PDA

View Full Version : Last Day in My Job

ianking
28th March 2008, 03:07 PM
Last day in my Job here. Only been at this place for 7 months and I really like it, like the work, like the people and I like the conditions.

I wasnt looking for a job but I got a call from another company a couple months ago who talked me into going for a chat with them. I turned down their offer of employment but they re-offered and it would have been daft to have said no.

I really hope I have done the right thing. My boss here has said that if it doesnt work out and my old job is still vacant then I can come back.

I never fealt like this when I left my last job as I hated the place.
Going out for drinkies with folk from my old place tonight.

illegalhunter
28th March 2008, 03:14 PM
Headhunted, always makes sense to go.

ianking
28th March 2008, 03:16 PM
yeah I suppose it does. I did go in twice and see the folk that I will be working with. I just dred that it will be like the last place I worked at, they were a bunch of total wan*er$

Big Gordy
28th March 2008, 03:50 PM
I know how you feel Ian:eek: I was head hunted once and ended up being paid-off 9 months later:mad: Having said that I wouldn't be where I am today if it hadn't happening:rolleyes: Sometimes you have to go backwards to go forwards;) :D

ianking
28th March 2008, 04:06 PM
Its more pennies obviously and its only 5 mins drive from my house and they are going to pay for me to become a chartered engineer so everything works out in my favour that way.

The place I am here though gives me flexi time and great working environment, Im pretty much my own boss here. My actual boss just leaves me to it and I update them once a week.

I wont be getting flexi time at the new place and I doubt I will be left to my own devices quite so much but maybe in the future I will come back here.

Scottie
28th March 2008, 05:52 PM
I think it great news for you. Specially at your young age sounds like a move in the right direction. Well done it's great so see young folk getting on.:D :D

Me I'm counting my days till I finish for the summer.:cool:

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:21 PM
Well done Ian.. :)

I start with a new company on Tues (April the 1st... what a STUPID day to do that..:rolleyes: )

essentially nothing will change at the moment as our T & C are protected by TUPE, but we have been told that this could change anytime as there is no set period...

New employers... HERE (http://http://www.spsa.police.uk/) :eek:

Fingers crossed I don't get a transfer to Weegieville or Edinburger as I prefer where I am as it is close to home and really handy for me. :o

Gismo
28th March 2008, 06:27 PM
Good luck in the new venture Ian :)

Bumble
28th March 2008, 06:34 PM
Good luck with being the new lad!

stoney
28th March 2008, 06:44 PM
good luck hope all gose well

AndyP & Lenore
28th March 2008, 08:14 PM
Ian, just remember if they ask you to go to the janitors room and wait for a long stand, it's not necessarily, what you think it is.:eek: :D ;)

A.:D

ianking
29th March 2008, 07:44 PM
Yes I start on the 1st April as well. I hope its not just a big joke. :eek: