PDA

View Full Version : MINI Cooper Racing @ Croft - Saturday 17th May

Craig
22nd March 2008, 06:34 PM
Who fancies crossing the border to cheer on our Scottish MINI's Racing at Croft Circuit?

Circuit Info HERE (http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/)

It's a bit of a journey, but Jude has said she would like to go, so we are both going to go down and back in a day.

Leave Stirling Services @ 07:00hrs On Sat 17th May

Rendevous @ Southwaite Services @ 08:45/09:00hrs

Arrive at Croft approx @ 10:00hrs

Return Home on Sunday 18th May after the Racing :thumbs up:

Proposed route to circuit HERE (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=FK7+8EU&daddr=dl2+2pn&sll=56.252506,-4.328613&sspn=1.303033,3.702393&ie=UTF8&z=7) :)

Anyone else want to join us?

C & J. :D

Names.

1. Craig & Jude (Sat & Sun)
2. AndyP & Lenore (Sunday Only)
3.. Neil & Lorna (Sunday Only)
4. Pedigree Chump (Sat Only)
5. Stephen & Allyson (Sat & Sun)

Craig
22nd March 2008, 06:36 PM
Could some kind mod please make this a sticky and also add it to the events announcement ? :D

I thank you. :)

Big Gordy
22nd March 2008, 07:22 PM
Stick Ross and me down for this with the usual proviso:rolleyes: ie if Ross is here;):D

Craig
22nd March 2008, 07:51 PM
Thats you and Ross added Gordy. :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd March 2008, 10:22 PM
Stick us down for this, also with the usual provisions re staffing.

Will probably meet up with you as you pass through the Borders. What route you thinking of - Edinburgh then A1 south, or down the A7 or A68 through ooor country?

A.:D

Craig
23rd March 2008, 11:14 AM
Stick us down for this, also with the usual provisions re staffing.

Will probably meet up with you as you pass through the Borders. What route you thinking of - Edinburgh then A1 south, or down the A7 or A68 through ooor country?

Will stick you down on the list.. :D

as for the route, the shortest and quickest route seems to be M74 to Penrith, A66 to Scotch Corner... The run through the Borders seems to be nearly an hour longer.. I will prob be proved wrong tho.. :rolleyes: ;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd March 2008, 11:49 AM
Aye, according to Google Maps, it's 184 miles and about 3hrs 22mins going down the M74 then across on the A66 then up to Croft.

And 179 miles, 3hrs 58mins going down the M9, A720 city bypass, A68, A696, A1 past Newcastle, then A1(M) to Croft.

So we would probably just see you there then. Doesn't make sense for us to go across to Carlisle to meet up then back across the country to Croft.:(

Craig
23rd March 2008, 12:09 PM
I kinda thought that, but depending on who else wants to go, there could be a borders/edinburgh contingent to convoy with. ;)

Colin
23rd March 2008, 02:26 PM
Stick me down as a maybe Craig. :)

Craig
23rd March 2008, 02:26 PM
Stick me down as a maybe Craig. :)

will do Colin. :)

Gismo
23rd March 2008, 05:54 PM
Good on Ya Craig, sadly i can't make it, but, it'll be interesting to hear how the day goes, as it'll be a long day for sure :)

Craig
23rd March 2008, 07:17 PM
Good on Ya Craig, sadly i can't make it, but, it'll be interesting to hear how the day goes, as it'll be a long day for sure :)

Cheers Short Stuff... ;)

Looking forward to it. Really want to go and see the BTCC at somewhere like Oulton Park, but got too much on this year... :o :D

Neil and Lorna
23rd March 2008, 08:01 PM
Hi Craig.

Stick our names down on the list.:D
Should be a good day.:D

Just a wee thought.
I wonder if any members from DMR want to come along as well as a joint meet, its much the same distance for them as it is for most of us.

Neil.:D

Craig
23rd March 2008, 08:12 PM
Hi Craig.

Just a wee thought.
I wonder if any members from DMR want to come along as well as a joint meet, its much the same distance for them as it is for most of us.

Sounds like a plan. Will send Indy a message to see if any of them want to meet up. :)

Neil and Lorna
23rd March 2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a plan. Will send Indy a message to see if any of them want to meet up. :)

I can post up to there site if needed but no doubt you'll be registered with them as well.

Craig
23rd March 2008, 08:25 PM
I can post up to there site if needed but no doubt you'll be registered with them as well.

Yup - email sent ;)

Neil and Lorna
23rd March 2008, 08:28 PM
Yup - email sent ;)

Good stuff.

Indy
25th March 2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Craig.

Just a wee thought.

I'm interested and have asked on DMR if anyone else is.:D
Thanks for thinking of us.

Some are going on the L2B that weekend though. :(

Craig
25th March 2008, 11:24 PM
Some are going on the L2B that weekend though. :(

much closer for you guys than us... ;)

Also, I may be changing this to the sat as there is qualifying and a race on saturday, and only 1 race on sunday. Want to make the most of a long drive by seeing as much as possible.

Please let me know your thoughts re this. It's not a defo yet as I believe the race schedule for the weekend has not been agreed yet.. :p

ELFMAN
26th March 2008, 09:25 AM
Put me down as a 'maybe' please Craig - not sure what I've got on that weekend....... probably jeans and a T-shirt. Saturday might be good - as it'll mean you don't have to go to work the next day! Depends what's on 'racing-wise' on Sat vs. Sunday.

Big Gordy
28th March 2008, 09:24 AM
We could always camp overnight and do the 2 days:D

The Dogfather
28th March 2008, 09:38 AM
Seeing that I work all of about 5 miles away I better put my name down......

BTW, if anyone was wanting an interesting drive to the circuit then I could suggest some great roads rather than the A66 route.

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:05 PM
We could always camp overnight and do the 2 days:D

Mrs D says she doesn't do camping.. ;)

Also, having just come back from our hols a few weeks previous, I doubt we would have money to do the full weekend.

:cool:

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:06 PM
Seeing that I work all of about 5 miles away I better put my name down......

BTW, if anyone was wanting an interesting drive to the circuit then I could suggest some great roads rather than the A66 route.

TBH Vidal, with the 3 hour journey to get there and 3 hour journey to get home, I think most people will be wanting just to get there and back as quickly as possible. I may be wrong tho. ;) :D

Craig
28th March 2008, 06:08 PM
OK, I have decided that it would be better to go on the Saturday to see more of the action.

Hope this is OK with those that have put your name down already. I just think with all the travel involved, it would be good to see as much as we can. :)

Open to suggestions tho.. :o :D

The Dogfather
28th March 2008, 09:13 PM
TBH Vidal, with the 3 hour journey to get there and 3 hour journey to get home, I think most people will be wanting just to get there and back as quickly as possible. I may be wrong tho. ;) :D

Fair enough but there's a road that runs parallel to the A66 goes from Penrith to Alston then along the Teesdale Valley and rejoins the A66. Best road I've driven in England (highest as well). Not much more of a journey distance wise. If anyone fancies it I'll meet them at Penrith and guide them through.

Indy
9th April 2008, 02:30 PM
That would be the A686 and it is the best road Ive driven on also, lovely twisties just right for MINIs. :D

Mini Ecosse
13th April 2008, 08:19 PM
OK, I have decided that it would be better to go on the Saturday to see more of the action.

Hope this is OK with those that have put your name down already. I just think with all the travel involved, it would be good to see as much as we can. :)

Open to suggestions tho.. :o :D
Ok, I think we will manage to do Croft. Like you, will be travelling down on the Saturday to make most of racing. Where you staying?
Stephen
PS You have not got Elfman down as a maybe:eek:

Craig
13th April 2008, 09:24 PM
Ok, I think we will manage to do Croft. Like you, will be travelling down on the Saturday to make most of racing. Where you staying?
Stephen
PS You have not got Elfman down as a maybe:eek:

sorted. :o

thats you added. TBH we will prob be going down and back in a day, however if I get more O/T I might be convinced to have a stay over and go on the sunday. :)

Craig
13th April 2008, 11:07 PM
if we were going to stay, it would prob be THIS HOTEL (http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24089) as it is quite cheap and only about 6 miles from the circuit. :cool: :cool:

Crombers
15th April 2008, 09:26 AM
'P!sh' , working that weekend :( , looks a damn fine wee trip.

The Dogfather
15th April 2008, 10:08 AM
if we were going to stay, it would prob be THIS HOTEL (http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=24089) as it is quite cheap and only about 6 miles from the circuit. :cool: :cool:

I work 200 yards from there!!!!!!

The Dogfather
15th April 2008, 10:17 AM
If there's anyone interested in a trip over this: -

http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/hartside.htm

Drop me a PM and I'll set up a thread, should only add another 45 - 60 mins to the journey so should arrive at Croft by 10am if not I'll meet you at the circuit.

Colin
27th April 2008, 10:44 PM
Was reading the Knockhill thread. So is the plan to stay over for this one Craig and do both days.

Craig
28th April 2008, 05:04 PM
Hi Colin, yes 4 of us have decided to stay over just because of the long drive (and the fact I found some money down the back of the sofa:smilewinkgrin: ) so myself, Jude, Stephen and Allyson will be staying overnight on the Sat night and going to both days...

Let me know if you want the details of the hotel.;)

I will still be leaving from Stirling at the same time on the Sat morning to get down for qualifying.. :thumbs up:

Colin
28th April 2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Colin, yes 4 of us have decided to stay over just because of the long drive (and the fact I found some money down the back of the sofa:smilewinkgrin: ) so myself, Jude, Stephen and Allyson will be staying overnight on the Sat night and going to both days...

Let me know if you want the details of the hotel.;)

I will still be leaving from Stirling at the same time on the Sat morning to get down for qualifying.. :thumbs up:

OK cheers was just wondering what the plan was. I think I'll still be going down and back the same day. Will be a long drive though :yawn:.

ELFMAN
2nd May 2008, 01:48 PM
Sorry Craig, I'm going to have to pull out of this one. Taking God-daughters & their maw & paw to the pictures as a delayed birthday treat - it's the only weekend we can all make it, so I'm afraid Croft gets sacrificed to see those wee smiling faces (and the kids'). I probably wouldn't have been able to stay overnight anyway, so I'd have missed half the fun. See you on Sunday.

Indy
2nd May 2008, 04:44 PM
Not much interest in this from DMR.:yawn:

I may be coming on my own. :D

mini saltire
2nd May 2008, 04:44 PM
Thats me booked my testing on the Friday. I would have loved to stayed on Saturday night but my sister in law decided to get married on the only bloody Saturday of the year that I am racing on!!:ragin: :ragin: So I will be heading up the road on Saturday night (note, I am missing the wedding bit!) for the reception and then coming back down again on the Sunday morning. I have some good news for you guys n gals staying over though....no racing till after 12 noon on Sunday so that you can all go to church.....or get rid of your hang overs hmmmmm I wonder which it will be. See you all soon. Car is in the paint shop......again:argh:

Craig
2nd May 2008, 06:03 PM
Not much interest in this from DMR.:yawn:

I may be coming on my own. :D

no worries Chris, you have my number so just give me a call on the day and we can meet up. :thumbs up:

Craig
2nd May 2008, 06:05 PM
Thats me booked my testing on the Friday. I would have loved to stayed on Saturday night but my sister in law decided to get married on the only bloody Saturday of the year that I am racing on!!:ragin: :ragin: So I will be heading up the road on Saturday night (note, I am missing the wedding bit!) for the reception and then coming back down again on the Sunday morning. I have some good news for you guys n gals staying over though....no racing till after 12 noon on Sunday so that you can all go to church.....or get rid of your hang overs hmmmmm I wonder which it will be. See you all soon. Car is in the paint shop......again:argh:

best of luck with the testing Mark.

I think those that bash into you should make a donation... ;) :smilewinkgrin: :thumbs up:

long lie on the sunday.... mmmmmmmmmm :D :D

Indy
2nd May 2008, 06:47 PM
no worries Chris, you have my number so just give me a call on the day and we can meet up. :thumbs up:

Ok Craig will do.:smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
6th May 2008, 10:50 PM
Craig, I think I'll meet you guys on the way down at Penrith. If anyone does want to do the interesting route I'll guide them through. If I meet you at Penrith I get to give the MINI a blast along the Hartside road on the way out to meet you.

BTW, if anyone wants to see just how good this road is watch the clip below: -

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdzH9XPqgrw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdzH9XPqgrw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is the road that Scotty Boy is using on his Great North Run.

Craig
7th May 2008, 10:59 AM
OK Paul, no problem. :smilewinkgrin:

Just to clarify.... ;)

we will be leaving Stirling Services @ 6:00hrs on Sat 17th May

Rendevous with the Dog Van at Penrith (prob just on the A66 as from memory there is a large layby not far after joining...)

Get down to Croft for shortly after 9am to see the qualifying and also the racing on the Saturday.

Details here...http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/iteminfo.php?id=33&type=info

not much info there, but it gives you the prices.. :thumbs up:

There are a few of us staying overnight and going on the Sunday if anyone else is interested, let me know and I can tell you where we are staying. :smilewinkgrin:

After watching the racing on the Sunday, will be returning back up the A66.M74/A74 north. :cool:

Hope some others can join us to support our NMS MINI Racers, Mark Dryden and Andrew Winchester... :smilewinkgrin: :D :thumbs up:

Indy
8th May 2008, 11:29 AM
Craig, I think I'll meet you guys on the way down at Penrith. If anyone does want to do the interesting route I'll guide them through. If I meet you at Penrith I get to give the MINI a blast along the Hartside road on the way out to meet you.

BTW, if anyone wants to see just how good this road is watch the clip below: -

This is the road that Scotty Boy is using on his Great North Run.

Ive got similar footage taken from my MINI to edit from Christmas of this road.:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th May 2008, 08:54 PM
Craig

Just to let you know we will be coming on the Sunday only.:D

Craig
9th May 2008, 04:50 PM
Craig

Thanks for that. :smilewinkgrin:

Indy
12th May 2008, 06:07 PM
Have you got tickets or is it pay on the day?

The Dogfather
12th May 2008, 06:30 PM
Craig

Craig, I won' be able to make it for both days, which one will have the most MINI action?

Craig
12th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Craig, I won' be able to make it for both days, which one will have the most MINI action?

Sat will have the most MINI action... ;) Qualifying and Race 1. Second Race is on Sunday. :cool:

Craig
12th May 2008, 08:29 PM
Have you got tickets or is it pay on the day?

Chris, not got any tickets as yet, but you never know. ;) It's £10 per adult on the day from the details on their website.. :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
12th May 2008, 09:36 PM
Sat will have the most MINI action... ;) Qualifying and Race 1. Second Race is on Sunday. :cool:

In that case, as per plan. I'll meet you in Penrith. I'll PM you my mobile nearer the time.

Craig
12th May 2008, 09:56 PM
In that case, as per plan. I'll meet you in Penrith. I'll PM you my mobile nearer the time.

No probs Paul. :smilewinkgrin:

mini saltire
13th May 2008, 09:45 AM
If I have any spare tickets you are welcome to them. I have 2 of my sponsors coming down on the Saturday but that is as far as my travelling support goes this time. I will let you guys know once I receive my final instructions through from Croft (should be here by tomorrow). I will also ask various other drivers to see if they have any too.;)

Mark

Craig
13th May 2008, 04:10 PM
If I have any spare tickets you are welcome to them. I have 2 of my sponsors coming down on the Saturday but that is as far as my travelling support goes this time. I will let you guys know once I receive my final instructions through from Croft (should be here by tomorrow). I will also ask various other drivers to see if they have any too.;)

Mark

Thank you Mark - much appreciated.

:thumbs up:

mini saltire
14th May 2008, 10:51 AM
RACE TIMETABLE CAN BE SEEN HERE:

http://www.scottishcoopercup.co.uk/news.php?id=8

I am looking forward to seeing you guys. There is a BBQ on Friday night if anyone wishes to attend please PM me.

AndyP & Lenore
14th May 2008, 11:00 AM
I am looking forward to seeing you guys. There is a BBQ on Friday night if anyone wishes to attend please PM me.

Snassin, frassin, gdmmmmm grrrrrrr.:argh::ragin::ragin::ragin:

So wish we could make a weekend of this. But Sunday is the best we can manage.

At least it's the longest race this time. As long as Gronkowski doesn't eat tyre again.:frown::blush:

Mini Ecosse
14th May 2008, 11:08 AM
RACE TIMETABLE CAN BE SEEN HERE:

http://www.scottishcoopercup.co.uk/news.php?id=8

Thanks for info
Stephen

Big Gordy
14th May 2008, 11:27 AM
Craig it looks like we're gonna have to pull out of this bud:mad: Her indoors has got a list about a mile long for me so I'm going to have to make a start on it sometime:eyes up: and junior has just gone back off-shore.
Bummer:ragin: I really wanted to go to this......even spoke to Colin (CCM) about car sharing to see if it could happen:frown:

Craig
14th May 2008, 02:33 PM
Craig it looks like we're gonna have to pull out of this bud:mad: Her indoors has got a list about a mile long for me so I'm going to have to make a start on it sometime:eyes up: and junior has just gone back off-shore.
Bummer:ragin: I really wanted to go to this......even spoke to Colin (CCM) about car sharing to see if it could happen:frown:

Bummer Gordy - tell her you can do the jobs when it's not so nice weather... :rolleyes::shut up::yes nod:

sorry you can't make it, will make sure we takes loads of piccies for you :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
14th May 2008, 02:36 PM
For those going, as the qualifying is 11:00hrs on Sat, how do you fancy changing the leaving time from Stirling to 07:00hrs, rendevous at Southwaite approx 08:45/09:00hrs and down at Croft for approx 10:00hrs. This would give us a wee bit longer in bed, but we should be down the road in time for a quick look around before the MINI qualifying. :thumbs up:

How does this sound to folks ?

Indy
14th May 2008, 05:30 PM
Sounds good to me Craig. :smilewinkgrin:

Just two MINIs from DMR. :argh:

Neil and Lorna
14th May 2008, 10:40 PM
Craig.

Sorry I ment to post before this to let you know we will only be able to come down to croft on the Sunday.
See you then.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna:D:D

Craig
15th May 2008, 06:48 AM
Craig.

Sorry I ment to post before this to let you know we will only be able to come down to croft on the Sunday.
See you then.:thumbs up:

Neil and Lorna:D:D

Thanks for letting me know....:D

Sounds good to me Craig. :smilewinkgrin:

Just two MINIs from DMR. :argh:

No worries Chris. :cool:

Mini Ecosse
15th May 2008, 06:49 AM
For those going, as the qualifying is 11:00hrs on Sat, how do you fancy changing the leaving time from Stirling to 07:00hrs, rendevous at Southwaite approx 08:45/09:00hrs and down at Croft for approx 10:00hrs. This would give us a wee bit longer in bed, but we should be down the road in time for a quick look around before the MINI qualifying. :thumbs up:

How does this sound to folks ?

Meet you at Southwaite.

Stephen

Craig
15th May 2008, 06:53 AM
Meet you at Southwaite.

Stephen

Cool. thanks.

longer in bed then. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
15th May 2008, 09:04 PM
Craig, I'm thinking that with more peeps coming down on Sunday, Sunday might be the better day for attending.

Plus, if everyone is heading back at the same time I could join you for a wee jaunt back up the road. I've PM'd you my mobile number.

Cheers

Paul

Craig
15th May 2008, 09:07 PM
Cool,

Ignore my reply in the PM other than my Mobile number then. ;)

See you on Sunday. :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
15th May 2008, 10:03 PM
Cool,

Ignore my reply in the PM other than my Mobile number then. ;)

See you on Sunday. :smilewinkgrin:

I thought that might be the case, yes, I will see you Sunday. Are you staying at the Travel Inn at Morton Park in Darlington? If so look out for the Orange (the company, not colour) buildings. That's were I work :off topic:

AndyP & Lenore
15th May 2008, 10:43 PM
Craig, I'm thinking that with more peeps coming down on Sunday, Sunday might be the better day for attending.

Plus, if everyone is heading back at the same time I could join you for a wee jaunt back up the road. I've PM'd you my mobile number.

Cheers

Paul

:off topic:Aw no! This means we're finally gonna meet.:argh:

Craig
15th May 2008, 10:58 PM
I thought that might be the case, yes, I will see you Sunday. Are you staying at the Travel Inn at Morton Park in Darlington? If so look out for the Orange (the company, not colour) buildings. That's were I work :off topic:

nope, we are lording it at a country hotel... ;):smilewinkgrin: not far from Croft. :D

The Dogfather
16th May 2008, 06:16 AM
Tall Trees at Yarm by any chance?

You might want to pop into Yarm for food, its a nice wee town. Very posh considering its so close to Middlesbrough. I believe it where they take footballers when then come to look around Middlesbrough FC, the rest of the town resembles Grangemouth. Darlington is OK but nothing to write home about and there's nothing much around as far a visitor attractions are concerned.

Mini Ecosse
16th May 2008, 09:55 AM
Tall Trees at Yarm by any chance?

You might want to pop into Yarm for food, its a nice wee town. Very posh considering its so close to Middlesbrough. I believe it where they take footballers when then come to look around Middlesbrough FC, the rest of the town resembles Grangemouth. Darlington is OK but nothing to write home about and there's nothing much around as far a visitor attractions are concerned.

Blackwell Grange Hotel

The Dogfather
16th May 2008, 10:10 AM
I have been reliably informed that that's a great place to stay!!!

Mini Ecosse
16th May 2008, 08:47 PM
Now in Glasgow ready for early start tomorrow:yawn:

Stephen

Craig
17th May 2008, 06:35 AM
Well thats us ready to go, but the weather doesn't look good now.:frown: Nothing like it said it would be 2 days ago..:rolleyes: Ah well, at least skin is waterproof.. :smilewinkgrin:

All the best to all the MINI racers today especially our NMS guys Mark Dryden and Andrew Winchester... mind and keep it clean... ;):yes nod:

Bumble
17th May 2008, 11:28 AM
Hope everyone has a fab and safe trip!

SimonS
17th May 2008, 02:31 PM
I have been reliably informed that that's a great place to stay!!!

...as long as you like GHOSTS!!!!!!! (as featured on telly)

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2008, 02:42 PM
Croft update:

Report from Craig for the attention of all those attending on Sunday.

Croft is a bit like Knockhill..... from 20 years ago. It's a bit barren, windy, cold and wet.... (at least we won't fell homesick from the weather). But there are very few eating places, a couple of mom-and-pop trailers selling rolls and drinks, that's all. So if you want to eat, he suggests you pack a picnic. And I've also to let you know, there's no shelters for watching the racing. So if it's raining tomorrow, we're gonna get wet. But we won't melt. Apparently.:moonie:

Mini Ecosse
17th May 2008, 06:01 PM
Croft update:

Report from Craig for the attention of all those attending on Sunday.

Croft is a bit like Knockhill..... from 20 years ago. It's a bit barren, windy, cold and wet.... (at least we won't fell homesick from the weather). But there are very few eating places, a couple of mom-and-pop trailers selling rolls and drinks, that's all. So if you want to eat, he suggests you pack a picnic. And I've also to let you know, there's no shelters for watching the racing. So if it's raining tomorrow, we're gonna get wet. But we won't melt. Apparently.:moonie:

Mind and make it a big picnic!:D:D
Stephen

Mini Ecosse
17th May 2008, 06:04 PM
Some photos from a damp & cold Croft

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft01.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft02.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft03.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft04.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft05.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Croft%20May%202008/croft06.jpg

Remember the red cross parcels when you come tomorrow:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
17th May 2008, 10:22 PM
Andy, Neil

What time you heading down and meeting Craig? Do you want to meet up somewhere, I take it you'll be using the A68?

AndyP & Lenore
17th May 2008, 10:32 PM
Just leaving work the now. Will reply when I get home.

20 mins

A.

Indy
17th May 2008, 11:57 PM
Some great Fotties there Stephen. :cool:

I'll upload mine soon. Although they are not in your league.:frown:

Was great to see all of you today, we all enjoyed it and will see you in August hopefully.:D

Just as you left it dried up and the sun started to appear so maybe you will have a fine day tomorrow.

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 12:23 AM
Paul, We're leaving around 8am, heading down the A68 then A697 to join the A1M at Newcastle. The stopping at a services on the way down. I don't know exactly what the name of the services is but it is these services here. (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=54.726702,-1.522422&spn=0.013829,0.046864&z=15)

Expecting to be there for about 10 to 10.30, for a breakfast/early lunch stop, then heading off to Croft to get there for about 11.30.

Thats the plan anyway.:yes nod:

Happy to meet up, but Lenore says its conditional on you retracting anything nasty you've ever said about automatic Cooper S's.:moonie:

A.;)

Indy
18th May 2008, 12:32 AM
Heres my fotties from yesterday.........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrishamilton69/sets/72157605108519542/

Mini Ecosse
18th May 2008, 07:06 AM
Heres my fotties from yesterday.........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrishamilton69/sets/72157605108519542/

Some good photos there.
Glad I spotted you at the hole in fence:thumbs up:

Stephen

Mini Ecosse
18th May 2008, 07:08 AM
Yes, clear blue skies and sunshine this morning.
Looking forward to a good days sport without shivering!

The Dogfather
18th May 2008, 08:02 AM
Andy, I'll pop by Bowburn services around 10.

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 08:45 AM
Andy, I'll pop by Bowburn services around 10.

Ok. We're at the top of carter bar and its 8.45 ish.

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 09:55 AM
Paul! Couldnt get in those services. Nasty accident on entry road. :(

Indy
18th May 2008, 10:55 AM
Some good photos there.
Glad I spotted you at the hole in fence:thumbs up:

Stephen

The hole in the fence is perfect for a big lens like yours. :smilewinkgrin::p

The Dogfather
18th May 2008, 03:52 PM
Back 'ome, pain in the neck still there (and by that I don't mean Andy's still at Croft).

Some great racing, well done Mark in avoiding the impromptu off roading Mr Winchester. Can't wait to see the photos.......

Craig
18th May 2008, 06:27 PM
Not long home. Great Photos as always folks. :thumbs up:

Thanks to Stephen and Allyson for the company over the weekend, we had a great laugh. :smilewinkgrin:

Mark - you didn't have the best of weekends result wise, but on the upside, the car didn't look to be handling bad and also seemed to be in one piece by the end of it.. ;)

Andrew W - don't know if you had a problem or got black flagged, but your driving thro the gravel was entertaining.. :D

Great Weekend away, with today being the better day weather wise. Looking forward to more racing, but prob miss the next race as I am away on Hols... :moonie:

See some of you on the Thistle Run next week. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 08:57 PM
Back 'ome, pain in the neck still there (and by that I don't mean Andy's still at Croft).

Some great racing, well done Mark in avoiding the impromptu off roading Mr Winchester. Can't wait to see the photos.......

You need to start using some of these new smilies. Or I may just think you're being serious and get offended.:ragin:

A.:smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
18th May 2008, 09:00 PM
Cracking day. Great company as usual (well, except for Vidal Chump).:laugh:

Well done to Mark on today's race, 9th to 6th or was it 7th? Still, you got back in one piece, with all four wheels attached and facing in the right direction. All good.

Well done also to Andrew W on yesterday's result... but what happened today mate? Spent a while in the litter did you not?:frown:

Working on the pics, will be launching my new web site imminently - maybe even tonight.:cool:

Mini Ecosse
18th May 2008, 09:08 PM
Thats us back home 20:30. Stopped for a chippie in Glasgow.
Ally drove from there and I worked on some photos for posting.

A super weekend, enjoyed the company and the laughs.

Stephen & Allyson

mini saltire
18th May 2008, 09:14 PM
Totally and utterly knackered!! Great to see so many of you guys making the long trip to watch at Croft. It is a great circuit to drive....in the dry....Apologies for driving like a big blouse :o in the first race but fighting for 3rd in today's race was great. I set the Lap Record as well which is bonus :yes nod:!! We had to go for a post wedding dinner tonght when we got back so I feel like I am running on vapour. Can't wait for next Knockhill round. Looking forwad to seeing some photos.
Andrew was Blackflagged for running wide too often at the first corner..a bit hash as I have seen worse go unpunished.

Thanks again for the support:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Mark

Mini Ecosse
18th May 2008, 09:40 PM
Ok have posted some photos in the motorsport section.
If not in the right section I am sure some kind mod will move them for me.
Thanks

Stephen

Craig
18th May 2008, 09:45 PM
Ok have posted some photos in the motorsport section.
If not in the right section I am sure some kind mod will move them for me.
Thanks

Stephen

Look fine where they are Stephen... :thumbs up:

Loia is a LUCKY boy tho... think I would be putting on a lottery ticket if I was him... :D

andreww
18th May 2008, 11:21 PM
Andrew was Blackflagged for running wide too often at the first corner..a bit hash as I have seen worse go unpunished.

Yes unbelievable! My ABS went and must have been locking the rears up on the way in, first time caught me completely by surprise and tried to brake lighter the second time but still got sideways although not as dramatically got the hang of it for the third time though. Apparantly it was for rejoining the track in a dangerous manner which is rubbish as i remember coming back on in front of mark and driving round the outside of the second corner to see if he had the momentum to go past or not and when he didnt i then slotted back onto the racing line. Havn't a clue what the observers were thing when they called that in :ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::argh: