PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1

zimbo
9th March 2008, 12:46 PM
Well folks its that time again, F1 starts again next weekend in OZ. Dont know about the rest of you guys and gals out there but I for one cant wait.

I think F1 is getting better again just like the good old days. :D

Bumble
9th March 2008, 01:54 PM
Yep - will be some interesting battles this year and the intorduction of the no Traction Control rule too.

drb5374
9th March 2008, 06:03 PM
Defo!

Never been much of a fan of F1 before, as it was always so samey-samey, but since Schumacher has been out, i've been getting gradually more and more into it. :)

The Dogfather
9th March 2008, 06:51 PM
Yes, should be an interesting season. I'm hoping Lewis builds on his first season and that Honda are at least competitive this year.

euan
9th March 2008, 07:16 PM
Don't count on Honda - apparently the car is better than last year but still nowhere near where the pace. At least this one seems to have a good base to it to develop.

Williams seem to the dark horses of the pack, they've been flying in the pre-season.

The Dogfather
9th March 2008, 07:21 PM
We could have a completely different front row, no way of telling from testing who's fastest. I can't wait for the first race.

Gismo
9th March 2008, 08:13 PM
I can't wait for the first race.
Yep, me too :)

The Bull
9th March 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing he difference no TC makes.

monkimagic
9th March 2008, 09:57 PM
I reckon Alonso and Renault will do it again.

euan
10th March 2008, 10:00 AM
There are drivers of a certain age, and skill, who I think will struggle.

I don't think Massa will like it as I don't really rate him, but drivers like Button who are smooth anyway should gain an advantage. Alonso looks after his tyres and has abundance of skill, so he should also be quick, but I don't think the car is where it needs to be to give him a championship. I think he's holding station till there is a seat at Ferrari to be honest.

I'll wait and see with Hamilton, I think he'll cope pretty well without TC, but he have learnt from last season so will see how he gets on.

The Long Goodbye
10th March 2008, 03:36 PM
I caught the tail end of the F1-ITV preview yesterday afternoon and have to say that I'm really looking forward to this season.

Traction control and stability control are out so it really will be down to the skill of the driver now. On some of the footage from testing you can see the back end stepping out under power. The drivers don't have the stability under braking like they did last season, so it bodes well for more overtaking.

Although there's still the argument that the aerodynamics are a major cause for the lack of overtaking, this is a step in the right direction IMO.

Big Gordy
10th March 2008, 03:46 PM
I wish they would bring the no traction control ruling into MotoGP:( As even after the first race it looks like Stoner is just going to open the throttle on his Ducati and let it do all his thinking for him whilst disappearing into the distance:eek: I wish they would bring the overall weight of both rider and bike the same as the cars in too as then guys like Edwards and Rossi would be on the same playing field as the likes of Pedrosa and Stoner who are both 'vertically challanged' shall we say:rolleyes: and must weigh about 6 stone soaking wet;):D

zimbo
10th March 2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah Gordy the MOTO GP last night was pretty good, especially towards the end, with the battle between the new rookie and Valentino... :cool: LOL

I cant wait for this weekends first F1 race of the season and I am also really looking forward to the first ever night race from Singapore!! :cool::p I wonder how much that would cost to be there for that... Mmmm

Craig
10th March 2008, 08:11 PM
did you hear what they were saying about the new Singapore track. 1500 lights being installed which give 3 times as much light as the floodlights on a football field.. :eek: And the amount of money that are spending on it... WOW. :)

euan
10th March 2008, 08:21 PM
did you hear what they were saying about the new Singapore track. 1500 lights being installed which give 3 times as much light as the floodlights on a football field.. :eek: And the amount of money that are spending on it... WOW. :)

Yeah, F1 goes even greener :D

There are a few of the far east circuits considering and pushing to be made night races as they can see the money in it. The weather would be more manageable as well as it would be cooler/less humid so might entice more people there. But that track in Singapore looks awesome! When is that race? Quite late isn't it in the championship?

zimbo
10th March 2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, F1 goes even greener :D

There are a few of the far east circuits considering and pushing to be made night races as they can see the money in it. The weather would be more manageable as well as it would be cooler/less humid so might entice more people there. But that track in Singapore looks awesome! When is that race? Quite late isn't it in the championship?

It's in September If I remember correctly. :D I'm feeling quite tempted to try to see how much it would cost to go and see it LIVE, whose up for an NMS trip to Singapore :eek:

tonyjac
10th March 2008, 08:58 PM
FORZA SCUDERIA FERRARI:eek: :D CAMPIONI DEL MONDO:cool:

Gismo
10th March 2008, 08:59 PM
It's in September If I remember correctly. :D I'm feeling quite tempted to try to see how much it would cost to go and see it LIVE, whose up for an NMS trip to Singapore :eek:
Ooh me please :D Hungary was fantastic last year :)

Big Gordy
11th March 2008, 09:31 AM
Don't know if this is true but someone told me yesterday that unless the track at Australia install floodlights for next year they are going to lose there F1 fixture:eek: ......TV money talks:rolleyes:

Big Gordy
11th March 2008, 09:38 AM
did you hear what they were saying about the new Singapore track. 1500 lights being installed :)

The Qatar racetrack had 3600 lights installed:eek: They had to wear tinted visors:D

Gismo
11th March 2008, 09:59 AM
They had to wear tinted visors:D
Actually they didn't ;) you could clearly see the wide open eyes during the racing which you don't normally get to see

Big Gordy
11th March 2008, 10:16 AM
Actually they didn't ;) you could clearly see the wide open eyes during the racing which you don't normally get to see

OK maybe not a lot of the motoGP guys were but they were definately wearing tinted visors in the 125 and 250's:p ;) :D

Big Gordy
11th March 2008, 10:26 AM
You must be blind.....:eek: ;) :D

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/BigGordy/GP20standings20pic.jpg

look tinted to me.....

The Bull
11th March 2008, 10:30 AM
Alonso looks after his tyres and has abundance of skill, so he should also be quick, but I don't think the car is where it needs to be to give him a championship. I think he's holding station till there is a seat at Ferrari to be honest.

I think you are right. There is something that tells me that Alonso in a red car will be a fearsome combination for many years (like Schumacher) if it happens.

The Dogfather
11th March 2008, 11:04 AM
I think Alonso isn't as good as everyone thinks, he was rattled by a rookie remember.

euan
11th March 2008, 11:51 AM
Don't know if this is true but someone told me yesterday that unless the track at Australia install floodlights for next year they are going to lose there F1 fixture:eek: ......TV money talks:rolleyes:

There is a bit of politics in this. Bernie charges people and arm and leg to put on a Grand Prix and Oz don't want to invest in the lights. Bernie thinks it would help viewing figures, and as such sponsor's pay more. But why should the race organisers pay more for the right to host it in the day?

Bernie is also keen to limit the number of night races to make them more of an event.

Crombers
11th March 2008, 05:18 PM
I think you are right. There is something that tells me that Alonso in a red car will be a fearsome combination for many years (like Schumacher) if it happens.

Magic................... :D

Crombers
11th March 2008, 05:20 PM
FORZA SCUDERIA FERRARI:eek: :D CAMPIONI DEL MONDO:cool:

;) :D :) yup, what the man says :cool:

zimbo
16th March 2008, 11:31 AM
Anyone else watch the live race this morning then? Brilliant race, all these new rules are going to seperate the men from the boys and is going to make for a lot more overtaking etc etc:cool:
Oh and the new PACE/SAFETY car is just awesome as well :-P

I have to try to go and watch a race for real... It's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do!! :D:p

monkimagic
16th March 2008, 08:26 PM
I thought it was rubbish.
:mad:
1 car dominated and the rest tried but failed to stay with it.....takes me back.

Kimi was shocking and the rest of the brits were a joke.

Its often the same story at Melbourne but I think the season as a whole may be good.

Big Gordy
16th March 2008, 08:48 PM
Did you hear Coultards post crash interview:D You tell them how it is lad;) brilliant:D:cool: Though it was pretty good on the whole:)

Craig
16th March 2008, 09:23 PM
not seen the race yet, have it recorded.. Sounds like it was a destruction derby. ;) :D

The Dogfather
16th March 2008, 10:01 PM
I thought it was great. I think Kimi tried too hard and as a result failed to live up to his WC status.

Lewis was as cool as a cucumber and showed a level head despite all the interruptions.

Gismo
16th March 2008, 10:11 PM
Did you hear Coultards post crash interview:D You tell them how it is lad;) brilliant:D:cool: Though it was pretty good on the whole:)
Excellent, managed to avoid hearing the result until i watched it :)
Can't wait to see the Coulthard v Massa fight in the pits :D

monkimagic
17th March 2008, 02:31 AM
Lewis has got very ****y, very quickly and ITV are as ever hyping him up. I feel for the other British drivers but I suppose they need to step it up a gear.

A good season is on its way.

monkimagic
17th March 2008, 02:37 AM
THE FOUL MOUTH INTERVIEW

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PiFV7i7Kk

monkimagic
17th March 2008, 02:39 AM
Its not the first time he has caught Louise out....Do you remember this comment?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlyQ9vjQGI&NR=1

euan
17th March 2008, 12:16 PM
THE FOUL MOUTH INTERVIEW

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V_PiFV7i7Kk

Don't you hate F1 admin - that video has been removed due to copyright claims!

Anyone else found it?

mini saltire
17th March 2008, 12:41 PM
Great Grand Prix I thought. No Traction Control is the way forward. Loved Heikki's move on Alonso, just a shame he lost drive just after it. He made Alonso look very ordinary:cool: . Very excited to see what Jenson does as I rate him as good as anyone. An encouraging start though all round.

DC comments.... pure scottish class!!

The Dogfather
17th March 2008, 01:08 PM
Heikki, didn't lose drive he accidently switched his pit lane limiter on :D

euan
17th March 2008, 01:11 PM
Alonso's car is rubbish, at least he'll be happy with his partner who also seems to be a tad slow at the moment.

Good to see the Red Bulls are quite quick this year, and the BMW's look superb.

mini saltire
17th March 2008, 04:09 PM
Heikki, didn't lose drive he accidently switched his pit lane limiter on :D

So he would have changed his brake bias to set up the move then tried to turn it back but hit the wrong button..... he'll only ever do that once!! Did you see how much that pass meant to Ron??

BMWs look very strong, Honda are looking a lot better than first thought as well.