PDA

View Full Version : Do mini cooper s's come with alarms?

liam.smart
29th April 2008, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Finally saved up enough cash to buy a used cooper s (think it will be a 03/04 one going by prices this weekend).

Anyways, went and seen a few over the weekend traveling accross scotland. I have been saving for some time now so trying to not let my heart decide and instead use my head... its proving difficult but I just need to wait until i see one that I know is the right one.

Anyways here's my questions whilst I wait on the perfect mini appearing on autotrader:

1. Do the cooper s's come with alarms? I want the chilli pack even though im not sure what that means apart from the 17" multi-spoke wheels. They are the wheels I love. I am right in thinking they are part of the chilli pack yeah?

2. Does this model always have A/C? I def need A/C.

3. If I did come accross a mini but it didnt have the wheels that I like, can I buy them from dealer and roughly how much? I probably being so lazy because I live 2 mins up the rd from Dundee mini dealer.

Hope I havent rambled on too much..... but its still a lot of money for a used car so need to be certain of a few things!

Thanks,
Liam

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 11:30 PM
Hi Liam,

You're spot-on using your head, not your heart when you're on a budget.:thumbs up:

Let me see if I can answer correctly...

1. Cooper S's will come with a Thatcham Cat Alarm and Immobiliser. Just not sure which Catagory the system is in. Cat 3 rings a bell, but I could be wrong. The Chilli pack on an S gets you a few upgrades, manual air conditioning being one of them. It also gets you 17" S Spokes. Not the Multispokes, but still nice wheels.

2. Manual Air Con with the Chilli pack, like I said above.

3. If you didn't get a car with the wheels you wanted, your local MINI dealer
will happily sell you a set of whatever wheels you wish.

Hope that helps.

AndyP:D

john
30th April 2008, 08:29 AM
All minis come with CAT2 Immobiliser but Not an alarm, this is extra or as part of a pack.
GP mini does not even have it as an extra.

liam.smart
30th April 2008, 07:54 PM
Cheers for reply,

The first mini I went to see through near Dunfermline had a factory fitted alarm so I asumed they all have them. Dissapointed of the truth but glad atleast I know now if that makes sense...

When I say multi-spoke I actually mean these wheels:

http://www.minicherished.co.uk/miniuk/mini_cherished2007/cardetails/0,,___,00.html?ch=_V01XUkUzMjBYMFRDODczNjc=

I keep checking autotrader daily now but still no luck. I shall be buying all the papers again this weekend. A lot of mini's do have a good few miles on them which is understandable as you want to drive these cars if you own one, so should I really be put off if say one had 55k on the clock? At 4 years old it is around average I suppose.

Liam

The Dogfather
30th April 2008, 08:50 PM
I believe the old supercharged engine is very strong so don't let the mileage put you off. My only concern rests with the gearbox, I know older Coopers (5spd) had problems. I don't know how good the 6spd S box is though.

Those wheels are the S spokes mentioned by Andy.

Gismo
30th April 2008, 08:57 PM
Try JC's for a cherished MINI, they will be able to check the entire network for cars that match your specification :thumbs up:

KenL
30th April 2008, 09:36 PM
All minis come with CAT2 Immobiliser but Not an alarm, this is extra or as part of a pack.
GP mini does not even have it as an extra.

I was "sure" the R53 S can with an alarm as standard in the UK :confused:

AndyP & Lenore
30th April 2008, 10:44 PM
I was "sure" the R53 S can with an alarm as standard in the UK :confused:

So was I but it may have been part of the Chilli upgrade.:confused:

Livi
2nd May 2008, 04:34 PM
Liam,

here is the spec of the car in the link, if there is cars you see that your not sure of, give is a shout and ill be able to tell you what the spec is like :thumbs up:

VEHICLE SPECIFICATION ENQUIRY Page C

Reg No : HK04XVA Chassis No : TC87367
Reg Date 25/05/2004 Engine No. D836S085 Build Date May 2004 (Wk20)
Model : RE32 MINI CooperS Current Dealer 16286 Barons (H)
Colour : 851 Chili Red Selling Dealer 16286 Barons (H)
Upholstery : S9PN Cl/Lea SATELLITE-Black
Extras :
(*=AG extra)

382 Roof&Mirror Caps in White
502 Headlight Power Wash
657 Radio BOOST
1CA * CoP Relative
214 * ASC + T
255 * 3 Spoke Spts Lea St Wheel
369 * 17" S-Spoke Alloy Wheels
423 * Velour Floor Mats
441 * Smoker Package