PDA

View Full Version : m3 conversion

minidriver#1
10th March 2004, 02:32 AM
well, went in and asked around and frankly i dont even want to say what they all thought. lol. Its never gonna happen. They said that if i was in the BMW racing team then it would be fine, plus warranty would still be intact! how cool is that, shame its would cost me most of my body parts.

sh@z
10th March 2004, 02:58 AM
you not willing to sell ur body for the m3 conversion ;) i for one dinny believe that hahaha

Mini Martyn
10th March 2004, 03:28 AM
But i am sure that he would sell his "body" to pay for it!! :D:D

minidriver#1
10th March 2004, 03:35 AM
Martyn, that wouldnt be a problem. lol. by the way, about sunday, i over slept :( didnt get up till just after 12 :( sorry man.

Julz
10th March 2004, 04:20 AM
KJ, I'll sell your bosy for an M3 conversion!!!;):D

minidriver#1
10th March 2004, 04:33 AM
pimp me pimp me

zimbo
10th March 2004, 04:39 AM
ha ha ha ha :D

macblob
10th March 2004, 05:07 AM
10 bob enough for an m3 conversion????

minidriver#1
10th March 2004, 06:29 AM
nope.

Wul
10th March 2004, 05:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

10 bob enough for an m3 conversion????

Only if it "comes" with a free ripped Beano!:p:evil:

Quik_Mini
10th March 2004, 10:12 PM
Right, well this is going to be a pretty long post so bear with me :)

KJ, one of my mates Chris has just recently branched off from M-Developments looking to start his own tuning company. M-Developments was run by Chris and his brother Barry, and are one of the most respected tuning companies they have successfully made 3 of the fastest Saxo's in the world and have never had any complaints from any customers (check any saxo forums if you want to check up on this :) )

Currently myself and Chris are working on a Rotrex engine conversion for my Mini which will take it to 300bhp with no effort, and we would happily give you a hand with yours, so if you are intersted just take a look at some of the ideas I will put below.

1. M3 Conversion

There are 2 ways you could work this, keep your current mini engine and put the M3 engine in the back or sell your current mini engine and put the M3 one in the back (its never ever ever fitting in the front for less than 10k minimum)

If you chose to go with keeping both you would have a 4wd 500bhp mini which would basically keep up with anything, this personally is what I would choose but it is the more expensive choice.

What we would do there is buy an M3 engine off a BMW breakers for say (£5000 is assume it will be) then we would need to find a good engineering workshop that could make all your brackets etc that you need and that can alter the original mini box to the same ratios as the M3 box.

There would be 2 different starter motors enabling you to turn the M3 engine on or off as you wish.

Also if you wanted to take it to exremes, you could take out your cooper engine and put a cooper s one in £1k then rotrex it taking it to 300bhp and also stick a rotrex on the m3 engine taking it to 500bhp then you would have a 800bhp 4wd mini (insanity) but you are talking 15-20k for that.

Fitting is a piece of piss really, just drop me an e-mail if you are interested, don't ever listen to people that say it cant be done because they generally dont have a clue what they are talking about. Who ever said that a skyline would be able to reach 1000bhp when it was 1st released.

2. Rotrex Conversion

Or you could go for the same kind of thing that I am going for which will set you back around £5k.

Take out your cooper engine and sell that to a breakers for £1000 and buy a cooper s engine for £1600 we can fit the S engine in a day with no hassles. Then we can put the rotrex kit on it, Rotrex charger, sierra cosworth intercooler, MF2, Sigcon, Dastek and air to fuel ratio meter to control the fuelant. Cooper s engine already has forged pistons so they should be able to handle it. You can get a new AP Racing clutch plate, fitting the original cover for 150, the Cooper s gearbox should be able to handle it, if it can't (no real way to tell) this will be a tad more expensive, new gearboxes are lots and lots of money. Basically all in you could get it to 300bhp with little effort and 5k

If you are interested in either of these just drop me an e-mail and I will see what we can do :) hope this helps m8

Quik

minidriver#1
11th March 2004, 01:48 AM
i'll definately be in touch! thanks man.

Quik_Mini
11th March 2004, 04:12 AM
No problems mate, more than happy to help :)

Wul
11th March 2004, 07:59 PM
:eek:OMG!:eek: A 800bhp MINI - now that would be something! Reminds of seeing a Golf with 2 VR6 motors in it F&B - but a MINI!

Do your think you'd still get a service done under the TLC pack?:p:evil:;):D

Big Gordy
11th March 2004, 08:13 PM
Remember Tiff with the twin Hayabusa engined Westfield :p Fastest accelerating car ever (until he threw a rod in one of the motors :p:D:approve:

Moonshine
11th March 2004, 10:23 PM
pretty sure it was a twin zx9r engined tiger....

gerry:)

sh@z
12th March 2004, 12:00 AM
i think i rem seeing something about a classic mini with twin hyabusa engines driving the rear wheels ... was mental heh

Burple
12th March 2004, 12:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by sh@z

i think i rem seeing something about a classic mini with twin hyabusa engines driving the rear wheels ... was mental heh

Yeah..
It was in Miniworld Mag a few months back.
Saw it on the Track at castle Combe last September..
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's a wee bit quick!!! 350 bhp quick!! :eek::D:D:D

sh@z
12th March 2004, 01:42 AM
yeah it was on driven or 5th gear one week aswell... cos i saw em test driving it and it was undriveable wheelspins everywhere and stuff... bit of tweaking had to be done i thinks lol

Quik_Mini
12th March 2004, 09:23 PM
Heh that twin engined original mini would be my mate Chris (not sure if it will have been the one you saw, but he has one as well), currently working on the 2 busa engines, think he is actually trying to get them each turboed to 350bhp as well. Lol twin busa engined 700bhp original mini, should be fun if the car holds together. We have toyed with the idea of making it a party car and putting the engine in the back, backwards, so when you put the foot down the car splits in 2, then a couple of spot welds puts it back together again :) but thats us just being comical while not really in the right state of mind :)