PDA

View Full Version : Insurance (My Other Car)

rpn
22nd April 2008, 01:09 PM
Just spent a happy half-hour or so renewing my other car's insurance. Last year the premium was about £350 and this year they asked for £426. Got on the interweb, put my name in the hat and hoping to win the £million. Put in all the details and confused.com came back with an offer of £281 with ..................... my current insurer!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I queried this with them and they went off and came back with their best offer of £410!

So now I'm a new customer with my old insurer. :confused:

Why don't these companies look after their existing loyal customers? :mad: Do these insurance companies think we are all morons???? :argh:

The Dogfather
22nd April 2008, 02:13 PM
They think we are morons. I was with Frizzel for five years, really happy with them and no one could match them on price. They then became LV, their prices went up and service went down.

I've just left them for Admiral who probably won't be any better on customer service but they're a lot cheaper. I expect to have to swap again because it seems to be the only way to get a good price.

Gismo
22nd April 2008, 02:33 PM
I always search around for the cheapest quote and get my current insurer to price match, even doing the same as you and getting a quote with the current one :argh:

FergusM
22nd April 2008, 04:44 PM
They think we are morons. I was with Frizzel for five years, really happy with them and no one could match them on price. They then became LV, their prices went up and service went down.

I've just left them for Admiral who probably won't be any better on customer service but they're a lot cheaper. I expect to have to swap again because it seems to be the only way to get a good price.

I had a terrible experience with Elephant (part of Admiral, as is Bell and some others)...sooo slow to pay out, could never speak directly with person dealing with my claim, expensive claims phone number, checked I had no undeclared points before starting process...keeping 6 months of premium as my car was a total loss etc etc

...what I am trying to say is you only get what you pay for at times....and to be well aware of the small print with them !