PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

mrstirs
26th April 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

I've had my Cooper S Checkmate since December, been on the MINI2 forums since then - but just came across this site this morning. Look forward to getting to know some fellow local Mini owners!

Wee pic of my car...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3171/2442567999_9010b84ccc.jpg

Craig
26th April 2008, 04:56 PM
:welcome:

nice car and pic (although could you please resize your pic to 800 x 600 as that is the max we allow. Thanks) :thumbs up:

Be good to see you at a meet/run in the near future... :D

Where abouts are you from ?

Gismo
26th April 2008, 04:59 PM
:welcome: very nice looking checkmate :cool:

Before they stubborn admin guys show up :rolleyes: can you reduce your piccie to 800 x 600 pixels :thumbs up:
We have a dedicated gallery forum where you can share more pics.

There's a fair gathering tomorrow at knockhill for the mini cooper racing, if you pop along they'll make you feel more than welcome :yes nod:

Gismo
26th April 2008, 05:00 PM
nice car and pic (although could you please resize your pic to 800 x 600 as that is the max we allow. Thanks) :thumbs up:
See what i mean :hand:
Edit:- wished everyone did theirs as quickas that :eek:

mrstirs
26th April 2008, 05:00 PM
Cheers, resized!

I'm from near Glasgow, live in the city centre at the moment, but moving to Edinburgh in July.

Don't have the Mini at the moment because it had a bit of an accident...waiting on it getting sorted just now :( If I did I'd be along to Knockhill tomorrow!

Gismo
26th April 2008, 05:02 PM
Cheers, resized!

I'm from near Glasgow, live in the city centre at the moment, but moving to Edinburgh in July.

Don't have the Mini at the moment because it had a bit of an accident...waiting on it getting sorted just now :(
Eek :eek: hope it's sorted soon :thumbs up:

mrstirs
26th April 2008, 05:04 PM
Me too, it's been a bit of a nightmare. Been without it for more than a month now.

Planning a few wee mods for the start of next year - tints and possibly 4 spots - they seem expensive though. Also think I'll do something with the exhaust, not quite sure yet.

Gismo
26th April 2008, 05:15 PM
Planning a few wee mods for the start of next year - tints and possibly 4 spots - they seem expensive though. Also think I'll do something with the exhaust, not quite sure yet.
If you go the BMW route for spots then they are controlled through the ecu and will need "switched" on, not literally :blush: they have to set the code to allow them to work.
I got 2 fitted at the dealer and opted to fit the other 2 myself, simply wired them into the other spots, works ok and in mind is a much needed mod as i've always found the mini's lights to be poor.
There are others available on ebay etc that can simply be wired intot eh headlamp wires with a relay.

Playmini have a great range of cat back exhausts, i put a janspeed on my last s, sounded excellent :thumbs up:

Tints available from one of our sponsors mini designs (http://www.minidesigns.biz/)
You can either go direct from the link or through the sponsor forums

stoney
26th April 2008, 06:08 PM
:welcome: to the madhouse like the checkmate looks good hope you get it back soon :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
26th April 2008, 06:53 PM
:D Hi and welcome :D Great looking checkmate :cool:

sedgie
26th April 2008, 06:57 PM
Hiya n Welcome:D

Bumble
26th April 2008, 08:06 PM
:welcome: and a BIG WAVE to you!

Colin
26th April 2008, 09:37 PM
:welcome: to NMS. :D

Mini Ecosse
26th April 2008, 09:55 PM
Hi, welcome to NMScotland. :) :)
Stephen & Allyson

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 12:30 AM
Hi and :welcome: to NMS.

Nice pic, but could you reduce the size to a max of 800 X 600. What? The poor guy was pounced on by Craig and Bonnie Scotland within minutes of posting, why can't I?

Nice looking MINI, hope you get back all better soon.

A.;)

Gismo
27th April 2008, 05:01 AM
Nice pic, but could you reduce the size to a max of 800 X 600. What? The poor guy was pounced on by Craig and Bonnie Scotland within minutes of posting, why can't I?

Nice looking MINI, hope you get back all better soon.

A.;)Not pounced on :hand: giving advice, if you elect to be asleep at the vital minute............

Crombers
27th April 2008, 07:54 AM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

Ivano
27th April 2008, 05:34 PM
Hello and Welcome :welcome:

Gismo
28th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Ok, i'm gonna ask :blush: can you explain your username :yes nod: