PDA

View Full Version : Scratched paint

GAJ
8th March 2004, 02:26 AM
Some ned decided that my car would look better with a 6 inch scratch on the tailgate so took a key or knife along it yesterday!

This happened yesterday afternoon in Callender. In Leith I could understand it but in a wee town like that?

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Edinburgh to sort it? It is scratcged through to the undercoat.

And to finish off my day I got laser gunned by the police on the way home. I didn't see them until I was almost passed them and I was doing almost 40 in a 30. What a bl00dy day!

duncan
8th March 2004, 02:38 AM
Nightmare GAJ. Why can't people just leave things alone?

The only place i can suggest is somewhere like Chips Away, or Dent Devil, but i don't know if they have franchises in Auld Reekie.

3GGG
8th March 2004, 02:48 AM
As you say GAJ, you don't expect that kind of thing to happen in rural parts. What a bummer. Sorry to hear about the speed trap as well, where about was that?

GAJ
8th March 2004, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Sorry to hear about the speed trap as well, where about was that?

I am not sure of the name of the wee place. Not far from Falkirk. I'll let you know when I get the letter from the Police:(

macblob
8th March 2004, 04:37 AM
Man that sucks Gaj, Wallyford bodyshop do all Dunedins body work repairs, they maybe able to buff the worst of the scratch out

Gismo
8th March 2004, 04:48 AM
Gaj, the guy that did my arches would probably charge you about £30, top job as well

GAJ
8th March 2004, 05:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Gaj, the guy that did my arches would probably charge you about £30, top job as well

Where is that then?

monkimagic
8th March 2004, 05:57 AM
The f**kers, I had my tailgate keyed aswell, but I am up in Aberdeen. Sorry this happened to you too.

Linda M
9th March 2004, 03:37 AM
Sorry to hear you had a right rotten Sunday GAJ :( Hope you get your scratch sorted ok.

Willie M
9th March 2004, 04:13 AM
:mad: Gutted for you Gaj, hope you get the wee beastie fixed up again soon.

Gismo
9th March 2004, 04:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Where is that then?The guy is in Montrose, would be a fair hike for ya, plus you'd have to book in advance as he is usually very busy

Wul
9th March 2004, 06:17 PM
GAJ - that sucks! Big Stylee! You need to get the alarm changed to the one from Phoenix Nights - the audible warning of "Get back you B@ast@rds, I'll break your legs" would soon scare the gits off!