PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm back

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 01:49 PM
Tomorrow night I will saying goodbye to my beloved and fantastic MX5. I've loved every minute of owning the car but due to a change in circumstances a change to something more practical is required. Basically I'm faced with the double dog dilemma, you can't get two Border Collies into an MX5.

However, this will not in all likelihood be the only changed to our driveway (the Civic is on borrowed time as well!)

So what have I bought, a dog van :o

http://www.minicherished.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/resized2/NL57VSY_01_CVI_111207_20_FineGround_v551kyxccecbc2 yv1ac1bewlo_FGN_V01.jpg
http://www.minicherished.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/resized2/NL57VSY_03_CVI_111207_22.jpg

I'll post up some proper pictures of the new motor as soon as possible.

Perhaps I need a name change?

Gismo
28th April 2008, 01:54 PM
Well well well, good to see you back in a MINI :thumbs up:
Just let me know what name you want and i'll try my best to mess it up for you :D

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 01:56 PM
Well well well, good to see you back in a MINI :thumbs up:
Just let me know what name you want and i'll try my best to mess it up for you :D

Perhaps something like Pedigree Chump given the reason for the change. I'll see what other people suggest though first ;)

N12 JLK
28th April 2008, 02:21 PM
Well done, you know it makes sense:D

Burple
28th April 2008, 02:44 PM
Nice one Paul! Wilcommen, Bien Venue, Welcome, Come on in! :smilewinkgrin:
Nice looking van you got there... They're still growing on me...
Really don't want to get rid of the Purple beastie tho!! :hand:

Pedigree Chump.. heh.. Like it! :thumbs up:

"Double Dog Dilemma".. heh.. sounds like a night out in Glasgow to me ;);):D

AeroJonny
28th April 2008, 03:45 PM
Tomorrow night I will saying goodbye to my beloved and fantastic MX5. I've loved every minute of owning the car but due to a change in circumstances a change to something more practical is required. Basically I'm faced with the double dog dilemma, you can't get two Border Collies into an MX5.

However, this will not in all likelihood be the only changed to our driveway (the Civic is on borrowed time as well!)

So what have I bought, a dog van :o

http://www.minicherished.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/resized2/NL57VSY_01_CVI_111207_20_FineGround_v551kyxccecbc2 yv1ac1bewlo_FGN_V01.jpg
http://www.minicherished.co.uk/AUC/vehicle_images/resized2/NL57VSY_03_CVI_111207_22.jpg

I'll post up some proper pictures of the new motor as soon as possible.

Back to BDM??

Welcome back to mini driving, the S is luvverly and fast :D (not that i'd know ;))

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 03:49 PM
Back to BDM??

Welcome back to mini driving, the S is luvverly and fast :D (not that i'd know ;))

Bad Dog is an option, but fancy something new........ I still like VB but just doesn't fit anymore.

ianking
28th April 2008, 04:28 PM
good to see you have bought another mini, and one with a great colour combo. I love Pace alloy wheels.
Dont let the car fall into the manky club now....

Burple
28th April 2008, 04:33 PM
Actually.. thinking about it more... you should change your name to...

...."Double Dog Dilemma"!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::yes nod::laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
28th April 2008, 04:47 PM
Animal Carriers Ltd. ??:thumbs up:
Collie Clubman.??:thumbs up:

Nice MINI BTW, is that the one you were talking to me about a couple of months ago that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about?

A.:D

Craig
28th April 2008, 04:59 PM
Well Done Paul - at least you'll have a MINI now for all these runs you wanted to go on. :thumbs up:

I have to say, the car is growing on me, it's just the engine they need to sort out first.. :rolleyes: ;)

Crombers
28th April 2008, 05:57 PM
I have to say, the car is growing on me :rolleyes: ;)

Oh my lord :argh: :shut up:

Welcome back BDM/VB/DDD, it took a while but we kept the door open for you :thumbs up:

Colin
28th April 2008, 06:45 PM
Welcome back to MINI ownership. :thumbs up: Like the colour combo.

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 08:13 PM
good to see you have bought another mini, and one with a great colour combo. I love Pace alloy wheels.
Dont let the car fall into the manky club now....

I'm not that struck on the colour, we actually went down to see a normal S in sparkling silver and black (my favourite), but when the Clubman was only £500 more with the same spec it had to be the Clubman. Manky it'll be I'm afraid, no time to clean it....

Actually.. thinking about it more... you should change your name to...
...."Double Dog Dilemma"!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::yes nod::laugh:

God no, sounds like a night out in Blackpool :p :argh:

Nice MINI BTW, is that the one you were talking to me about a couple of months ago that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone about?
A.:D

Not quite that was a replacement for the Civic, through Jackie's work. At the moment she's looking at changing her job so we're holding off swapping the Honda for at least a couple of months.

I have to say, the car is growing on me, it's just the engine they need to sort out first.. :rolleyes: ;)

Hmmm, that did cross my mind :eyes up:

Duncan Stewart
28th April 2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome back to Mini ownership :D Great looking clubman :cool:

Gordons_cooper_wrks
28th April 2008, 08:57 PM
AAWWWWW wat did you do that for? I thought u had seen the light!!! lol :D :D :D

Nice car. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 09:27 PM
AAWWWWW wat did you do that for? I thought u had seen the light!!! lol :D :D :D

Nice car. :thumbs up:

Cheers, always intending getting back to MINI just a question of when.....

I'll miss the MX5 though great wee car, in fact this is the first time I'm not looking forward to picking the new car up. :frown:

Scottie
28th April 2008, 11:09 PM
Nice looking Clubman. :thumbs up: Shocked to read that you traded in the Mazda thought it would have been the Civic.

The Dogfather
29th April 2008, 08:43 AM
Nice looking Clubman. :thumbs up: Shocked to read that you traded in the Mazda thought it would have been the Civic.

The MX5 isn't practical, Jackie won't drive it so if she goes away with work I'm left without a car to take the dogs out in. I'm trying not to think about the MX5 going too much, is a real killer. The noise it makes with the Larini exhaust is amazing, I'm going to miss that so much :frown:

Craig
29th April 2008, 04:52 PM
The MX5 isn't practical, Jackie won't drive it so if she goes away with work I'm left without a car to take the dogs out in. I'm trying not to think about the MX5 going too much, is a real killer. The noise it makes with the Larini exhaust is amazing, I'm going to miss that so much :frown:

I have an exhaust that you could buy that would only need a slight mod to make it fit... ;)

Crombers
29th April 2008, 05:13 PM
I have an exhaust that you could buy that would only need a slight mod to make it fit... ;)

Nah, I'd just keep the thing cos you'll be back in a Clubman yerself before you know it :eyes up: :rolleyes:

weefossy
3rd May 2008, 10:52 PM
Enjoy PC / VB, we love ours. It performed really well at Knockhill on Wednesday. Can't wait for Works kit :yes nod:

The Dogfather
4th May 2008, 08:50 AM

Craig, I had a quick look and the Clubman exhaust is quite different from the Cooper S. It has two separate back boxes rather than the single twin exit.

The Dogfather
4th May 2008, 08:53 AM
Enjoy PC / VB, we love ours. It performed really well at Knockhill on Wednesday. Can't wait for Works kit :yes nod:

I have to say Malcolm I'm very impressed with both the handling and the power. It's not as balanced as the MX5 (obviously) but it can certainly hold on in the corners.

I think the weak spot is the tyres, they'll be changed for something a little more compliant soon enough.