PDA

View Full Version : Number plate

MINI William
9th March 2008, 05:39 PM
Afternoon all.just wondering if anyone knows where i could get a number plate like on the JCW car with the JCW logo on it instead of the garage address thanks William:D
PS no copyers this time lol

Craig
9th March 2008, 05:54 PM
Afternoon all.just wondering if anyone knows where i could get a number plate like on the JCW car with the JCW logo on it instead of the garage address thanks William:D

any of the online number plate companies should be able to build what you want, but just watch as most of them are just "show plates" and not road legal.. :rolleyes: ;)

MINI William
9th March 2008, 06:09 PM
thanks craig:D

AeroJonny
9th March 2008, 06:22 PM

I'm sure someone else already has this...so who's the copycat? ;)

tonyjac
9th March 2008, 06:54 PM
i'm your man areo but the only reason i've got it on mine is because i bought my car from JCW garages in east preston now sadly closed:( :)

MINI William
9th March 2008, 06:55 PM
not that im aware of.poss tonyjac but he got his car from JCW so thats not copying:D

tonyjac
9th March 2008, 06:56 PM
:D :D :D :D :o :D

MINI William
9th March 2008, 09:18 PM
never even noticed u posted that up tony

FergusM
10th March 2008, 07:03 PM
And with the change of MOT regulations...most will be caught when car is at the MOT station, unless you swap them. I have a set of "show" ones on mine..standard font, spacing just the lettering is slightly raised. But will fail as not postcode saying where they were made :(

Still another 2 years before I will have to worry about an MOT :)

I got mine from www.demonplates.com (http://www.demonplates.com) I went for the 3D carbon ones :)

KenL
10th March 2008, 11:31 PM

...but what if the police stop you?

My neighbour was pulled by the police for having a silly font (trust me this was silly).

The police gave her a right ticking off, but did not fine her directly.

However, she had to get new plates and a certificate from an MOT garage (which cost her) and send it into the police station.

stoney
11th March 2008, 07:11 AM
And with the change of MOT regulations...most will be caught when car is at the MOT station, unless you swap them. I have a set of "show" ones on mine..standard font, spacing just the lettering is slightly raised. But will fail as not postcode saying where they were made :(

I got mine from www.demonplates.com (http://www.demonplates.com) I went for the 3D carbon ones :)

ok even now you will not pass an mot unless it is the right space/hight....i know this as have had to change my plates for an mot before

...but what if the police stop you?

My neighbour was pulled by the police for having a silly font (trust me this was silly).

The police gave her a right ticking off, but did not fine her directly.

However, she had to get new plates and a certificate from an MOT garage (which cost her) and send it into the police station.

and yes that is right but the thing is you just have to fined a nice guy that takes a quick look at your car plate then stamps the bit of paper it can cost about £30 just for the samp but if you fine a nice pepson then you will get it for free :D