PDA

View Full Version : Mini Keyring

ace_dude
7th April 2008, 10:39 PM
Hey all, I was getting some mods done to my MC today and the bloke in the garage (not mini) said the plastic bit off the keyring has a use. I was intriged.... can anyone enlighten me as to what this could be?

:)

ace_dude
7th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Also.... while I'm asking questions... can you turn off the automatic door locks, is there a way of disabling this option? This may be in the manual but I'm too lazy to look. :p

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2008, 10:46 PM
Hey all, I was getting some mods done to my MC today and the bloke in the garage (not mini) said the plastic bit off the keyring has a use. I was intriged.... can anyone enlighten me as to what this could be?

:)

What kind of key ring do you have? Is it the one thats part orange rubber, part metal?

A.

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2008, 10:48 PM
Also.... while I'm asking questions... can you turn off the automatic door locks, is there a way of disabling this option? This may be in the manual but I'm too lazy to look. :p

I think for 04 model's you would need to have that configured by the dealer. If you go back to Eastern and mention that you didn't realise it did that and you would prefer it didn't, they may well do it for you for nowt..... Worth asking anyway.

A.;)

ace_dude
7th April 2008, 10:52 PM
What kind of key ring do you have? Is it the one thats part orange rubber, part metal?

A.

Yeah that is the exact one mate. :)

AndyP & Lenore
7th April 2008, 11:11 PM
I cannae think what the wee rubbery bit could be used for.

Picking your nose, maybe?

Not a clue. Sorry.:o Was the guy maybe having you on?

A.:D

vintageb3
7th April 2008, 11:17 PM
You take the plastic off the keyring and put it over the Mini badge on the boot or the bonnet so that you can polish the badge with the badge polish available at dealers. Part No is YRANUMPTY

mark;) :D

ace_dude
8th April 2008, 01:49 PM
LOL maybe I am a numpty but I'm a curious one! :D

vintageb3
8th April 2008, 03:22 PM
LOL maybe I am a numpty but I'm a curious one! :D

Wasn't directed at you Duuudddeee...more at me ole pal Andy:eek: :D

He knows how I like to pull legs.....until they fall off...and the foot hits me in the mouth:eek: ;) :)

mark

john
8th April 2008, 03:37 PM
It's designed for the MINI and on the first of them you removed the rubber and lodged it in the Apex Valve to set the perameters of the wedge.

However few people ever used it and it was not an option on later cars but the design was kept for the key ring.

AndyP & Lenore
8th April 2008, 03:42 PM
It's designed for the MINI and on the first of them you removed the rubber and lodged it in the Apex Valve to set the perameters of the wedge.

However few people ever used it and it was not an option on later cars but the design was kept for the key ring.

Yeah. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.:D

Gismo
8th April 2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.:DSheesh, how long you been buying Mini's :rolleyes: everyone knows about the Apex Valve, worked on my first cooper and latterly on my R53 S :)

Burple
8th April 2008, 04:32 PM
the Apex Valve

The what now?? <checks date> ;);):D:D

Gismo
8th April 2008, 04:38 PM
Erm, before the mods intervene, i think this has gone way off topic, sorry ace dude :o

Livi
8th April 2008, 04:45 PM
Ive used it once as a bottle opener :p :D

But to tell you the truth....

i dunno what its really for, but its got a use :cool: