PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had Plantar Fascitis

Scottie
13th April 2008, 07:38 PM
I've got it start physio Tuesday.

OMG how painful is this been getting bother since December but last couple of weeks just awful really.

Hope this works.

AndyP & Lenore
13th April 2008, 07:53 PM
I had one Fi.

The ticket said "water daily and keep in a shady spot - not suitable for outdoors".

Followed the instructions to the letter. It still died.:(

A.:D

The Bull
14th April 2008, 08:14 PM
Mine is just getting better. I bought myself a pair of Spenco insoles with high arches, took the stress off the arches which in turn relieved the pain. Not straight away but over a period of time.

Really sore first thing in the morning? First few steps excruciating? Place your feet flat on the ground with the sore one slightly behind heel of the other one. Put your hands on something and push your knee (on the sore side) downwards to stretch the sole of the foot. Repeat it a couple of times and you'll find this should ease the pain a bit. Do this as much as you like throughout the day and it will help.

Ibuprofen helps too but I wasn't really into taking that every day.

I bought my insoles here.

http://www.physioroom.com/catalog/Plantar_Fasciitis_Arch_Supports/2899.html

Scottie
14th April 2008, 09:02 PM
Mine is just getting better. I bought myself a pair of Spenco insoles with high arches, took the stress off the arches which in turn relieved the pain. Not straight away but over a period of time.

Really sore first thing in the morning? First few steps excruciating? Place your feet flat on the ground with the sore one slightly behind heel of the other one. Put your hands on something and push your knee (on the sore side) downwards to stretch the sole of the foot. Repeat it a couple of times and you'll find this should ease the pain a bit. Do this as much as you like throughout the day and it will help.

Ibuprofen helps too but I wasn't really into taking that every day.

I bought my insoles here.

http://www.physioroom.com/catalog/Plantar_Fasciitis_Arch_Supports/2899.html

I have tried the insoles but they 100% make my arches ache this may be down to me having flat feet:o but I can't stand the aching arch almost feels like the start of cramp then mix that with my heel pain. It's not great after walking my dogs I can not stand on my heel at all. Could take pain killers but not really me.

FergusM
15th April 2008, 01:34 PM
My wife is an Orthotist, she deals with it day in / out... , if you want I can arrange that you can have a chat with her on what can / cannot be done. Just PM me if you want to chat and I will give you my home number

euan
15th April 2008, 02:32 PM
Fi, ibuprofen reduces swelling, which would help. I had something similar for a while when I was playing a lot of hockey, and that helped a lot.

FergusM
15th April 2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Fi,

I'm Fergus M's wife. As an othotist I reccommend the following:

Weight loss if appropriate.
Gentle calf stretches.
No flat shoes or barefoot, try wear slightly higher heels.
Try silicone shock absorbing heel pads. Boots may stock these.
R.I.C.E. Rest as much as possible, apply Ice packs to the painful area, Compression bandage may help, Elevation
Ibroprofen ( or other anti inflammatories ) can help.
If it is no better in 6 weeks having followed the above advise then get referred to an orthotist or podiatrist.

If your very flat footed you would benefit from bespoke orthotic inlays made from a cast/impression of your feet. Flat feet don't function well biomechanically and can lead to all sorts of aches and pains.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Liz

Scottie
15th April 2008, 08:57 PM
Weight loss if appropriate. yes I need to do that

Gentle calf stretches. just started doing that

No flat shoes or barefoot, try wear slightly higher heels. wear flat shoes all the time now as anything with heels make it worse but will try

Try silicone shock absorbing heel pads. Boots may stock these. will do

R.I.C.E. Rest as much as possible, apply Ice packs to the painful area, Compression bandage may help, Elevation
Ibroprofen ( or other anti inflammatories ) can help. will do
If it is no better in 6 weeks having followed the above advise then get referred to an orthotist or podiatrist. Can't do much about rest at the moment with Allan going for reconstruction of his AC ligament out every night for a 2 hour walk with the dogs but I will reduce this to a 1 hour walk.

If your very flat footed you would benefit from bespoke orthotic inlays made from a cast/impression of your feet. Flat feet don't function well biomechanically and can lead to all sorts of aches and pains. got told that today by the physio after she saw my feet:o

Any questions feel free to ask. I can't help but relate all this to a trauma I suffered to my ankle back in July 2006 have been having problems ever since but kept not going to see about it.

But once those dam doctors or physio's have poked right on the point causing the pain it's awful for hours afterwards, they can't just poke once they have got to do it twice.:ragin:

Scottie
15th April 2008, 09:06 PM
oh what is a orthotist :o :o I know I should know but I don't.

john
15th April 2008, 09:10 PM
oh what is a orthotist :o :o I know I should know but I don't.

I have written a we bit about it for you here...http://www.oandp.org/jpo/library/1990_03_177.asp :thumbs up:

Scottie
6th May 2008, 04:24 PM
ARGH!!!!:argh: :argh: :argh: :frown: :frown:

today the physio told me to wear good motion control traniers 24/7. That will look great at work lovely bright white trainers .:argh: :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
6th May 2008, 05:30 PM
Here ya go Fi...

http://platinumgalleria.com/heelys-glitz-9119-c.jpg

A.:thumbs up:

Scottie
6th May 2008, 08:35 PM
^^ I was only thinking about those today.:D

FergusM
6th May 2008, 08:58 PM
So you doing the rest of what my wife told you ???

...she would just tell you off if not obeying her...does it allllll the time to me as I never listen... ;)

Scottie
6th May 2008, 09:21 PM
So you doing the rest of what my wife told you ???

...she would just tell you off if not obeying her...does it allllll the time to me as I never listen... ;)

nope not done a thing yet.:blush: :blush:

Not been good the past couple of weeks to much to do.

However I'm starting tonight :thumbs up: