PDA

View Full Version : Seat adjustment brackets

Mark R
15th March 2008, 02:02 PM
I just bought and tried fitting a set of these. They fit just fine but the problem I have now is the left side of the seat is higher than the right. That means that the entire seat seems to be off to one side and the steering wheel appears too far over to the left. There is a groove in the floor from where the seat used to sit on the left but not one in the new location I've moved the seat to.

I've tried putting something under the right side of the seat to lift that part up but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Anyone any suggestions or will I just end up having to move the seat back to where it was?

Big Gordy
15th March 2008, 07:49 PM
Just had a look in the haynes workshop manual and It doesn't mention anything specific:o Are the runners maybe handed:confused: If you've fitted the RH one the wrong way round it could push the LH one further out,,,,doesn't explain how one side is higher than the other tho:rolleyes: We'll discuss it tomorrow at the chip shop run and get back to you:p;):D

Mark R
16th March 2008, 05:56 PM
I just left them in and went for a drive. Seems Ok so I don't know if it was just me thinking it was tilted. :D

Anyway got a coolant leak now so the seat issue I may have just imagined has dropped down my list of things to do. So far down in fact it just disappeared. :P

Gismo
16th March 2008, 07:20 PM
Anyway got a coolant leak now so the seat issue I may have just imagined has dropped down my list of things to do
Welcome to the world of classic ownership

Mark R
18th March 2008, 03:13 AM
Thanks. Haven't joined the classic club till you've had your first leak. :D

Lucky me managed to get my first and second all at the same time. Only thing not leaking is brake/clutch fluid. :)