PDA

View Full Version : World Exclusive: Full details, specifications and prices for John Cooper Works MINIs

monsta mo mini admin
17th March 2008, 05:58 PM
Engine modifications deliver 211hp and 0-62 in 6.5 seconds Engine, brakes, suspension settings and transmission adapted from MINI CHALLENGE race car Dynamic Traction Control makes MINI debut Full range of John Cooper Works body styling products available On-the-road prices expected to be £20,500 for the JCW Hatch and Clubman at £21,700 New speedo design to ...

More... (http://feeds.mini2.com/~r/mini2news/~3/240135384/)

JCWmini
17th March 2008, 09:51 PM
"Extra-large disc brakes adorned with uprated red callipers are fitted to Works cars. In addition, inner-vented discs are positioned behind the front wheels. The front discs are 17” in diameter while the rear set measure 16”. The brake discs are approximately 22mm larger than on the standard Cooper S."

You would think they would at least get the disk sizes correct.

I can tell you this for sure they will not be 17" or 16"

Big Gordy
18th March 2008, 09:21 AM
You would need to fit at least a 19" rim to clear a 17" disc:eek: Pimp ma ride anyone:rolleyes: ;) :D

ELFMAN
20th March 2008, 02:09 PM
"Extra-large disc brakes adorned with uprated red callipers are fitted to Works cars. In addition, inner-vented discs are positioned behind the front wheels. The front discs are 17” in diameter while the rear set measure 16".

B*ll*cks. It's running the new multi-spoked 'Challenge' 17" WHEELS isn't it? So do they have 'Tardis' - like properties? More drivel from middle-class 12 year-olds in Marketing methinks.........

'Adorned'? What is this? Ready Steady Cook?

'Positioned BEHIND THE FRONT WHEELS'?
Where the hell else do you 'position' front brakes for ****'* sake!

Not a mention that they're apparently now 4-Pot Calipers........

I despair at times, these folks should stick to describing Throw Rugs and fancy cushions for Kensington apartments, not tech specs for Works MINIs! Grumpy Rant over.

MINI William
20th March 2008, 09:22 PM
"Extra-large disc brakes adorned with uprated red callipers are fitted to Works cars. In addition, inner-vented discs are positioned behind the front wheels. The front discs are 17” in diameter while the rear set measure 16".

B*ll*cks. It's running the new multi-spoked 'Challenge' 17" WHEELS isn't it? So do they have 'Tardis' - like properties? More drivel from middle-class 12 year-olds in Marketing methinks.........

'Adorned'? What is this? Ready Steady Cook?

Not a mention that they're apparently now 4-Pot Calipers........

I despair at times, these folks should stick to describing Throw Rugs and fancy cushions for Kensington apartments, not tech specs for Works MINIs! Grumpy Rant over.

Don't hold back,just let it all out :D

ELFMAN
21st March 2008, 10:50 AM
A good rant does satisfy - works for me anyway! I must admit I'd like to get my mitts on the new 'factory' Works 'S' though.......

Mon the fish
5th April 2008, 11:23 PM
The JCW brakes for the R53 were described as 16", despite the fact that they would fit under all 17" OEM wheels, and one of the 16" wheel designs.

Someone in the parts measuring department needs their measuring device re-calibrated...

vintageb3
6th April 2008, 07:18 AM

Da Elf Mannn....

There is such a thing as inboard discs you know:p Citroen used them on the GS Pallas. Was oh so easy to change the pads. You got access form under the bonnet. The brakes were amazing in that car.

Now....changing the plugs?....that was a different story!!!!:eek: :D

mark

ELFMAN
6th April 2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I was aware of inboard disks, you have to remember I'm an old fart anorak! But I'll bet you a tenner the marketing monkey who penned the blurb for MINI wouldn't know an inboard disk if was dropped on their Sushi and Evian breakfast! Anyway, who says a rant has to cover all the technical aspects of the topic? (Elfman Slinks back, cackling insanely, to his secret underground 'Rant-Lab' to devise more cunning put-downs for the BMW Marketing Dept...)