PDA

View Full Version : Might be a daft question...

gauldrymini
26th April 2008, 12:05 PM
David
Do you know (or can you find out) what mods invalidate the MINI warranty or TLC package???:confused:
Thinking especially of:
1. Fitting sport springs to lower car
2. Fitting a s/steel exhaust
3. Fitting a replacement panel filter

cheers
Andrew

Phoned to see if you were in today but alas no...:hand:

Crombers
27th April 2008, 08:30 AM
I've got a replacement back box & filter & three dealers I used when under warranty had no issue with them at all.

stoney
27th April 2008, 09:49 AM
i think in genaral if you mod it is what you have moded that will be in valid ie if you lower your car then ball joint and shocks go they will not be coverd but the like of your exuast would be fine

Gismo
27th April 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think you can honestly expect an answer on this topic from JC's, there are many things that can make a warranty claim valid or not.
If you refer to the TLC book it will tell you that any modifications will invalidate the warranty.

Now as harsh as that may sound, i wouldn't expect that, if, you replaced the head unit and your wheel bearing failed that dealers would not honour the claim, but that would be on an individual basis and any other details taken into consideration.

I've moved this to the General forum as i don't think it's fair on John Clark's to answer a single point as they have to stick to the BMW guidelines.
You may however get other's opinions and experiences from in here

KenL
27th April 2008, 01:41 PM
If you refer to the TLC book it will tell you that any modifications will invalidate the warranty.

Not quite. It says it invalidates TLC, not the warranty :smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
27th April 2008, 03:24 PM
Not quite. It says it invalidates TLC, not the warranty :smilewinkgrin:Yep, typo error, meant TLC :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
28th April 2008, 10:24 AM
I don't think you can honestly expect an answer on this topic from JC's, there are many things that can make a warranty claim valid or not.

Now as harsh as that may sound, i wouldn't expect that, if, you replaced the head unit and your wheel bearing failed that dealers would not honour the claim, but that would be on an individual basis and any other details taken into consideration.

I've moved this to the General forum as i don't think it's fair on John Clark's to answer a single point as they have to stick to the BMW guidelines.
You may however get other's opinions and experiences from in here

Fair dues... i can see it is a difficult positon for the dealers (JC):yes nod: ...

Andrew