PDA

View Full Version : Dublin advice

euan
9th March 2004, 07:57 PM
I'm after some advice please (no kitchen appliances this time...)

I've booked a weekend away for me and my other half to Dublin this weekend. While I know all the main places to go, anyone got any other advice as to stuff to see, stuff to avoid, where to eat and drink?

Staying near St Stephens Green if thats any help.

GAJ
9th March 2004, 08:36 PM
The Guinness Storehouse is really good, but you probably knew that!

Monsta Mo Mini
9th March 2004, 09:08 PM
If you're into historical stuff Kilmainham Jail (Name of the Father and the prison scenes from the Italian Job were filmed there) is well worth a visit and if you want some real Irish music (not the plastic type found around Temple Bar) the head out to O'Donague's (towards Baggot Street Bridge, 5 mins from St Stephen's Green).

Julz
9th March 2004, 09:18 PM
Food, drink everything, there's a great pub called Fitzsimmons, it's in the Temple Bar area, we spent one sunday there from opening til closing!! SUPERB!!

Wul
9th March 2004, 10:17 PM
The Bad Ass Cafe in Temple bar is good for lunch!

Usual recommendation - get on the red bus tour early and spend the day hopping on and off various parts of the city.

Willie M
10th March 2004, 04:47 PM
What GAJ said, it's really worth a visit :approve:
Also, if your into music, the IMHF (Irish Music Hall of Fame) is well worth a visit. Can't remember the street name just now but it's just off O'Connell Street.

GAJ
10th March 2004, 05:41 PM
Cheryl went over to Dublin this morning, but as it's with work she won't be going to any pubs.;)

Aye righhhtt!:clown:

Tahra
10th March 2004, 10:32 PM
Go and see the mummies ( genuine ones !) theyre in the basement of a wee church, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but its on the other side of the Liffey not quite level with the storehouse....Just remembered theyre in St Michan's.