PDA

View Full Version : Photo hosting.

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2008, 11:20 PM
At the past two Knockhill meets I've taken a whole bunch of photo's. Each time I sift through the 3 or 4 hundred of them chucking the out of focus, poorly composed ones into the trash.

That still leaves me with just under a hundred photo's.

I've got my own web site for (shock-horror) another hobby I have. So I use the web space on that site to host my photo's and I make up my own web pages to show them.

However, it's a bit time consuming.

Does anyone know of a decent hosting site that I can upload my photo's to, that other folk can view them on in a similar way to what I'm doing myself at the moment.

Don't mention Photobucket as I hate the thing. Impossibly slow and one of the most un-user-friendly web sites I've ever come across.

A.:D

Sheilz
28th April 2008, 11:37 PM
Only ones I use are ones generally used by enthusiasts and pros rather than for just storage. I've heard about flicker but never tried it myself. Would that be worth a try?

Scottie
28th April 2008, 11:50 PM
I use webshots and the other one you mentioned pb

Mini Ecosse
29th April 2008, 08:06 AM
I use flicker, it's part of the btinternet package I have. It is also slow to do things with and does not appear to be as straight forward to use as their original software for uploading photos.
You can certainly add the email address's of who you would like to view your photos, not sure how it would work if access to only NMS is possible or if the whole of www could view photos and if they would then have access to all your albums.
Hope you are not as confused as I am after reading this!
Stephen

Burple
29th April 2008, 10:22 AM
Andy.. I normally use ImageShack.. It can be a bit slow, cos it's a US site, but they now have the option to do multi uploads at the same time.. then all you have to do is copy and paste the URLs here... :cool::thumbs up:

stoney
29th April 2008, 04:24 PM
PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET

(runs for cover)
:laugh: :popcorn:

but back to the point :D i know you said not photo bucket but they have updated it now and can up load whole folders at one its not bad :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 05:08 PM
PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOBUCKET

(runs for cover)
:laugh: :popcorn:

but back to the point :D i know you said not photo bucket but they have updated it now and can up load whole folders at one its not bad :smilewinkgrin:

I'll maybe have a wee looky at Photobucket again then. Didn't realise they had changed it.

Cheers Rob.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 05:09 PM
Andy.. I normally use ImageShack.. It can be a bit slow, cos it's a US site, but they now have the option to do multi uploads at the same time.. then all you have to do is copy and paste the URLs here... :cool::thumbs up:

Don't really wanna paste the URL's here though Burple. Maybe a handful at a time. But I don't think Alan would be keen on my sticking 88 photo's from (K)nockhill in a pics thread. Would be interesting to do it, just to see what happens though eh? lol:laugh:

Craig
29th April 2008, 05:09 PM
for what it's worth I used to upload all my photos to my own website but find photobucket much easier to use and upload. takes much less time.. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 05:10 PM
I use flicker, it's part of the btinternet package I have. It is also slow to do things with and does not appear to be as straight forward to use as their original software for uploading photos.
You can certainly add the email address's of who you would like to view your photos, not sure how it would work if access to only NMS is possible or if the whole of www could view photos and if they would then have access to all your albums.
Hope you are not as confused as I am after reading this!
Stephen

Gonna have a look at photobucket again Stephen. Will let you know how I get on.

A.:thumbs up:

AeroJonny
29th April 2008, 05:14 PM
At the past two Knockhill meets I've taken a whole bunch of photo's. Each time I sift through the 3 or 4 hundred of them chucking the out of focus, poorly composed ones into the trash.

That still leaves me with just under a hundred photo's.

I've got my own web site for (shock-horror) another hobby I have. So I use the web space on that site to host my photo's and I make up my own web pages to show them.

However, it's a bit time consuming.

Does anyone know of a decent hosting site that I can upload my photo's to, that other folk can view them on in a similar way to what I'm doing myself at the moment.

Don't mention Photobucket as I hate the thing. Impossibly slow and one of the most un-user-friendly web sites I've ever come across.

Webshots have been really good for me, plus you can specify the size of the images that will appear in forums mr mod ;)

Flickr gets a good name too and is very popular with people i know in america.

The Bull
29th April 2008, 06:12 PM
^^

Photobucket has improved a lot for batch processing. A LOT faster.

Scottie
29th April 2008, 06:59 PM
thinking about it are you using windows or Mac.??

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 07:02 PM
Windaes Fi.

Just had a look at photobucket and it seems to have evolved somewhat.

So, will have a go at uploading and setting up a slideshow or a grid show thing after tomorrow night.

A.;)

Scottie
29th April 2008, 08:38 PM
Windaes Fi.

Just had a look at photobucket and it seems to have evolved somewhat.

So, will have a go at uploading and setting up a slideshow or a grid show thing after tomorrow night.

A.;)

if you find out how to share the grid view then let me know cause the bottom right link no worky for me.

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 08:59 PM
I think this works Fi.

Oxford trip 2007 in grid view on Photobucket (http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/mothership%202007/?albumview=grid)

Let me know.

A.

Scottie
29th April 2008, 09:01 PM
I think this works Fi.

Oxford trip 2007 in grid view on Photobucket (http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/mothership%202007/?albumview=grid)

Let me know.

A.

yes but if you click on the links buttom it takes you to all your photos and stuff do you really want that.

try mine can you see it? what happens when you click links top right??

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Mini%20Racing/?albumview=grid

Scottie
29th April 2008, 09:03 PM
I can see all your photos andy if I click on links
example of one in your other album

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/AndyPandLenore/manage_attachments_upload.jpg

me no like that

I was just wanting to be able to lock on the one grid view window.

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 09:15 PM
I can see all your photos andy if I click on links
example of one in your other album

me no like that

I was just wanting to be able to lock on the one grid view window.

I know what you mean Fi. I'm not keen on that either. Luckily, I keep all the pics of my and Lenore's bedroom antics on FlickR.:eek: :laugh:

But I do know what you mean. Anyone else here conversant with Photobucket? How do you limit folk to only viewing ONE album?:confused:

A.

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 09:15 PM
yes but if you click on the links buttom it takes you to all your photos and stuff do you really want that.

try mine can you see it? what happens when you click links top right??

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/Mini%20Racing/?albumview=grid

If I click that link I just get an "enter password" message.:confused:

Scottie
29th April 2008, 09:21 PM
If I click that link I just get an "enter password" message.:confused:

ok maybe because in my options menu I have my album set as private.

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 09:27 PM
ok maybe because in my options menu I have my album set as private.

So, if you give me the password to THAT album, does it let me into all your albums? Cos if not, that would be a way of only sharing ONE album. Right?:confused:

A.

Scottie
29th April 2008, 09:32 PM
So, if you give me the password to THAT album, does it let me into all your albums? Cos if not, that would be a way of only sharing ONE album. Right?:confused:

A.

nope just tried that I set up a guest password: NEWMINI

but still it lets you click on the other links

Scottie
29th April 2008, 09:34 PM
No actually that works just lets you see the one album:thumbs up: unless you click on my username.

Mini Ecosse
29th April 2008, 09:36 PM
I know what you mean Fi. I'm not keen on that either. Luckily, I keep all the pics of my and Lenore's bedroom antics on FlickR.:eek: :laugh:

But I do know what you mean. Anyone else here conversant with Photobucket? How do you limit folk to only viewing ONE album?:confused:

A.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier re viewing multiple albums.

Stephen
PS where is linky thing for your flickr account :eek: :D .

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 09:52 PM
This is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier re viewing multiple albums.

Stephen
PS where is linky thing for your flickr account :eek: :D .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2008, 09:56 PM
Fi, I put your password in to view that album and it let me view that album at first. But if I click your username it let me view all your albums. Do you have a different password, or no password on those other albums?

A.

Scottie
29th April 2008, 10:13 PM
Fi, I put your password in to view that album and it let me view that album at first. But if I click your username it let me view all your albums. Do you have a different password, or no password on those other albums?

A.

well i thought my other albums were private. :confused:

good job I went through them last night and deleted loads:laugh: