SimonS
18th April 2008, 07:51 PM
The only thing that Fiats are quick at is rusting :0

MINI William
18th April 2008, 08:18 PM
quite clearly not tryin lol

monkimagic
18th April 2008, 08:26 PM
Thats pointless. The mini is 5bhp down and 205kg heavier.

N12 JLK
18th April 2008, 08:35 PM
Saw that a couple of months ago, what they didnt show was that the Fiat lost 4 grand of value after the race and a wing mirror:thumbs up:

ianking
18th April 2008, 11:22 PM
I like the 500.

Gismo
19th April 2008, 02:47 AM
Thats pointless. The mini is 5bhp down and 205kg heavier.
There had been some ramblings about the 500 in earlier posts, so, i thought i would show 5th Gears take on it, not sure what it would do against the Cooper or indeed the S.

It was also to show you folks that you can embed YouTube movies into your posts........but no one noticed that :rolleyes: :D
If adding a movie, select the red Tube icon above the message box and copy the letters and numbers from the the youtube movie you want to show into the text box.

Note, this only works with the letters and number from the url address and ONLY the info supplied after the v= :)

euan
19th April 2008, 07:43 AM
Great news on the embedding!

I've seen a few 500's on the road now, I think they look great. Still not a practical car though, the Mini looks more substantial and sounds better.

The Dogfather
19th April 2008, 09:44 AM
The sloping back on the 500 means it's not a practical by any means, its even worse than the MINI. I can't believe the rusting comments, I can't remember seeing a rusting Fiat in the last 10 years. I can't say the same for BMW.

I wonder whether the 5 year warranty currently being given on the Brava will spread throughout the Fiat range? If it does, that and the trendiness of the 500 should see it challenge the MINIs hold on the premium small car market.

I'm waiting to see how good the Abarth version will be.

KenL
19th April 2008, 04:28 PM
The only thing that Fiats are quick at is rusting :0

Maybe 20 years ago, but they will last as good as any car now.

Burple
19th April 2008, 04:42 PM
Nonsense test! :D:D
If they'd put a sporty Mini against the sporty Fiat, you kno who the winner would be. THey did the same with a Skoda Fabia vrs (the fastest one) a while back against a Cooper. If it was against the fastest mini, the S, the Skoda would be blown away. I don't understand this, they base these tests on the cost, but so many of the other tests they do they say screw the costs, we'll test these wo cars together even thos there's a big difference in in the prices..

:moonie: to Fifth Gear, Long Live Top Gear!! :smilewinkgrin:

KenL
19th April 2008, 07:45 PM

Who also tested a Cooper against a Fabia VRS about 5 years ago ;)

duncan
19th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Nonsense test!

Very true.

You'll have a long time waiting for 1 "normal" car test, let alone 2 on TG though.

The Dogfather
19th April 2008, 08:21 PM
The Fiat tested isn't the sporty Abarth and its priced cheaper so it's a pretty good comparison. The Fabia VRS is actually cheaper than a Cooper so again a good comparison (the VRS isn't overtly sporty).

sedgie
19th April 2008, 09:29 PM
I've seen a few fiats around St Andrews n they look great...i would be very tempted to buy wan!:thumbs up: ...so wot if they not as fast!...."my "t*ts" are still bigger than yer "knob!":p :eyes up: :moonie:

Burple
21st April 2008, 11:44 AM
The Fiat tested isn't the sporty Abarth and its priced cheaper so it's a pretty good comparison. The Fabia VRS is actually cheaper than a Cooper so again a good comparison (the VRS isn't overtly sporty).

Oh I know that.. but it's the 'sportiest' in the Skoda range, While the Cooper isn't.. that's the point I was making.. ;)

..but seriously tho, if you were looking at a moderately sporty car in that price range.. would you seriously choose a Skoda over a Mini? ;);):D

The Dogfather
21st April 2008, 11:47 AM
Oh I know that.. but it's the 'sportiest' in the Skoda range, While the Cooper isn't.. that's the point I was making.. ;)

..but seriously tho, if you were looking at a moderately sporty car in that price range.. would you seriously choose a Skoda over a Mini? ;);):D

Not really as I can afford the extra for a MINI and don't need the extra space, however having driven the Skoda its a good car with plenty of poke.

Stewart
25th May 2008, 06:30 PM
Just started seeing these on the road the last few days , don’t know why it taken so long I seen one in a dealers and really like the 500. Mini wins me over as I have a history with Mini’s but I know someone who had an original

Great looking small car that looks fun to drive.

And don’t tell me its not affecting Mini sales, shocking that Fairbairns is now on the radio advertising there Mini garage.
Talking to the mechanic who has looked after my Honda and when I said Mini he just looked like I had said I’d just given that total stranger 10K for the fun of it. Seroisly over priced wee machines that they are.