PDA

View Full Version : Where's Mili??

Julz
9th March 2004, 06:07 AM
Just received my April issue of GoMini and was disgusted to find no Mili!!! Alan, what's going on??:eek::(

Gismo
9th March 2004, 06:51 AM
No idea :mad: was told at the time of the photo shoot that even though they take many pictures and hold an interview there is no guarantee when the car will feature :disapprove:

minidriver#1
9th March 2004, 06:57 AM
thats a bit harsh. they feature the destruction of a perfectly good mini, but leave out something that actually has purpose :( hopefully next issue?

Monsta Mo Mini
9th March 2004, 08:51 AM
It's a conspiracy!!!!

They seem to be in league with MINI2Mini.org. Is it coincidence that so far, 2 of their commitee members have featured with what are basically standard cars? mmmmmm....<scratches chin in meaningful manner> very disappointing!

They're featuring heavily on US cars aswell...I guess the publishers know what side of the pond their bread is going to get buttered from...

Willie M
9th March 2004, 04:39 PM
:( No fair. Was looking forward to seeing the feature on Alan's car.

Julz
9th March 2004, 04:53 PM
Instead they've obvioulsy decided to show the more practicle many containing 36 subs and bog all back seats!!:mad::mad:
Poor Mili!!:(:(

seany
9th March 2004, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Just received my April issue of GoMini and was disgusted to find no Mili!!! Alan, what's going on??:eek::(

i was going to ask that and what about new mini scotland, maybe next time.

Mini Cruiser
10th March 2004, 12:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

It's a conspiracy!!!!

They seem to be in league with MINI2Mini.org. Is it coincidence that so far, 2 of their commitee members have featured with what are basically standard cars? mmmmmm....<scratches chin in meaningful manner> very disappointing!

They're featuring heavily on US cars aswell...I guess the publishers know what side of the pond their bread is going to get buttered from...

Excuse me but my car if far from standard! infact i am totally insulted by ur harsh remark :disapprove::( I have spent over 10k on modifications how can you call my car standard? Which will be even more soon as i have a unit full of parts that are waiting to be fitted. :mad:

The fact that 2 cars have been feature and the owners use MINI2mini has nothing to do with them getting a feature.

Alan, i also think that them saying that the interview and pictures doesnt guarentee a feature is not nice, hopefully we will see your car in next issue :)

cheeky
10th March 2004, 02:03 AM
whoahh.... calm down there Clarey :hugs:
I'm not sure monsta was being *entirely* serious. :)

Anyhoo...
Much as i might like M2m to be "in bed" with GO MINI, I can assure you they are not. I think that M2m was unknown to them when Clare was featured. Admittedly Chris's car was pretty standard, he'd be the first to agree with that.

However, you might be on something with the regional thing and that is a real shame. *All* the BMC shows are all based around the Midlands and the South, as is the big A&S event (MITP) and also the MiniWorld events. Most of the race tracks (silverstone, donnington, mallory, brands, rockingham) and drag strips (santa pod, shakespeare county) that are used for events by these bigger groups are also around the midlands and the south. I guess this is where a lot of the visibility and networking goes on.

I'm from manchester and it pisses me off that its all going on "down south"; God only knows how you *real* northerners feel about it.

Monsta Mo Mini
10th March 2004, 02:36 AM
quote:Excuse me but my car if far from standard! infact i am totally insulted by ur harsh remark I have spent over 10k on modifications how can you call my car standard? Which will be even more soon as i have a unit full of parts that are waiting to be fitted.

Oops!:I Sorry MC, didn't mean to cause any offense, I think your car is braw :D - I was merely venting my frustration at the lack of coverage afforded to the new MINI community at large. I think Cheeky may be onto something though..:I

Mini Cruiser
10th March 2004, 03:21 AM
apology accepted :)

Monsta Mo Mini
10th March 2004, 07:17 AM
Has there been any word that GoMINI are going to cover some of the bigger events down your nick o'the woods?

Tahra
10th March 2004, 05:20 PM
Glad to see its all friendly again !:approve: Real shame you weren't there Alan, went through the whole mag twice thinking Id missed you, pausing only for nacky Keyrings and closing jaw after seeing the subwoofer-filled boot.
Is there any point in putting more "Northern" stuff forward for the meets column ?

Burple
10th March 2004, 08:23 PM
quote:
I'm from manchester and it pisses me off that its all going on "down south"; God only knows how you *real* northerners feel about it.

That's why we're all *HERE*! :D:D:D:D:D
Power to the people!

<dons his 'Citizen Smith' Beret>

(If you have to ask.... you're too young!!!!) ;););):cool::cool: