PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt Install

Gismo
26th March 2008, 06:57 PM
After getting the New Mini Recaros fitted into Wee Dougie, i thought i'd see about giving me a wee bit more room to allow the seats to go back further:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Offside1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Wee%20Dougie/Nearside1.jpg

ianking
26th March 2008, 07:27 PM
So there is about the same leg room in the rear as a new mini then. :D

Gismo
26th March 2008, 07:36 PM
So there is about the same leg room in the rear as a new mini then. :D
Yep, for those who have spotted it, the rear bins have been reduced in length and the seat belt anchor points have been retained, albeit they are further back too :)
Well chuffed :cool:

Craig
26th March 2008, 08:28 PM
looking good. :D

is he getting out to play on a run soon ?:rolleyes:

vintageb3
26th March 2008, 09:41 PM
Can you tell us the colour of Dougie BEFORE you use it on a run please;) :eek: :D

mark

john
27th March 2008, 01:08 AM
I did not think you would need seat belts, I could understand it if it was a road car.:D

Gismo
27th March 2008, 09:27 AM
I did not think you would need seat belts, I could understand it if it was a road car.:D
Oi, i know what you mean as well :eek: the car came with a ramp attached to it :rolleyes: :D but, he goes to mikeythemini today to get the heated seats etc wired up and a parrot evo :)

Burple
27th March 2008, 10:44 AM
Oo.. that's a tidy mod indeedy!:cool:
I like it!

Smurf
27th March 2008, 11:30 AM
Had an argument with another Classic Mini owner last night - I said that from your photos it looked like the bins were shorter, he said they weren't.

I WAS RIGHT!!! <does Monica dance> :D

Gismo
27th March 2008, 11:31 AM
Had an argument with another Classic Mini owner last night - I said that from your photos it looked like the bins were shorter, he said they weren't.

I WAS RIGHT!!! <does Monica dance> :D
Nice one, i hope there was money involved :D

Duncan Stewart
28th March 2008, 09:07 PM
Very nice job :D Been thinking about how I could stop the seat back hitting the rear bins in my classic but never thought of shortening the pockets. (now where did I put that welder? :eek: )

Mark R
29th March 2008, 03:22 PM
Looks great. Thought I might need to do that myself when I put the adjusters in but there was a mm or so to spare.

What's that you have on top of those bits, some kind of plastic pockets at the rear seats?

Craig
29th March 2008, 04:31 PM
Looks great. Thought I might need to do that myself when I put the adjusters in but there was a mm or so to spare.

What's that you have on top of those bits, some kind of plastic pockets at the rear seats?

the are plastic inserts into the metal bins that are there...;)

john
29th March 2008, 04:45 PM
the are plastic inserts into the metal bins that are there...;)

I'm sure it sounded good in your head:D

What did you really mean to say?:confused: :D

Craig
29th March 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm sure it sounded good in your head:D

What did you really mean to say?:confused: :D

yeah, sometimes it does... ;)

what I mean is, there is a metal bin, that a plastic insert sits in. is that better ?:rolleyes: :o :D

Mark R
29th March 2008, 06:03 PM
Certainly sounds better than the cardboard someone put in mine. Where would I obtain such plastic bits?

john
22nd November 2012, 09:57 PM
Bump