PDA

View Full Version : Aero kit...hate the rear!

mrstirs
26th April 2008, 10:31 PM
Evening all,

I'm tempted by the Aero kit, love the look of the front and the skirts...problem is I HATE the rear Aero bumper. I think it looks much worse than the standard S rear bumper.

Are there any alternatives that you would recommend? How do you think the car would look with front and side Aero kit but not the rear bumper?

Colin
26th April 2008, 10:47 PM
Depends on the look you are going for, the aero kit is one of the more subtle kits.

Zeemax do pretty cool :cool: kits have a look here (http://www.zeemax.com/BmwMini.htm). Might be a bit over the top??

Colin
26th April 2008, 10:49 PM
Here are some more bits n pieces at Lohen :thumbs up: (http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/products.asp?cat=91)

Scottie
26th April 2008, 11:28 PM
PPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeee eeeeeee.

Craig:Andy:BS:BG remove the link in CCM's post:ragin: :ragin: :ragin: :ragin:
:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:36 AM
PPPPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeee eeeeeee.

Craig:Andy:BS:BG remove the link in CCM's post:ragin: :ragin: :ragin: :ragin:
:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It does border on MINI abuse. Never seen a Zeemax kit that wouldn't also suit a 17 year olds Puggy 106.:frown:

A.:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:36 AM
Here are some more bits n pieces at Lohen :thumbs up: (http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/products.asp?cat=91)

A bit more subtle Colin.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:39 AM
Mrstirs, what is it that you don't like about it?

We've got aero kits on both our MINI's and we like the kit on both of them - front and rear.

Although I think we're in the minority when it comes to the rear of the R53's aero kit. Lots of folk are not keen on it.:eyes up:

mrstirs
27th April 2008, 12:47 AM
I don't like the big areas of silver mesh...yuk!

I'd prefer it if it was black like the front I reckon.

I was looking at the Lohen site earlier, I like the look of the rear bumper on the Orciari kit, but the front is too over the top.

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:52 AM
I don't like the big areas of silver mesh...yuk!

I'd prefer it if it was black like the front I reckon.

I was looking at the Lohen site earlier, I like the look of the rear bumper on the Orciari kit, but the front is too over the top.

I know what you mean. It doesn't bother us at all. Do you realise that it's just a graphic which can be removed? I've seen some folk do that who don't like it. You could then either paint it black, or I think I may have seen some of the after-market companies selling black plastic inserts to go in there. Not 100% sure of that, but a quick check on Minisport etc., web site may answer that question.

mrstirs
27th April 2008, 01:22 AM
I know what you mean. It doesn't bother us at all. Do you realise that it's just a graphic which can be removed? I've seen some folk do that who don't like it. You could then either paint it black, or I think I may have seen some of the after-market companies selling black plastic inserts to go in there. Not 100% sure of that, but a quick check on Minisport etc., web site may answer that question.

Didn't know that - interesting! Will have to look into it...cheers Andy.

Gismo
27th April 2008, 02:55 AM
It was a common mod in the early days to cut out the rear insert and to fit a mesh of their desired colour, no chance of the bumper rusting cause it's plastic.

However, each to their own, you might just like the look of a non rear aero kit :) i can't think of anyone else who has done it, so, you will be unique :thumbs up:

Crombers
27th April 2008, 08:08 AM
I think it looks the bo!!ocks personally (well i would, would'nt i) & as Mr :popcorn: says, it's just a sticker so just don't apply. May i also add that a Playmini fits a Cooper Aerokit perfecto :thumbs up: