PDA

View Full Version : F1 on the Beeb

monkimagic
20th March 2008, 12:44 PM
At last, after all this time, F1 returns to the BBC. Hurah!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/default.stm

drb5374
20th March 2008, 01:06 PM
Excellent news! :D

No more adverts and hopefully they'll do the coverage in HD too!!! :cool:

Mini Ecosse
20th March 2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, excellent news:) :)
Looks like the BBC have finally woken up to the increase in popularity of F1 and have come up with a package to keep Bernie happy.

stoney
20th March 2008, 02:18 PM
its brill news no more ads yeppie

mini saltire
20th March 2008, 02:30 PM
Do you think they'll bring back "The Chain" Intro music????? OMG I am so excited!!

Please leave James Allen where he is and replace him with Murray Walker..... just for the first lap when he goes mad as your telly's volume is up full wack!! I can't wait!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Craig
20th March 2008, 06:46 PM
Absolutely SUPERB news. :D :D

the add breaks were a complete pain in the backside and I am getting back into F1 after years of hating the "follow me" type of racing. ;)

Good on them and thats at least something my licence fee is going towards that I actually want. :o :p :D

zimbo
20th March 2008, 07:40 PM
:D Yes "IT'S GO GO GO...." for the BBC for 2009, thank god( ok to use that word?) for that!!! NO more adverts. :rolleyes::D

illegalhunter
21st March 2008, 08:31 PM
The Chain is a must

Neil and Lorna
23rd March 2008, 08:16 PM
I'm a bit sceptical.

The BBC coverage as far as I can remember was shocking.
I'm sure they went over to the race 5 mins before the start and 10 Mins after the end they were back covering other sports. Qualifying was only the highlights or snippets in the news.

Thought ITV are doing a good job except for the add breaks.
But yes bring back The Chain and Murray.

Neil.

duncan
23rd March 2008, 08:47 PM
The BBC really needs a Sports Channel, for all this sports coverage.

The 6 Nations a few weeks ago meant 1 day had 3 games fully covered on the Saturday, and with the F1 on the Sunday for a few of those weekends, its wall to wall sport.

I've no problems with that kind of coverage, however, not everyone would like that level of sport.

I just wish they had spent a fraction of what they've paid for the Scottish football Internationals though.