PDA

View Full Version : number plates

Scottie
29th April 2008, 10:50 PM
got my own number on my mini now . I put my pressed plates on but they are not sticking so good in the frames to much of a bend for them to hold.

So going to get new normal plates made tomorrow.

Normally Allan does this kinda thing but I'm going to do it this time.

So are both front and rear stick on or do I need to drill a whole in them.??

sedgie
29th April 2008, 10:58 PM
mine didnae stick so yep done the holes in them:o

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 11:36 PM
We always stick them on Fi. Hate the look of the screw covers. They never match the colour behind and sometimes it goes across the line of a letter/number so you need a half yellow/white and half black one. Cannae get them.:frown:

We've tried the Halfords number plate sticky pads made by Signam. Don't work. We kept losing our front numberplate.:ragin:

We now use a roll of double sided sticky tape from B & Q. It's padded and it sticks like dry sh!t to a blanket. Can't remember the name of it and I don't have any left - sorry.:blush:

A.;)

AeroJonny
30th April 2008, 12:28 AM
I use double sided tape for my rear plate for my rear plate and velcro tape for the front so that it's an easy swap with my show plate ;)

the plates on the S are screwed on...not a huge fan of the look

ianking
30th April 2008, 08:26 AM
You can drill the front if you really want to as it mounts on to a plastic frame but it is better and easier with plenty double sided reg plate tape.
I think you are better using tape for the rear unless you can get thre holes dead spot on with the platic hole mounts in the tail gate.
If you are at Knockhill tonight I can put them on for you.
Let me know if you need tape as I can nip home for some.

Scottie
30th April 2008, 08:40 AM
I'm going to go to B&Q and buy some of the tape Andyp got. My thinking is it may be strong enough to hold my pressed plates on with surround in place if not then I'll buy normal plates. It's just the halfrauds stuff I'm using the now.

N12 JLK
30th April 2008, 09:58 PM
I got tape from the bloke who made the reg plate. When Carlo replaced our stripes they took the reg plate off, put on again and the front plate promptly fell off. Went and bought another reg plate. £15 lighter, went into work on the Monday to be told " your reg plate is down in the garage." ARRGGHHHHH

Anyway, the bloke who made the reg plate had the best tape.

Livi
6th May 2008, 10:54 AM
If your looking at puting them down with tape, we use a product called Wurth and this is some serious sticky $*!^ :smilewinkgrin: