PDA

View Full Version : AutoGlym V Meguiars

Ivano
15th March 2008, 06:54 PM
What is best?

I have been a faithful user of all products AutoGlym for years but i am considering switching over to Meguiars as the product range is vast and Meguiars seems to be the cleaning product of all things Car Show.

I am particularly interested in the Meguiars Detailing Clay and some of the polishes.

Is anybody using Meguiars on here?

Sweeney
15th March 2008, 07:00 PM
Super resin polish is top notch stuff for filling light scratches etc, meguiars waxes are a bit better but you can get much better stuff than both of them.

I prefer meguiars over autoglyms personally

Ivano
15th March 2008, 07:02 PM
I currently use the Super Resin Polish and back it up with the Gloss Preserver...

I think i will give the Meguiars a try

Sweeney
15th March 2008, 07:06 PM
The clay is just like any other, you get different "strength" depending how hard or soft you want it to be the meguiars is a bit soft so brakes up and isnt as tough as others at removing stuff off the paint.

A good thing would be to try the 3 step meguiars process, claying the paint before first obviously as that will give best results.

Ivano
15th March 2008, 07:19 PM
The clay is just like any other, you get different "strength" depending how hard or soft you want it to be the meguiars is a bit soft so brakes up and isnt as tough as others at removing stuff off the paint.

A good thing would be to try the 3 step meguiars process, claying the paint before first obviously as that will give best results.

Cool... Thanks for that

Sweeney
15th March 2008, 07:27 PM
Word of warning though, once you start trying loads of different ones, youll soon see the bank balance going down, id try use up anything you have before buying new lol

Theres a handful of brilliant UK based websites for lots of gear too at decent prices

Craig
15th March 2008, 08:07 PM
I use Autoglym SRP, and the bodywork shampoo conditioner.

the rest of my stuff is a mixture of makes, but NONE are Meguiars as I think it is over-priced for what you get. ;) :D

just spent 4 hours on my car today and It's looking MUCH better.. :cool:

KenL
15th March 2008, 09:56 PM
AG products are OK but they are really bad for staining black plastic trim in my experience.

I don't like Meguiars products, much better stuff out there.

The Bull
17th March 2008, 05:33 PM
This is the place for advice on products or pretty much anything to do with detailing.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?)