PDA

View Full Version : Do We Want An NMS Calendar For 2009

Gismo
24th April 2008, 04:01 PM
As the title suggests, vote yes or no :)
Following from the theme from last year, 12 pictures will be selected.

Let's not get too hung up on how many you can have in it, just do we want it ;)

Send all pictures to:-
alan@newminiscotland.co.uk

They should be in landscape and at least 1024 x ???? pixels if possible

Online Calendar (http://www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/calendars/)

Pictures for calendar

July:-
Thanks to Jordana at Mini Designs for the July picks

Burple
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/dscf0178kz4.jpg

Craig
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/Winter.jpg

AndyP & Lenore :rolleyes:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/AndyPLenore_July1.jpg

August:-
Thanks to Ryan at John Clark's for the August picks:-

Monkimagic
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/Jspics007.jpg

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/101414474_HorhNvjG.jpg

stoney
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/stoneysplash.jpg

September:-
Thanks to mikeythemini for the September picks:-

mikeythemini:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/mikeythemini.jpg

N12 JLK:-
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/jason_picture/n12_jlk.jpg

The Gismo Man:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/TheGismoMan.jpg

October:-
Thanks to MArk Dryden for the October picks:-

Zimbo:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/Zimbo.jpg

OO0BES:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/OO0BES.jpg

Weefossy:-
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/Weefossy.jpg

Burple
24th April 2008, 04:20 PM
And as fate would have it.. I found a folder today on an old USB stick with my photos from last time still in it..
I have a few better ones as well to add now ;)
Obviously I'll chuck the best ones in to be voted on if need be :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
24th April 2008, 04:44 PM
Yes a good idea :thumbs up: , just need a kick up the a**e to submit some photos.

Stephen

Scottie
24th April 2008, 04:54 PM
I voted no:o not really my thing

unless of course your talking about all the young fit guys on NMS
posing for the pictures:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So that will be January taken care of can't think who the other months could be:laugh: :popcorn:

MINI William
24th April 2008, 06:10 PM
So that will be January taken care of can't think who the other months could be:laugh: :popcorn:
im quite happy to do more than just january if needs b all 12 months lol:laugh:

sedgie
24th April 2008, 07:24 PM
im quite happy to do more than just january if needs b all 12 months lol:laugh:
:eek: :eek: "young man"!:p :smilewinkgrin: :laugh:

Bazthemod
24th April 2008, 08:32 PM
Ohh dear, i dread to think :eyes up: :D

The Dogfather
24th April 2008, 10:36 PM
Will it be in a Pirelli stylee?

Burple
24th April 2008, 11:34 PM
Will it be in a Pirelli stylee?

Nah.. I reckon he'll do it in a 'Sunday Sport' stylee!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:moonie:

Gismo
29th April 2008, 02:35 AM
I've been doing a wee bit of research, there are many differing types of calender.
We can have the type that sits on your desk to a wall hanging type.

I intend to ask for photo's soon and select 3 per month to be included in the final calender, it won't be my choice, but, a select committee, or, i'll consider posting up for a poll, that will make the final decision.

Don't send any pics yet, but, the first reviews will be for the best of July, August, September and October.
This will then allow me to forward the pictures we want to a suitable calender maker in time for next year.

Watch this thread :)

Big Gordy
29th April 2008, 08:21 AM
Ross got callendars made up this year for the MG bunch. Very good quality. He still has the software the printing company sent him to create them. If you want any more info about them let me know as he's back on dry land tomorrow:yes nod:

Gismo
29th April 2008, 09:00 AM
Ross got callendars made up this year for the MG bunch. Very good quality. He still has the software the printing company sent him to create them. If you want any more info about them let me know as he's back on dry land tomorrow:yes nod:
Yes please, i take it that Ross made up the calender and then sent the design back and got the calenders printed ?
If so, that would help to keep the costs down :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
29th April 2008, 10:18 AM
Yes please, i take it that Ross made up the calender and then sent the design back and got the calenders printed ?

Yeh:thumbs up: The people that wanted them sent him pictures and he cropped them to suit.

If so, that would help to keep the costs down :thumbs up:

The best way, he felt, to keep costs down was to get as many cars from different owners in each months picture that way more than one person would buy that months slot so to speak:smilewinkgrin: It seemed to work OK:popcorn:

Big Gordy
29th April 2008, 10:20 AM
I should also add that there was loads of calender designs to choose from ie wall, desk, etc.:smilewinkgrin:

Gismo
29th April 2008, 10:22 AM
I should also add that there was loads of calender designs to choose from ie wall, desk, etc.:smilewinkgrin:I know, i'm dreading to ask that question :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
29th April 2008, 11:50 AM
looks like I changed my car at the right time........

N12 JLK
29th April 2008, 08:36 PM
Desk please. But Kerr would probably prefer a wall. So would buy whatever

MINI William
29th April 2008, 08:43 PM
wall for me:thumbs up: as i get slagged at work enough for loving my car to much so would just add to it if i had a piccys of lots at my desk lol:smilewinkgrin:

stoney
29th April 2008, 09:31 PM
wall for me as well

Big Gordy
30th April 2008, 08:42 AM
If I remember rightly BS would create the calender on his PC then send it to the printers dudes. They then set up a link for anybody in NMS to go and buy whatever they want out of there shop:thumbs up:

Scottie
30th April 2008, 08:53 AM
H'mm I wonder will there be a poll to decide on which pictures to use:laugh:

Calendar Girls aka Mini Boys gets my vote any day:thumbs up: :hand:

Burple
30th April 2008, 10:23 AM
If I remember rightly BS would create the calender on his PC then send it to the printers dudes. They then set up a link for anybody in NMS to go and buy whatever they want out of there shop:thumbs up:

Cool. That gets round all the arguments of what kind we should make!.

Right.. onto the arguments about what pics to use!! :D:D:D :argh:

:popcorn:

Big Gordy
30th April 2008, 01:33 PM
Like I said 'ohh small one' try and get as many different minis in each pic therefor appealing to more of the masses more of the time:thumbs up: If its only your car on April's page then realisically it's only you that will want to buy it for that month:argh: .......did that make any sense:eyes up: :smilewinkgrin:

Burple
30th April 2008, 03:13 PM
Like I said 'ohh small one' try and get as many different minis in each pic therefor appealing to more of the masses more of the time:thumbs up: If its only your car on April's page then realisically it's only you that will want to buy it for that month:argh: .......did that make any sense:eyes up: :smilewinkgrin:

In some weird logic ;) I'd personally be buying the calendar for ALL the months ;);) so long as my car was in at least one of them :p:p

...But I see what you mean. :D Too many cars.. not enough months!
I know it would be a pain, but how about a thread with just pics of cars, and we could vote on the top 12 / fave pics?

(deep down.. I know this won't have a chance in hell of working without somebody chucking the dolly oot :argh::ragin::D)

:popcorn:

The Dogfather
30th April 2008, 04:09 PM
There's only two Clubman's on the site and I've got two cute dogs. I must stand a good chance of being included.

Burple
30th April 2008, 04:18 PM
There's only two Clubman's on the site and I've got two cute dogs. I must stand a good chance of being included.

Lol.. and there's only One BEP One with Aero Spoiler and nice wheels on the site.. so me too ;););):p:p:moonie: lol...

:popcorn::popcorn:
(Ok.. I keeed I keed.. but that's how it starts.. ha ha ha)

N12 JLK
30th April 2008, 09:52 PM
wall for me:thumbs up: as i get slagged at work enough for loving my car to much so would just add to it if i had a piccys of lots at my desk lol:smilewinkgrin:

Forgot about that:mad:

Gismo
1st May 2008, 07:39 AM
Like I said 'ohh small one' try and get as many different minis in each pic therefor appealing to more of the masses more of the time:thumbs up: If its only your car on April's page then realisically it's only you that will want to buy it for that month
Does the software allow that to happen?? When is Ross home, or do you have the link??

Big Gordy
1st May 2008, 08:37 AM
Does the software allow that to happen??

What I meant was WE as mini owners would be better talking the pictures with several minis in it:smilewinkgrin: Don't know if the software allows a montage type picture:confused: Don't see why not tho:popcorn:

When is Ross home, or do you have the link??

He's back this weekend:thumbs up:

Gismo
3rd June 2008, 10:31 AM
He's back this weekend:thumbs up:Some weekend :Whistle:
Anyway's, i've not fogotten this, i'll be looking to receive pictures during July, August, September and October.
The nominated committee will pick 3 from each month and from there the calendar will be made, giving me almost 2 months to get them made up and supplied to anyone that wants one

AndyP & Lenore
3rd June 2008, 10:34 AM
Some weekend :Whistle:
Anyway's, i've not fogotten this, i'll be looking to receive pictures during July, August, September and October.
The nominated committee will pick 3 from each month and from there the calendar will be made, giving me almost 2 months to get them made up and supplied to anyone that wants one

Who's on the "nominated committee"?

Gismo
3rd June 2008, 10:35 AM
Who's on the "nominated committee"?I haven't decided yet, are you offering?? :rolleyes:
I'd be happy to pick all the pictures myself, some folks will be disappointed no matter what way i go, not an easy thing to do

Big Gordy
3rd June 2008, 11:03 AM
Sh!t:eek: completely forgot about this Alan....sorry:argh: Will contact junior and get him to leave out the CD. I'll post it to you tomorrow if you want:thumbs up: PM me your address again;bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd June 2008, 11:32 AM
I haven't decided yet, are you offering?? :rolleyes:
I'd be happy to pick all the pictures myself, some folks will be disappointed no matter what way i go, not an easy thing to do

I'll be submitting a few pics myself, so I'm happy to chose as long as it's not for the months I submit photo's for.

But like you say, we're bound to upset "someone" at some point.:ragin:

A.:D

Scottie
3rd June 2008, 11:49 AM
I would ask each of our 4 Sponsors to choose for a month.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd June 2008, 02:27 PM
I would ask each of our 4 Sponsors to choose for a month.

Ohhh. That's a good idea.:thumbs up: Well done Mis Fi Fi Dooper.:D:D

Why not each sponsor chooses 3 months. Covers all year then.:moonie:

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
16th June 2008, 09:33 AM
Excellent idea, i'll ask our sponsors to pick 3 pictures to cover 3 months each.

I'm kinda hoping that some folks have festive pictures, or the crimbo month anyway, not fussed about spring, summer and autumn.

Once Gordy gets his finger oot to send me the CD i can have a look at the potential calendar design :Whistle:

So, the July month is almost upon us for submitting your pictures, try and keep the file size to around 4mb max, for my mailbox :thumbs up:
send to alan@newminiscotland.co.uk

Also, if you submit a picture for one month, please, do not submit it for another month, i appreciate it's difficult to know how many pictures may be sent in any month..........

stoney
16th June 2008, 11:26 AM
Excellent idea, i'll ask our sponsors to pick 3 pictures to cover 3 months each.

I'm kinda hoping that some folks have festive pictures, or the crimbo month anyway, not fussed about spring, summer and autumn.

Once Gordy gets his finger oot to send me the CD i can have a look at the potential calendar design :Whistle:

So, the July month is almost upon us for submitting your pictures, try and keep the file size to around 4mb max, for my mailbox :thumbs up:

Also, if you submit a picture for one month, please, do not submit it for another month, i appreciate it's difficult to know how many pictures may be sent in any month..........

i will want to put some in but want them from my picnic run as i know i can get a brill pic from up a hill with lots of minis in it will this be to late as its not till end of aug

Gismo
16th June 2008, 11:37 AM
i will want to put some in but want them from my picnic run as i know i can get a brill pic from up a hill with lots of minis in it will this be to late as its not till end of augWell, if you read the thread you'd see that 3 pictures will be selected from July, AUGUST, September and October :popcorn: :nag:

Big Gordy
16th June 2008, 12:58 PM

:blush:
Are you home now??
I'll see if I can find the disc and send it ASAP:argh:

Gismo
16th June 2008, 01:00 PM
:blush:
Are you home now??
I'll see if I can find the disc and send it ASAP:argh:Nope, home on the 26th June, this year right enough :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
16th June 2008, 01:04 PM
It might be worth trying to organise mini's from the same location to meet and have group shots taken:yes nod: For example Craig, MarkyC, Fi, CCM and I are all from roughly the same area. Stoneyand Elfman are another example. That way one month will appeal to more than one person if you see what I mean:moonie:

Big Gordy
16th June 2008, 01:05 PM
Nope, home on the 26th June, this year right enough :thumbs up:

I'll try to endevour to have it posted to your home for you coming back then:thumbs up:

stoney
16th June 2008, 05:39 PM
Well, if you read the thread you'd see that 3 pictures will be selected from July, AUGUST, September and October :popcorn: :nag:

:p:p:p:p:p:p ok missed that bit :moonie:

:off topic:just going to have to kick your :moonie: at COD4 now :p:off topic:

Gismo
17th June 2008, 06:48 AM
A wee reminder, i don't need any pictures e-mailed to me until July :hand: you know who you are :Whistle:

Gismo
4th July 2008, 07:50 AM
Am waiting for the pictures to come rolling in :Whistle: :nag:

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 10:18 AM
Am waiting for the pictures to come rolling in :Whistle: :nag:

I think if the thread hadn't been so confusing you'd have photo's by now.:eyes up:

Your first post says in bold capital: DONT SEND ME ANY PHOTO'S.:frown:

So, can you clarify for all of the terminally thick:popcorn::

1. How many photo's we are allowed to send you at one time?
2. When we are supposed to send you the photo's?
3. Do you want US to specify which month we would like the photo's to be used for?
3. Who's going to be judging which photo's are going to be used?

Lots of questions, I know, but I've just re-read the entire thread and TBH, aside from the fact that you said you would maybe get the sponsors to judge the photo's, none of these other questions are answered.:confused:

Gismo
4th July 2008, 12:43 PM

I think if the thread hadn't been so confusing you'd have photo's by now.:eyes up:

Your first post says in bold capital: DONT SEND ME ANY PHOTO'S.:frown:

So, can you clarify for all of the terminally thick:popcorn::

3. Do you want US to specify which month we would like the photo's to be used for?

Lots of questions, I know, but I've just re-read the entire thread and TBH, aside from the fact that you said you would maybe get the sponsors to judge the photo's, none of these other questions are answered.:confused:

A.:DThere ya go, i think that covers all the questions :popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 01:56 PM
There ya go, i think that covers all the questions :popcorn:

Sorry Alan, but in my mind it doesn't answer any of them.:confused::confused:

Gismo
4th July 2008, 02:07 PM
Ok, to clarify for the Pop Corn Boy :rolleyes:

You can send in as many as you want each month, however, i see that there could be a problem if you really want a particular picture to be reviewed, i was trying to limit the amount to save me receiving hundreds of photo's.
As soon as someone's picture is picked then no more pictures will be required from that member, this will help ensure that there are chances for other members.

Anytime during the months of July, August, September and October

If you have a seasonal picture then yes, if not, the pictures will be reviewed on their merits and i will decide what months they will be used for

All the current sponsors will be asked to pick 3 pictures each month

Hope that helps :popcorn:

Gismo
4th July 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh and Gordy, yoohoo :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
4th July 2008, 02:14 PM
Ok, to clarify for the Pop Corn Boy :rolleyes:

Hope that helps :popcorn:

Much better. Thank you for humoring a thicko.:yes nod:

Will hunt out some photies and email them off to you.:smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
6th July 2008, 08:17 AM
Oh and Gordy, yoohoo :Whistle:

I know, I know :argh:

N12 JLK
6th July 2008, 10:02 AM
pictures sent:thumbs up:

Gismo
26th July 2008, 11:36 AM
pictures sent:thumbs up:Still not got them :computer:
Folks, if you want to be included in the July selection get your pictures into me before the 31st :computer:

Gismo
27th July 2008, 10:07 AM
Gordy :Whistle: read your PM's :rolleyes:

N12 JLK
27th July 2008, 07:56 PM
Still not got them :computer:
Folks, if you want to be included in the July selection get your pictures into me before the 31st :computer:

We sent them again and your mailer denied them again, even tried your other e-mail, really want to be included aswell:frown:

Craig
27th July 2008, 08:01 PM
Jason,

send the pics to me and then I will forward them

Cheers

C:thumbs up:

Gismo
28th July 2008, 04:43 AM
We sent them again and your mailer denied them again, even tried your other e-mail, really want to be included aswell:frown:How big are the files you're trying to send, my mailbox probably has a 10mb max limit, so, if you're sending multiple pictures it won't get through.
Try with only one picture to see if it goes, failing that, you could burn them on a disk and post them to my house

Big Gordy
28th July 2008, 08:21 AM
Gordy :Whistle: read your PM's :rolleyes:

I don't sit on my computer all day you know:ragin:
I'll text Ross later on this morning.....he won't be up yet:frown:.....as I don't know what it is:thumbs up:

Gismo
28th July 2008, 08:27 AM
I don't sit on my computer all day you know:ragin:
Yep, i know, but check the date :moonie:

Big Gordy
28th July 2008, 08:38 AM
Friday at work was mental :argh: Anyway I didn't know the answer:moonie: Still don't..!!

Gismo
28th July 2008, 08:55 AM
Friday at work was mental :argh: Anyway I didn't know the answer:moonie: Still don't..!!The word crew, or crewe or caruw or similar seems to ring a bell, but, no google searches bring anything up, so, wakey wakey Ross :nag:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 10:31 AM
2 Photo's submitted for July.

A.

Gismo
28th July 2008, 10:43 AM
2 Photo's submitted for July.

A.Cheers Andy, just for info, biggest photo was 3mb

Craig
28th July 2008, 10:46 AM
I sent you a few but not sure if you got them... didn't know your email restrictions were so low... :eyes up:

Big Gordy
28th July 2008, 10:50 AM
Right just had Ross on the phone and he thinks it a place called photobook:thumbs up:
He also said to beware of cropping your pictures too much before submitting them as the calendar website resizes them to fit the template and they can get a bit 'pixaly':frown:
He also said you need a minimum of 12 people to buy the calendar:moonie:
Just a thought but do any of the Falkirk,Stirling,Denny,etc bunch fancy getting together for a group shot:cool:

Big Gordy
28th July 2008, 10:52 AM
The word crew, or crewe or caruw or similar seems to ring a bell, but, no google searches bring anything up, so, wakey wakey Ross :nag:

Jeeeez:eek: Your memory's worse than mine:moonie::smilewinkgrin:

Big Gordy
28th July 2008, 10:55 AM
Ooooooops:blush: It seems the website is www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/photobook/ (http://www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/photobook/)

Maybe your memory isn't so bad after all;bigwave:

Craig
28th July 2008, 10:56 AM
Just a thought but do any of the Falkirk,Stirling,Denny,etc bunch fancy getting together for a group shot:cool:

I'm up for that.. :thumbs up:

Gismo
28th July 2008, 11:24 AM
Ooooooops:blush: It seems the website is www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/photobook/ (http://www.cewe-photoworld.co.uk/photobook/)

Maybe your memory isn't so bad after all;bigwave::Whistle: :moonie:

I'll look into what can be supplied from the site, it's gonna be hard to get one that suits everybody as it is

Gismo
28th July 2008, 11:36 AM
I've updated the first page to include the link to the proposed manufacturer so folks can go online and see if they like the look of the calendars they provide :yes nod:

Scottie
28th July 2008, 11:43 AM
I'm up for that.. :thumbs up:

x2

it's a yes from me

Scottie
28th July 2008, 11:44 AM
do we have to go to all this hassle re photoworld and stuff can't we just send the pictures to you Allan.??

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 11:52 AM
Cheers Andy, just for info, biggest photo was 3mb

Sorry, did I miss a restriction on size?:confused:

A.

Gismo
28th July 2008, 11:54 AM
do we have to go to all this hassle re photoworld and stuff can't we just send the pictures to you Allan.??
In order to qualify for one of your pictures you must submit them to me.
From there they will be picked by the sponsors to appear in the calendar.

It would be very easy for me (and everyone) if we agreed on one type of calendar, that way i would do all the ordering, uploading of pictures etc.
So, if everyone can agree on which type of calendar.....................:computer:

Gismo
28th July 2008, 11:56 AM
I voted no:o not really my thing

unless of course your talking about all the young fit guys on NMS
posing for the pictures:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

x2

it's a yes from meFi, are you undecided or not sure :D

Gismo
28th July 2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry, did I miss a restriction on size?:confused:

A.Nope, more a pointer to Jason cause he can't get his pictures through to me

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 11:58 AM
Had a look at that site Alan. It looks to me like the majority of their designs suit pics with portrait orientation. And I'm gonna guess that the majority of the photo's you get are gonna be landscape.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 11:58 AM
Nope, more a pointer to Jason cause he can't get his pictures through to me

K.

A.

Gismo
28th July 2008, 12:00 PM
Had a look at that site Alan. It looks to me like the majority of their designs suit pics with portrait orientation. And I'm gonna guess that the majority of the photo's you get are gonna be landscape.

A.Download and install the software, it gives you a lot more options

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2008, 12:08 PM
Download and install the software, it gives you a lot more options

Downloaded and installed.

Off to work now so will have a play later.:thumbs up:

A.

Scottie
28th July 2008, 12:12 PM
Fi, are you undecided or not sure :D

tbh Allan I just put my name down as it a local thing and just going along for a laugh.

Whether the photo got in calendar or not I couldn't care.

It's seems to be a big thread on how to and what style calendar.!!!!!

Just decide on what you want and get on with it man.LOL

fwiw. I found in my experience of choosing and ordering calendars for my part of the business for some 20 odd years LOL. the calendar with the space to write in next to the date were the most popular. Maybe you've already chosen not read the whole nine yards of the thread.

Oh and if you really wanted to do it well why not

for every ££ spent on a calendar donate £ to a charity.

Gismo
28th July 2008, 12:14 PM
tbh Allan I just put my name down as it a local thing and just going along for a laugh.

Whether the photo got in calendar or not I couldn't care.

It's seems to be a big thread on how to and what style calendar.!!!!!

Just decide on what you want and get on with it man.LOL

fwiw. I found in my experience or choosing and ordering calendars for my part of the business for some 20 odd years. the calendar with the space to write in next to the date were the most popular.

Oh and if you really wanted to do it right why not for every ££ spent on a calendar donate £ to a charity.

What makes that "right" you voted that you didn't want it anyway

Gismo
28th July 2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe you've already chosen not read the whole nine yards of the threadNope, i haven't chosen, that's what the online ordering system allows, each peson to decide what they want, but, when i tried to make it simple for you by taking away the choice you didn't appear to like that either :rolleyes: wimmin :Whistle:

Scottie
28th July 2008, 12:45 PM
What makes that "right" you voted that you didn't want it anyway

just because it is.

Gismo
30th July 2008, 04:36 AM
Download and install the software, it gives you a lot more optionsHmm, it would appear that even after downloading all the software it does not give any more options :eek:
I was sure it had a suitable landscape option, needs more investigating

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2008, 09:35 AM
It looked to me that an A3 portrait calendar could be top half landscape pic, and bottom half landscape calendar. Like two landscape A4's sitting on top of each other, which is what A3 is, of course.

A.

Gismo
30th July 2008, 10:36 AM
It looked to me that an A3 portrait calendar could be top half landscape pic, and bottom half landscape calendar. Like two landscape A4's sitting on top of each other, which is what A3 is, of course.

A.Whew, i thought i had seen an option :Whistle:
Between that and the desk top variant should suit those that want one :thumbs up:

Gismo
1st August 2008, 11:36 PM
Many thanks to the members who supplied pictures for the month of July :thumbs up:
I don't get home until the 20th August, so, the nominated sponsor won't get to see the pics until then.

This shouldn't hold us up though, entries now being received for the August nominations :yes nod:

Gismo
3rd August 2008, 08:30 PM
Many thanks to the members who supplied pictures for the month of July :thumbs up:
I don't get home until the 20th August, so, the nominated sponsor won't get to see the pics until thenEdit:- Many thanks to Mini Designs who are sifting through July's entries :thumbs up:
Good luck to the entrants :yes nod:

Gismo
6th August 2008, 03:44 PM
First post updated to show the first 3 picks for the calendar :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
6th August 2008, 03:52 PM
First post updated to show the first 3 picks for the calendar :thumbs up:

Aye, and it's AndyP & Lenore's car.;);):D:D:moonie:

L

Gismo
6th August 2008, 04:02 PM
Aye, and it's AndyP & Lenore's car.;);):D:D:moonie:

LYou took the picture :moonie:

Gismo
6th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Ewan,
I need a hi res version of your picture :computer:

Craig
6th August 2008, 06:02 PM
'mon the Black Eye Purple. Still the best colour MINI ever did.... ;) <now why exactly did I sell that car.....:confused::Whistle:>

MINI William
7th August 2008, 12:04 PM
Ok stupid question but it is me :D where do i send my picture(s) of to ???:Whistle:

Gismo
7th August 2008, 02:09 PM
Ok stupid question but it is me :D where do i send my picture(s) of to ???:Whistle:Send all pics to:-
alan@newminiscotland.co.uk

And in fact, it was mentioned here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14373&page=4) :blush::Whistle:

Gismo
8th August 2008, 04:17 PM
Ewan,
I need a hi res version of your picture :computer:Earth calling Burple :rolleyes:

Craig
8th August 2008, 05:02 PM
Earth calling Burple :rolleyes:

he's on hols at the mo - it took a while to get a reply from a text so I don't know if he is near a PC... ;)

Gismo
8th August 2008, 05:06 PM
he's on hols at the mo - it took a while to get a reply from a text so I don't know if he is near a PC... ;)I'm actually posting when he's online :nag: cause i got the off on holiday repsonse when i e-mailed him :rolleyes:

I did notice he'd set his PM notification to NOT pop up when he receives a PM as well :Whistle:

Gismo
3rd September 2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks to Monkimagic, Stoney and s-a-l-t-i-r-e for the August entries :thumbs up:
Once again only 3 folks sent pictures in, so, you guys will have one picture selected by JC's from the month of August which will be selected on Friday.

Only 2 more months to go for folks to ge their pictures in, remember, only one picture from any member, though thanks to the Aberdeen crew a multiple car shot may be picked featuring many mini's :yes nod:

Forbes
3rd September 2008, 11:12 PM
So can Aberdeen folk get another pic in it? What if it has a different car in it?

Gismo
3rd September 2008, 11:26 PM
So can Aberdeen folk get another pic in it? What if it has a different car in it?Yes of course, the rules are that only one user can have a picture selected for the calendar, what they submit is entirely up to them :yes nod:
So, if you all want to do another photo shoot, then make sure whoever submits the photo's has not already been picked ;)

Forbes
3rd September 2008, 11:44 PM
Ah ok. So if S-a-l-t-i-r-e-s was picked it cant be again. Hmmm... where has Voodoo gone? Might try my own hand at it

Big Gordy
4th September 2008, 08:52 AM
Any of the Falkirk/Stirling guys/gals fancy a photo meet on Sunday..?? Weather providing of course:Whistle: Any suggestions for a suitable location reasonable near by..??

Big Gordy
4th September 2008, 08:55 AM
Aaaaagh......just noticed there's a run on this Sunday so maybe not:argh:

Gismo
4th September 2008, 09:01 AM
Aaaaagh......just noticed there's a run on this Sunday so maybe not:argh:Go on the run and set it up at a convenient stop point :Whistle:

Big Gordy
4th September 2008, 11:31 AM
Nocandoo:frown:
Ross and I are off to compete in a Land Rover trial type thing on Sunday :D

Oooooooops just remembered Kirsten is doing her half marathon on Sunday so will have to go and cheer her on/carry her home...lol

Gismo
5th September 2008, 01:18 PM
First post updated with the August picks.
Stoney and s-a-l-t-i-r-e, can you supply me with higher res pictures of teh winning pictures??

Need to be 1024 x ???

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
5th September 2008, 04:09 PM
Ah ok. So if S-a-l-t-i-r-e-s was picked it cant be again. Hmmm... where has Voodoo gone? Might try my own hand at it

You can use my camera next time if you like, i'll give you some pointers... :thumbs up:

Voodoo
5th September 2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry guys was away working on another site, what is it you're needing, another one of my pics or are you needing me to take some pics?

Voodoo
5th September 2008, 07:03 PM
Oh I've got my Nikon D80 now too so if you need more pics I'll be happy to do it so I can play with my camera :laugh:

Forbes
5th September 2008, 07:28 PM
:off topic: But run next week remember

Voodoo
5th September 2008, 08:03 PM
Dellie's in charge of my social life so its up to her to remind me :p

If she's going I'll be there and I'll have my camera with me :thumbs up:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
5th September 2008, 09:15 PM
Oh I've got my Nikon D80 now too so if you need more pics I'll be happy to do it so I can play with my camera :laugh:

:off topic: Its a great camera, image quality is superb...!!!

Get yourself onto Pbase so we can see some of your stuff...

I'm at www.pbase.com/saltire if you fancy a look...

Aberdeen Al
6th September 2008, 12:12 PM
If there's another Aberdeen meet for a fotie session then give me a shout as I pick up my (260bhp) car from 1320 next Saturday (13th Sept) and I'd missed the original session due to being offshore :sad:

Forbes
6th September 2008, 12:21 PM
If there's another Aberdeen meet for a fotie session then give me a shout as I pick up my (260bhp) car from 1320 next Saturday (13th Sept) and I'd missed the original session due to being offshore :sad:

Check the meets section. There is one next Sat at 11

Aberdeen Al
6th September 2008, 08:43 PM
Check the meets section. There is one next Sat at 11

Unfortunately will be travelling up from 1320 - never mind - thanks anyway :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
6th September 2008, 09:29 PM
posted my pictures again so hopefully you will get them this time Alan, sent them to the e-mail address on the first post, let me know asap if you dont get them.

Jason

Gismo
6th September 2008, 11:12 PM
posted my pictures again so hopefully you will get them this time Alan, sent them to the e-mail address on the first post, let me know asap if you dont get them.

JasonNice one, at last, i got them :thumbs up:

Gismo
8th October 2008, 05:52 AM
Thanks to mikeythemini for selecting the Septembers pictures :thumbs up:

Sadly, only 2 folks sent in pictures, myself and Jason, so, Mike sent me a few of his from which i selected one for him.

Jason, any chance you can look at your original picture to see if you can remove the date stamp??

The 1st post has been updated with the latest pictures, only one month remains for any member, who hasn't already had a picture selected to send in their efforts.
The closing date is the 31st October :yes nod:

N12 JLK
8th October 2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks to mikeythemini for selecting the Septembers pictures :thumbs up:

Sadly, only 2 folks sent in pictures, myself and Jason, so, Mike sent me a few of his from which i selected one for him.

Jason, any chance you can look at your original picture to see if you can remove the date stamp??

The 1st post has been updated with the latest pictures, only one month remains for any member, who hasn't already had a picture selected to send in their efforts.
The closing date is the 31st October :yes nod:

Hello Alan, sorry I hav'nt a clue how to take out the date stamp, any computer buffs out there may be able to do it (Craig/Andy?). Hopefully you will still keep it in for the callander as it is a good picture.

Craig
8th October 2008, 08:12 PM
you need a photoshop monkey.... not my bad tbh. maybe Bazthemod - he seems quite photoshop savvy ;)

Gismo
8th October 2008, 08:13 PM
Hello Alan, sorry I hav'nt a clue how to take out the date stamp, any computer buffs out there may be able to do it (Craig/Andy?). Hopefully you will still keep it in for the callander as it is a good picture.Do you still have the picture on your camera?? if so you can remove it from the camera's setting, if not...................then i'll mess about with it and see if i can sort it :rolleyes:

Gismo
8th October 2008, 08:57 PM
Ok Jason,
I've sorted you're picture, but, im having difficulty getting onto photobucket, damned works websense :ragin:
So, i'll get it posted shortly

N12 JLK
8th October 2008, 08:59 PM
goodman, Ive just been on photo bucket uploading some christmas pics for Mini Meats Christmas lunch and was working fine.
Picture is well off the camera infact some bugger stole it when we went for a tour of Ibrox I now recall.

Gismo
8th October 2008, 09:21 PM
working fineI know it's working ok, but, my works websense does not allow that site so i can't log onto it :rolleyes:
Anyway, i've hosted the picture on NMS until i get home and can change it :yes nod:

Burple
8th October 2008, 09:48 PM
Hey, can anyone send in *more* pics if one's been selected already? ;)

Gismo
8th October 2008, 09:50 PM
Hey, can anyone send in *more* pics if one's been selected already? ;)Nope :moonie: but others can take photos of your car :Whistle:

zimbo
14th October 2008, 11:43 AM
Sent you some pics Alan, will try send more if you want? :thumbs up::Whistle:

Gismo
15th October 2008, 01:26 PM
Sent you some pics Alan, will try send more if you want? :thumbs up::Whistle:As many as you want, but........only one can be picked from each member and only 3 members in the last month

Gismo
2nd November 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks to the last 3 folks who submitted pictures for October's picks, the winning shots will be advised shortly once they've been judged.

I'd also like to ask if any folks have got a group photo that includes the banner to send them into me, i want to include this on the front cover.

Now, i guess i need to know if folks just simply want to be able to buy a calendar, or, would they like to make it up for themselves from the picture website company?

stoney
3rd November 2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks to the last 3 folks who submitted pictures for October's picks, the winning shots will be advised shortly once they've been judged.

I'd also like to ask if any folks have got a group photo that includes the banner to send them into me, i want to include this on the front cover.

Now, i guess i need to know if folks just simply want to be able to buy a calendar, or, would they like to make it up for themselves from the picture website company?

just one that i can bye i think that would be best :thumbs up:

Craig
3rd November 2008, 06:11 PM
I would just like a Calendar that I can buy... :smilewinkgrin:

I think I have a few photos of the banner with people, but I also think AndyP has some and his will prob be better than mine.. :blush:;)

Scottie
3rd November 2008, 07:03 PM
I'll take one if it's free oh and a Diary and a box of Roses. :p:Whistle::hand::shut up:

Gismo
3rd November 2008, 07:03 PM
Ok folks, the final 3 selections have been made by Mark Dryden of Saltire Vehicles and this concludes the selections for the calendar.
I'm simply going to devise the calendar and offer them for sale

Gismo
8th November 2008, 01:29 PM
Ok, i've decided upon the calendar design and have attached the final image below:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/New%20Mini%20Scotland/NMS%20Calendar%202009/NMSCalendar.jpg

I'm prepared to purchase the calendars up front and send them out to folks.
I'm still waiting for the final price which shouldn't be any more than £15 delivered to your door

I've started a new thread here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=187662#post187662) for folks to confirm they would like to purchase a calendar

AndyP & Lenore
8th November 2008, 03:39 PM

Pretty sure I have a group photo with the banner. Are you still looking for one?

A.

Gismo
8th November 2008, 03:43 PM
Pretty sure I have a group photo with the banner. Are you still looking for one?

A.I quite like the NMS Site banner, so, we'll leave it as it is