PDA

View Full Version : Petrol situation - record your area.

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2008, 02:55 PM
Thought this thread may be handy in the coming few days or possibly weeks. :eek: :ragin:

Thread rules:

This thread is purely for folk to record a snapshot of what they find to be the situation in any particular area of the country.

If you are in a town and you see all the filling stations have "closed" signs up, record it here.

If you pass a filling station and they have "No diesel" signs up etc., again, record it here.

Please remember that the information given here is only a snapshot at the time the member drove past or went into the filling station. New deliveries may have arrived, or stock may have run out.

No banter or discussions, it is purely a thread to record "now" information, although if new information is available, you can "reply with quote" to update the info given by a previous user.

As much as possible maintain the original post format.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2008, 02:55 PM
Galashiels:

Purves - Shell Garage

Unleaded: stocks

Diesel: Stock but limited to £10 per person.

No queues seen.

Drove by at 11.30AM - Thursday 24th April

--------------------------------------------

Esso Garage on Melrose Road

Stock of all fuels.

No restrictions and no queues.

Drove by at 11.30Am - Thursday 24th April

---------------------------------------------

Dalgliesh - Esso Garage - Langlee

Unleaded: Stock.

Diesel: NONE!

No restrictions and no queues.

A.

ianking
24th April 2008, 03:21 PM
BP - Penicuik.

Yesterday no Fuel at all.
This morning - Standard unleaded only with no limit on purchase amount.
They have put the price up to 109 though.

FergusM
24th April 2008, 08:16 PM
Hamilton:

Nothing but V-power left in shell station..... which suited me fine as I was just about empty and that is all I everr put in.

vintageb3
24th April 2008, 08:27 PM
Leven...all four stations have fuel...no rationing.

Was verbally abused by a woman whilst i filled a green gallon petrol can with unleaded today. "Its people like you that have caused this panic and shortage of fuel!" she said. "You should be ashamed of yourself"

I slid open the van door to show my wee cement mixer sitting inside the van.

I said "and Madam...its intelligent people like you that scare the hell out of me!...OH!!!!...did you think my big red van ran on petrol?"

I wish I could describe the look on her face....:laugh:

mark

rpn
24th April 2008, 10:08 PM
Aberdeen, Bridge of Don - Shell (Thursday 7:30pm)

No diesel, unlead limited but V power freely available. Just what I needed for my other car for a business trip to Invergordon tomorrow.

Sheilz
26th April 2008, 04:57 AM
Sainsbury's Aberdeen - no problems (Friday am)

Shell Montrose - no problems (Friday pm)

Bit of queueing but not too bad.

Prices jumping 2/3p in a day.:ragin:

The Dogfather
26th April 2008, 09:24 AM
Report from County Durham, no shortages no excessive queues. Although, there was a reported shortage of milk at the local garage, this was resolved when the milkman turned up he was running late.

Crombers
27th April 2008, 08:31 AM
Report from County Durham, no shortages no excessive queues. Although, there was a reported shortage of milk at the local garage, this was resolved when the milkman turned up he was running late.

That's my kinda reporting Mr G , good un ;)

stoney
27th April 2008, 09:47 AM
none in larkhall last night !!!!!

AndyP & Lenore
27th April 2008, 08:50 PM
Galashiels:

Purves Shell Garage @ 9.20AM Sunday 27th April: All fuels but limited to £10 per person at inflated prices. :ragin:

Gorebridge Shell Garage @ 9.32AM Sunday 27th April: All fuels, no restriction on price and normal non-inflated prices.:thumbs up:

(Lenore was driving):rolleyes:

P.S. We only stuck £10 in in Gala. Stopped for a drink in Gorebridge.

A.:D