PDA

View Full Version : Trainers with wheels in the heel.

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2008, 10:13 PM
No idea what they are called. No doubt there's some cool name given to them by the kids. You know the ones, every 8 to 10 year old is wearing them just now. Shopping center's are awash with these kids flying past balanced precariously on wheels set into the heel of their trainer.:ragin:

Is it just me or do these things look..... unsafe?:hand: And not just as an immediate risk, I'm talking long term. I can imagine these kids when they're in their 80's walking down the street, instead of being stooped forward with an old age hump, they're gonna ba bent backwards with their faces perpendicular to the sky.:frown:

Or am I just getting old?:o

A.:D

Bumble
17th April 2008, 10:32 PM
Andy they are called Wheelies ... and they are a pain in the :moonie: . I keep walking into kids that are wearing them cos I don't know they are moving till I trip over them ... :frown:

Scottie
17th April 2008, 10:34 PM
can't say they bother me to much tbh. In fact honestly usually I am amazed how the kids can "go them" so to speak.:smilewinkgrin:

and yes Andyp it's known as getting old wait until you reach my age.:laugh:

john
17th April 2008, 10:41 PM
No idea what they are called. No doubt there's some cool name given to them by the kids. You know the ones, every 8 to 10 year old is wearing them just now. Shopping center's are awash with these kids flying past balanced precariously on wheels set into the heel of their trainer.:ragin:

Is it just me or do these things look..... unsafe?:hand: And not just as an immediate risk, I'm talking long term. I can imagine these kids when they're in their 80's walking down the street, instead of being stooped forward with an old age hump, they're gonna ba bent backwards with their faces perpendicular to the sky.:frown:

Or am I just getting old?:o

A.:D

Getting old?:eek: so whats with the mini? mid life crisis?:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2008, 11:37 PM
Getting old?:eek: so whats with the mini? mid life crisis?:thumbs up:

Aye, it was either that or a Boxster.:thumbs up:

A.;)

AndyP & Lenore
17th April 2008, 11:38 PM
Andy they are called Wheelies ... and they are a pain in the :moonie: . I keep walking into kids that are wearing them cos I don't know they are moving till I trip over them ... :frown:

Mee tooo. It's like they try to cut in front of you at 20mph, just 'cos they know they can.:ragin: They're not taking into account that at our age it takes us a wee while to slow to a stop so we don't knock them over.:hand:

A.:o

Bazthemod
18th April 2008, 02:10 AM
They annoy me, customers are banned from wearing them at my work but doesnt seem to stop them :argh:

Gismo
18th April 2008, 04:32 AM
Adults will always complain about kids :hand:
Let them enjoy themselves :thumbs up: in my day we had roller skates and i remember terrorising the 'hood :D
And yes, AndyP, you are geting old mate :eyes up: :rolleyes:

euan
18th April 2008, 08:11 AM
I think they look great fun, I'd be well up for having a go on them!

Although some kids do cut it a bit fine when they are wearing them in terms of cutting you up, but like BS says, we used to do it as kids but on the old Grifter (I'm too young to have roller skates, was all blades by then ;-))

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2008, 08:38 AM
We've been running cinemas since the late 70's and in the early 80's when admissions were cripplingly low, we had no choice but to diversify; rip out rows of seats in the stalls, treat the floor, build a DJ deck, purchase 2or 3 hundred pairs of these beauties and you have yourself an instant roller disco venue.

Them were the days.

http://www.shop4skates.com/quad/artistic-skates/Flo.jpg

john
18th April 2008, 09:06 AM
We've been running cinemas since the late 70's and in the early 80's when admissions were cripplingly low, we had no choice but to diversify; rip out rows of seats in the stalls, treat the floor, build a DJ deck, purchase 2or 3 hundred pairs of these beauties and you have yourself an instant roller disco venue.

Them were the days.

http://www.shop4skates.com/quad/artistic-skates/Flo.jpg

Thats a bit posh, we had metal ones (one size fits all) adjusted with a wing nut on the underside then starp them on to your shoes:eek:

And no braking bit on the front either:eek: :eek:

john
18th April 2008, 09:23 AM
This is what we had to use, these (http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=330275&ppid=1122&image=123695879&images=123695730,123695732,123695742,123695879&formats=0,0,0,0&format=0)

Scottie
18th April 2008, 09:30 AM
wait you all dissapoint me.:eyes up: :eyes up:

Roller blades thats girl stuff.:frown:

I had me a boggy(spelling) raced my brothers all the time it was great tuff stuff.

john
18th April 2008, 09:37 AM
wait you all dissapoint me.:eyes up: :eyes up:

Roller blades thats girl stuff.:frown:

I had me a boggy(spelling) raced my brothers all the time it was great tuff stuff.

A cart? carty home made wooden death trap:yes nod: I had one too:thumbs up:

Scottie
18th April 2008, 09:45 AM
A cart? carty home made wooden death trap:yes nod: I had one too:thumbs up:

great wern't they just:thumbs up: my brothers made dam sure I didn't miss out in the fun:eyes up: much to my mothers dismay a couple of broken arms later:yes nod: but I got my revenge managed to brake one of my brothers arm twice:laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2008, 10:00 AM
great wern't they just:thumbs up: my brothers made dam sure I didn't miss out in the fun:eyes up: much to my mothers dismay a couple of broken arms later:yes nod: but I got my revenge managed to brake one of my brothers arm twice:laugh:

lol

In the same day?:eek: :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2008, 10:01 AM
This is what we had to use, these (http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=330275&ppid=1122&image=123695879&images=123695730,123695732,123695742,123695879&formats=0,0,0,0&format=0)

I remember those. They were leathal. No brakes.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Scottie
18th April 2008, 10:06 AM
lol

In the same day?:eek: :smilewinkgrin:

no I never forget I waited my time.

Once when we were fighting who was getting to lick out the bowl (mum was baking) I pushed him of the sink and he fell on to the concrete kitchen floor broke his arm.:yes nod:

second time was even better I lay in wait for him we were timing how long it took to cycle round the outside of the house (it was a big house) he was in the lead and yanking my chain about it, it was the best of 3. So as he came round the corner I jumped out and kicked the bike it went shooting down the wall onto the lower path that went round the house he broke his arm.:laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
18th April 2008, 10:08 AM
:eek: :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you Fi.:hand:

A.

monkimagic
18th April 2008, 08:38 PM
They are called healies you old farts:p

This guys is my kinda dad!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8467028689681427082