PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie!

Laineee
1st April 2008, 11:58 PM
Hi all

Have just taken delivery of my very first Mini - a rather gorgeous Cooper in Lightning Blue. Been having lots of fun over the last few days, only have one slight issue getting my iPod to work with the USB., which I need to phone the dealer about tomorrow. Other than that, have just scared myself silly by looking on the Mini2 forum at the problems people have had - tell me that they're not all like that please!!!

Laineee

Scottie
2nd April 2008, 12:00 AM
your ok with the Cooper it is just the S where some problems are.

AndyP & Lenore
2nd April 2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome Laineee. That was quick. Only authorised you 5 mins ago.;)

Don't worry about the problems, as Scottiedoop says they are really to do with the S rather than the Cooper.

If you have any pics of your MINI, do share.;)

A.:D

Laineee
2nd April 2008, 12:10 AM
What can I say, been trawling all night to find the answer to my USB issue and clearly don't have a life any more!! :)

Quite glad to hear that it's mostly the S that's had issues - I've had a bad experience before with a car and didn't really want to go through it again.

No pics yet, but I'm working on it!

Laineee

Bumble
2nd April 2008, 12:19 AM
Welcome to NMS land ... BIG WAVE!

Colin
2nd April 2008, 12:41 AM
Welcome to the site. :D

Gismo
2nd April 2008, 04:37 AM
Welcome to the site :) glad you found your way here :D
On the USB issue, do you have the right cable?? i'm sure you can't use the standard iPod cable, it's a different one, if you post a question in the mods forum or PM mikeythemini he'll be able to help you :)

stoney
2nd April 2008, 07:56 AM
welcome to the madhouse

Craig
2nd April 2008, 08:35 AM
Welcome. :)

I stay in Denny so I will keep an eye out for you round the area.. ;)

Get yourself on a run/meet, they are great fun and people are really friendly. :D

Craig
2nd April 2008, 08:39 AM
on your Ipod issue, did you get the ipod connector from MINI fitted?

if not, on the R56 model there is a 3.5mm jack point right underneath the centre console which you can just plug into and plug straight into the headphone socket on your ipod. It will play through your stereo, you just have to change the songs on the ipod itself, rather than through the stereo.

If it is the Ipod connector you got from MINI, I would contact the dealer to get it sorted. :)

Hope this helps :)

gauldrymini
2nd April 2008, 10:35 AM
Hi Lainee

I am also new to the forum and have managed to get myself booked on a run already! I think the USB connection needs a BMW USB - AUX 3.5mm cable (a 2 lead type thing). I seem to recall it has to be ordered from BMW.
PS don't have one but read about it on MINI2 forum

I use a 3.5mm cable into the AUX port with my nano and it works well although it does not charge the damn ipod!

Andrew

Mini Ecosse
2nd April 2008, 01:07 PM
Welcome :) :)
Stephen & Allyson

Laineee
2nd April 2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks everyone!! Might try to get myself along to a meet at some point, although I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up (my last car was *cough* a Yaris so not really suitable for 'spirited' driving) :o

The dealer is looking into the USB issue - I think I probably do need the BMW cable, but the dealer has never heard of it! Also, it's not the iPod connector I have, but the dealer fitted full USB option, that apparently doesn't work with a run of the mill USB cable! :)

Laineee

Craig
2nd April 2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone!! Might try to get myself along to a meet at some point, although I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up (my last car was *cough* a Yaris so not really suitable for 'spirited' driving) :o

Laineee

don't be too concerned about keeping up. Most runs are at a fairly normal pace so even a yaris would keep up. ;) we will make sure your happy dinnae worry. :D

Duncan Stewart
3rd April 2008, 08:15 PM
:D Hi and Welcome :D

The Dogfather
3rd April 2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome :D

Gismo
4th April 2008, 05:16 AM
The dealer is looking into the USB issue - I think I probably do need the BMW cable, but the dealer has never heard of it! Also, it's not the iPod connector I have, but the dealer fitted full USB option, that apparently doesn't work with a run of the mill USB cable! :)

LaineeeYou definitely need a BMW USB Cable to fit your iPod, that's if you want to be able to control it through the steering wheel controls :)
Try one of the sponsors for more advice ;)

Laineee
5th April 2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks - got one ordered from the dealership and should be able to pick it up next week. Hopefully that'll sort me out!

Laineee

Crombers
11th April 2008, 09:32 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

AeroJonny
16th April 2008, 06:00 PM
sounds like the usb cable is for data exchange and charging, while the headphone jack does the sound.

N12 JLK
16th April 2008, 06:06 PM
Welcome, any pics:thumbs up: