PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres Help

garywatt
28th April 2008, 11:13 AM
Hi all

I've been pretty quiet over the past year or so :blush:

My Cooper S was in for a service on Friday and noted that my two fronts are getting a little bald. Anyone know the best place in Aberdeen for new tyres? Is Costco any good (next door to my work) Rough cost per tyre *holds breath*

I just have the standard 17" runflats.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Gary

Gismo
28th April 2008, 11:31 AM
For run flats i couldn't get a better price than John Clark's (Dundee)

The Dogfather
28th April 2008, 11:36 AM
I found that Costco were the cheapest for michellin but there a lot of cheaper good tyres around.

I always found Turriff Tyres to be very competitive

N12 JLK
28th April 2008, 12:53 PM
Asked Costco for a price last time I was in and they dont do runflats:mad:

garywatt
28th April 2008, 01:20 PM
Hi guys

Thanks for the comments so far.

Turriff a little too far............what's the name of the place in Dyce next to the now demolished Lawson's of Dyce? Had a quick look at the Kwik Fit website and the cheapest seem to be the Continentals. Currently have Dunlops.

Cheers

Gary

Sheilz
28th April 2008, 11:24 PM
Garage on Market St. Got mine for 116 each. They made a cracking job of it. not like Colion Smith in Dyce. I kept having to go back because they'd done something to the edge of the sidewall putting them on with equipment not properly equipped for the job (I'm sure that made sense to me).
Max price I've ever been quoted in Abz is 125. Dearest of course those thi*vi*g g*ts - JC.

rockwellcm
10th May 2008, 08:43 PM
For run flats i couldn't get a better price than John Clark's (Dundee)

They buy them from Tayside Tyres,try them for an even better price

james@
10th May 2008, 11:40 PM
if your getting runflats again i would strongly advise you to stick with the dunlops out of the runflats they are by far the best

Big Gordy
11th May 2008, 05:41 PM
I've got 2 second hand Dunlop runflats for sale if you fancy coming to Falkirk for them:smilewinkgrin: 6mm on each:thumbs up: