PDA

View Full Version : FAO Vidal buffoon

Gorbash12346
11th March 2008, 10:41 PM
fancy taking your engine to this spec?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/AustenW/Iansengine3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/AustenW/Iansengine2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/AustenW/Iansengine1.jpg
Just to note the engine will be running 2.5 bar and the turbo is a T72 Turbonetics

As for the Spec: Duratec HE, DKE Custom stroke crank, Arrow Rods, custom pistons, Girdled block, Steel Liners, CNC big valve head with Numonic valves, 8 big injectors, dry sumped etc etc

No expense spared

power should be around 850bhp

being built to take on the current fastest front driver (an mg zr of all things)@ ten of the best:eek:

Craig
11th March 2008, 11:27 PM
is the fastest front wheel drive at ten of the best not an MG Maestro... :eek: :o :) :confused:

The Dogfather
11th March 2008, 11:47 PM
TBH no thanks. This might sound a bit odd but I'm quite happy with the power the MX5 has at the moment anymore and it would ruin the fun.

Still that looks like a hell of a piece of engineering. Although I suspected it, I didn't know that the MZR engine (Mazda's Duratec) only really differs from the mondeo engine by having VVT.

Big Gordy
12th March 2008, 09:33 AM
That's a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE turbo:eek: Might suffer a bit from lag:rolleyes: :p :D

Gorbash12346
12th March 2008, 09:41 PM
individual throttle body per cylinder inside that rather insanely large plenum that and it's intended use is 1/4 miles so i doubt it'll have a chance to lag much tbh

never realised the mazda had variable valve timing :confused: your engine is exactly the same as is in my fiesta st albeit a better exhaust manifold and airbox design and using rear drive

theres a cosworth supercharger kit for your car pushing power to 240bhp with the appropriate mapping have a friend with an older shape eunos import 1.6 with a eaton charger on it and it looks pretty entertaining

The Dogfather
12th March 2008, 10:33 PM
never realised the mazda had variable valve timing :confused: your engine is exactly the same as is in my fiesta st albeit a better exhaust manifold and airbox design and using rear drive

theres a cosworth supercharger kit for your car pushing power to 240bhp with the appropriate mapping have a friend with an older shape eunos import 1.6 with a eaton charger on it and it looks pretty entertaining

Yeah, the engine in your car is a Mazda developed engine, it is the same apart from VVT, airbox and exhaust. The Duratec engines don't have VVT though.

R U sure the Cosworth kit is for my car, I didn't realise they'd done an upgrade yet for the NC (Mk3). Still I wouldn't be interested as there's just enough power to have lots of fun without compromising the balance and character of the car.

The Dogfather
12th March 2008, 10:43 PM
<Bye Bye Screwball, you lasted all of 10 minutes>

Oh, dear someone must have the inbred Fwit enclosure open at the zoo and he's found his way on here

Gorbash12346
16th March 2008, 11:48 PM
http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda-talk/viewtopic.php?t=883&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

not sure if that later reply was directed at me :S

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2008, 12:21 AM
Gorbash, I doubt Vidal's post was aimed at you. We had an incident on Wednesday night when an idiot managed to get approved as a user and decided to post some incredibly rude and offensive posts. All his/her posts were deleted and they are banned from accessing the site now. So, Vidal is referring to posts which he could previously see, but now no-one can see - except mods.;)

A.:D

The Dogfather
17th March 2008, 10:10 AM
Gorbash, like Andy said that post was aimed at a troll we had on here the other night.

By the way that kit looks awesome, but I think I might be happy with the current setup at least for know ;)

Gorbash12346
17th March 2008, 10:44 PM
ah np's was just a bit confused there lol

fair enough i wish i could say the same for my cars power output:rolleyes: