PDA

View Full Version : Help - Alarm & Boot/Bonnet warning light

DNV122
10th March 2004, 07:48 AM
Last night my alarm went off twice, just after I got home.

Then this morning the warning light for boot/bonnet open came on when I started up and would not go off (even after opening and closing doors and boot/bonnet twice).

Strangely, when i came home from work, no sign of the warning light - any thoughts or do i have a ghost (hopefullt friendly).

GAJ
10th March 2004, 05:38 PM
I had the same problem a while back. I had slightly unscrewed the rubber block's that are fitted to the tailgate to stop it rattling but had unscrewed them a wee bit too far. This fooled the sensor into thinking that the tailgate was not properly closed. I screwed them back a half turn and all was well. Even if you haven't touched yours it might be worth a wee look if you can't find any other cause.

DNV122
12th March 2004, 07:09 AM
Gary,

Where's the sensor ? I probably knocked this when washing and polishing the car on Saturday.

Wul
12th March 2004, 04:51 PM
DNV - I think the sensor is mounted in the boot latch itself so you must be doing some extreme polishing to bump it!;)

GAJ
12th March 2004, 06:07 PM
I dunno where the sensor is, I suspect Wul is right though. You may have moved the rubber bumpers on the inside of the tailgate though.