 AM
I was having a general once-over my engine bay a few days ago when fitting my induction kit, something I noticed though - my radiator coolant seems to be disappearing fast... I've had my MINI ONE since Jan 25th 04 and am still under the 2,000-mile run-in mark. The level of coolant is sitting about 10mm off the MIN mark and knowing how long this coolant should last I’m a bit worried....

Anyone noticed they MINI being coolant hungry before? Or should I stop off at my dealer sometime and have them check the car over?? Any ideas?

KenL
13th March 2004, 10:19 PM
Mine did this too after a few thousand miles. Think there my have been an air bubble or something that came out. Dropped about an inch and never moved since - now at 21k miles.

Keep an eye on it of course an always check it when the engine is cold as it may go up and down a bit due to expansion from hot to cold.

RS
14th March 2004, 08:31 PM
Mine did exactly the same thing after about 10K miles. I spoke with the dealer at the time, who advised that it would only be a problem if it continued to drop. With regard to topping it up, the dealer said to use water without any anti-freeze.