PDA

View Full Version : Polished Bliss Open Day

ianking
28th March 2008, 10:19 AM
Hi folks

Im Aberdeen bound tomorrow and was going to pop over to Polished Bliss for a lookie. Just noticed on their web site they have an open day on tomorrow which is even better, special offers etc and demos. :D

Anyone going or anyone fancy going?

rpn
28th March 2008, 01:56 PM
I may drop by in the afternoon.

ianking
28th March 2008, 02:04 PM
Have you been to their unit before?

I have never been but I enjoy reading their write ups on detailing world and I have ordered quite alot of stuff from them.

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:12 PM
nope, not going to Aberdeen tomorrow, but will probably visit the Granite City one day.. :)

mind Ian, when you get there, just sign on the dotted line - you cannae take it with you.. :rolleyes: :D

stoney
28th March 2008, 06:47 PM
i will be a bit busy with the old firm match to be driving any where :D ;)

Scottie
28th March 2008, 07:23 PM
can you buy me some stuff

RyanK
28th March 2008, 07:40 PM
Polished bliss also offered NMS to have a demo day when I visited, didn't think it would of went down so well with abdy so I said I wasnt sure.

There were 5 places left a couple of months back for this demo day, and they are open to car clubs like us.

Scottie
28th March 2008, 11:42 PM
can you check out the raceglaze 55.

ianking
29th March 2008, 07:56 PM
Fiona,

I picked up your Raceglaze 55.

Will you be in Edinburgh area at somepoint soon or will I see you next at the run at the start of May?

Scottie
29th March 2008, 10:12 PM
Fiona,

I picked up your Raceglaze 55.

Will you be in Edinburgh area at somepoint soon or will I see you next at the run at the start of May?

Allan said he would arrange to get the stuff and pay you one night this week.

Which night would be best for you. Not sure if he knows where you stay.

ianking
29th March 2008, 10:27 PM
I will be around at the house on Monday.
Dont start my new job until Tues so going to spend Monday cleaning the cars.

Alan has been at the house before when we swaped over the hi-fi stuf.

Scottie
29th March 2008, 10:31 PM
I will be around at the house on Monday.
Dont start my new job until Tues so going to spend Monday cleaning the cars.

Alan has been at the house before when we swaped over the hi-fi stuf.

that will work ok as we are on holiday Monday. He will phone you tomorrow for a time.

I'll not be there as I'm shopping with my mother.:D

Scottie
29th March 2008, 10:32 PM
How was the day anyway?

What did you buy.??

ianking
29th March 2008, 10:39 PM
No probs. Give me a ring tomorrow then.

I bought one of their new wheel cleaning brushes, a couple of megs generic bottles and chem resistant sprayers, lambs wool wash mit, micro fibre wash mit, poorboys leather stuff and Jeffs prime strong.

I was only able to go for an hour as I was some time at JC garage and we needed to leave at 2 as my mate needed to be back down the road. He was driving.

Scottie
29th March 2008, 10:45 PM
No probs. Give me a ring tomorrow then.

I bought one of their new wheel cleaning brushes, a couple of megs generic bottles and chem resistant sprayers, lambs wool wash mit, micro fibre wash mit, poorboys leather stuff and Jeffs prime strong.

I was only able to go for an hour as I was some time at JC garage and we needed to leave at 2 as my mate needed to be back down the road. He was driving.

Ok no probs will call tomorrow.

Have thought about buying some of the Jeffs stuff but as we are only detailing our own cars we don't really have the need for much other than wax.;) you can never wax to much.;) Hopefully this will layer ok. I'm sure I read on detailing world that it layers well fingers crossed. You didn't happen to ask about RaceGlaze 55 hoping it's good at the price.

ianking
29th March 2008, 10:58 PM
I asked if they thought it was better than a similar priced Zymol Carbon and they rekon that it is similar to the next up Zymol which I am sure sells for about £150. Rich wasnt sure yet however if the raceglaze will work on black plastics where as Zymol wax does.

You will need to let me know how you get on with it.

Scottie
31st March 2008, 09:15 AM
Allan is on route to you now Ian.:D

He can't wait to get back and try this wax out as the weather is looking good for a detailing day. I'll ask him to do my x-trail also.:D :D

Scottie
31st March 2008, 09:16 PM
Ian,

Allan used the Race 55 this afternoon. We are both really impressed very good wax easy to use. Gave a very deep shine and wet look. The black roof of the Mini was :cool: :cool: and the X-trail dark silver colour really brought it out and you'll know how hard it is get anything decent out of silver.

ianking
1st April 2008, 07:11 PM
Good stuff.

It was goos catching up with Alan yesterday and getting to see your new mini. I love pace alloys.

I may have to purchase a tub of that wax then. Did you like that you got a free drying towel with it. :D

Scottie
1st April 2008, 07:44 PM
Good stuff.

It was goos catching up with Alan yesterday and getting to see your new mini. I love pace alloys.

I may have to purchase a tub of that wax then. Did you like that you got a free drying towel with it. :D

That was a drying towel:eek: :eek: I thought i was a polishing cloth:o :o I used it to polish round the house it worked a treat.:p :p

AndyP & Lenore
1st April 2008, 08:01 PM
Ian/Fi, I'm interested in this Raceglaze 55 stuff, but can you open another thread as this is sort of drifting off it's original topic.:o

Ta.:D

Scottie
1st April 2008, 08:03 PM
Ian/Fi, I'm interested in this Raceglaze 55 stuff, but can you open another thread as this is sort of drifting off it's original topic.:o

Ta.:D

Nut.:p :p Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.:D

ianking
1st April 2008, 08:25 PM
Fi

this is the towel that polished bliss gave free with your raceglaze.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-ultimate-mega-towel-protect.html

Scottie
1st April 2008, 08:29 PM
Fi

this is the towel that polished bliss gave free with your raceglaze.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/poorboys-ultimate-mega-towel-protect.html

aye thats the one but you said drying towel which got me wondering. Allan used it yesterday on the Mini to take the wax off. I like the Sonus ones and I'm just about ready to buy that new one from carwasnwax that they posted about recently. Most of my MF are pakshack which are very good indeed. Just washed them all last night after a long soak in the nappy bucket.

N12 JLK
1st April 2008, 10:08 PM
Fiona, remember a while back you gave me some red wax for the wed MINI, was that Zymol?

Scottie
1st April 2008, 10:50 PM
Fiona, remember a while back you gave me some red wax for the wed MINI, was that Zymol?

was it you I gave it to. If your not using it can you pass it on to Andyp and yes it's Zymol.

AndyP & Lenore
1st April 2008, 11:39 PM
<<<<<<Thought his ears were burning so looked in to see what was being said.

OOOOoh. What was it Fi?

A.:D

N12 JLK
2nd April 2008, 05:36 PM
was it you I gave it to. If your not using it can you pass it on to Andyp and yes it's Zymol.

well if you want the truth i dropped it when we were moving and it splatted over the drive, sorry:mad: :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd April 2008, 07:41 PM
well if you want the truth i dropped it when we were moving and it splatted over the drive, sorry:mad: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scottie
2nd April 2008, 07:53 PM

well it can only be used on red cars anyway.

You should have collected what was not on your drive and still in the pot and melted it in a pan and when it was in nice liquid form poured it into another container and put it in the fridge. That was a £60 wax.:mad: :D

N12 JLK
2nd April 2008, 08:11 PM
On the day of the move I had no fridge as it was on a van, I was waiting for the house to exchange so I wouldn't have been able to resurrect the wax and give it CPR. What if I was to skin loads of baby bells and pass the skins off as the wax to Andy.:p ;)

Scottie
2nd April 2008, 08:17 PM
On the day of the move I had no fridge as it was on a van, I was waiting for the house to exchange so I wouldn't have been able to resurrect the wax and give it CPR. What if I was to skin loads of baby bells and pass the skins off as the wax to Andy.:p ;)

that'll do,:D

N12 JLK
2nd April 2008, 08:34 PM
Ok I will pop into Tesco tomorrow and get them.