PDA

View Full Version : Dump Valves for the Turbo Cooper S

Eggy7496
24th April 2008, 06:48 PM
Hey Guys,

Whats your thoughts ona dump valve? I think they sound awesome and seems to me to be purely cosmetic. However i was advised by a garage in aberdeen not to fit one as it decreases the performance......

EJ

Sweeney
24th April 2008, 06:54 PM
Up until a point, they offer no real significant benefit other than the sound although it wont decrease performance.

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop2/proddetail.asp?prod=ForgeBlowoffAdaptorGen2 This is what you're after...

FergusM
24th April 2008, 08:14 PM
too neddish.... I like sound but would never do it to a mini.

Livi
25th April 2008, 10:28 AM
Although my car is a Jap turbo i had always led to believe that dump valve was better for a turbo car in this case the pressure exceeds the preset spring pressure in the dump valve and the excess pressure is bled off to atmosphere rather than back in the turbo again.

It could possibly decrease the performance, but every car is different, id say its one of these things you need to try and find out though :)

Or what sweeney has linked up :thumbs up:

Ps. nothing to do with me being JC in this post! :laugh:

AeroJonny
25th April 2008, 01:10 PM
My forge blow off valve arrived yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes :)

ianking
25th April 2008, 01:32 PM

Might be a bit strange with the Auto tranny though.

Eggy7496
25th April 2008, 01:42 PM
AeroJohnny that would be perfect to let us to know what it sounds like, is yours an Alta?

EJ

AeroJonny
25th April 2008, 02:29 PM
AeroJohnny that would be perfect to let us to know what it sounds like, is yours an Alta?

EJ

Nope, it's made be forge.

AeroJonny
25th April 2008, 02:30 PM
Might be a bit strange with the Auto tranny though.

i'm not sure if it'll make any difference being an auto, guess the proof will be in the pudding.

AeroJonny
25th April 2008, 05:41 PM
well it's fitted and sounds so cool!!!!

philthy
26th April 2008, 12:35 AM
oh no you didnt.... lol

Scottie
26th April 2008, 09:05 AM
well it's fitted and sounds so cool!!!!

good for you:thumbs up: :thumbs up: any chance you can let us here it on the move take some one with you while driving.

AeroJonny
26th April 2008, 04:35 PM
sure thing fi, i might go up to knockhill tomorrow. failing that i'll more than likely be at next weeks run or the meats :)

AeroJonny
28th April 2008, 01:38 AM
oh no you didnt.... lol
eh??

Ivano
1st May 2008, 01:48 PM

What are you driving now given the fact you've added a Dump Valve. Is it an R56 S Perhaps? Not seen you around in a while

MarcoV
1st May 2008, 03:17 PM
I had one Fitted on my old Works. They are pretty cool but can be chavvy if you are dumping off every 5 seconds.

monkimagic
1st May 2008, 03:24 PM
I think they are very cool....in the right car, my neighbour has a TT with a dump valve and it reminds me of an angry hairdresser.:laugh:

AeroJonny
2nd May 2008, 12:34 AM
What are you driving now given the fact you've added a Dump Valve. Is it an R56 S Perhaps? Not seen you around in a while

Tis indeed, pepper white with aero kit and crown spokes. I was up at my mate's in lodge park with it on sunday while you were cleaning the minis.

What did you use on your sister's? It looked fantastic.

Ivano
2nd May 2008, 08:44 AM
Tis indeed, pepper white with aero kit and crown spokes. I was up at my mate's in lodge park with it on sunday while you were cleaning the minis.

What did you use on your sister's? It looked fantastic.

Cool, will need to look out and HEAR you in your New Cooper S with the Blow Off Valve

(I used Meguiars Detailing Clay Bar and Meguairs Gold Class Wax on her MINI.The Chili red was so dull until i used the bar, What a finish! especially on my black Cooper too. I think the cleanest the MINIs have ever been)